Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

mini RC helicopters

• Thread starter Deleted member 8382
  • Start date
^^^ohh, nice toy you have purchased :tinfoil:

Let's see how it works, and you say something when this arrives ;)

ped

yup i'll let you know, should be here in a day or so :)

Well, I went ahead and bought the Blade mCP X. Now it's all I fly, I've been giving away my toy SYMAs to get other people hooked. :eg: I'm still flying it tail in but am getting better and more adventurous all the time. This is one tough little bird! I'd recommend spending a bit of time on a fixed pitch heli before running out and buying this as a first heli.

5597-blade-mcp-x.jpg

Note the CNC aluminum blade grips.

Last edited:

ped

Ok so...on with my first repair :) 1 broken rotor holder.

hx6u09.jpg

And the repair kit!

23sdevp.jpg

Here are some random shots of the rest of the copter

15gthj8.jpg

332ci15.jpg

2w1uxcp.jpg

2enulbs.jpg

Your getting a lot of copter for your money considering its RTF.

My friend had a go who has 6ch CP experience said it flies like a dream. I just need practise now.

ped

Damn you! :)

Ive just ordered one, and a load of spares...with EMS shipping :)

Helios

Let us know what you think of it!

I cant decide between this and a walkera 4#3

The walkera is twice as much money but its got a high capacity battery and good reviews.

Last edited:

ped

Let us know what you think of it!

I cant decide between this and a walkera 4#3

The walkera is twice as much money but its got a high capacity battery and good reviews.

My freind would disagree , he says the walkera's are fine, but very unreliable.

Helios

Interesting. Well I have read nothing but good things about the one I just posted and you instantly bought :crackup::beer:

ped

Yeah soon as it gets here i'll update this thread..

Do me a favour....dont post any more! :crackup::crackup:

Last edited:
I cant decide between this and a walkera 4#3..
Don't buy the 4#3 - although it's a good heli, I've heard it's much harder to fly then the newer models like my V100D01. If you go Walkera go with a V model.

Define "unreliable"... My two Walkeras still function fine. The problem is that they don't appreciate crashing all too much. But I guess that applies to all "serious" 4/6ch helis... I've spent enough on spare parts. "Foamies" (blades) shred the moment they come in contact with any hard surface... :( I've also shredded just about everything else on my Walkeras (tail booms, tail rotors, gears,...), but it was always my fault (i.e. crash & burn...).

Regardless if I were to buy my first 4/6 I would go with the Blade mCPx. That has to be the most fun for the money ratio out there right now ;)

Helios

The Blade mCPx looks amazing with its 3D capability but I think its a little too much helicopter for me. I have only messed around with the AirHogs brand (from wally world) which are 2 channel :crackup: and a coaxial 3 channel I bought off ebay that flew twice before the tail rotor broke.

Not 100% sure but does this qualify for the disucussion of mini and copter?

P1090001.jpg

Helios

Whoa did we lose some posts? I remember discussing this device posted by Kmor2004 several days ago.

EDIT: looks like lots of posts were lost in the server crash. As I posted before I did order the 9958 heli and I will let everyone know how it is once its here.

Last edited:
The Blade mCPx looks amazing with its 3D capability but I think its a little too much helicopter for me. I have only messed around with the AirHogs brand (from wally world) which are 2 channel :crackup: and a coaxial 3 channel I bought off ebay that flew twice before the tail rotor broke.

After you get a little fixed pitch heli experience, go for the mCP X! You won't be disappointed. They can take a beating if you chop the throttle before you hit a hard object (none if you crash in tall lawns), will easily fly outside in 15+ mph winds, and parts are readily available at your local hobby shop.

Helios

After you get a little fixed pitch heli experience, go for the mCP X! You won't be disappointed. They can take a beating if you chop the throttle before you hit a hard object (none if you crash in tall lawns), will easily fly outside in 15+ mph winds, and parts are readily available at your local hobby shop.

I definitely will look into it if I like the ones I have coming. I actually bought both the 9958 and a syma s107 as the OP did. I found it for $20 shipped from within the US so I thought why not. It will be good for when others want to play with one and I wont have to worry about it breaking.