Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

mini RC helicopters

• Thread starter Deleted member 8382
  • Start date

elite ares

I would be highly suspect of the swollen battery. It's just not worth using it and possibly starting a fire. Also, I use a LiPo-Safe bag when charging LiPos. Buy a few more Nano-techs, they're only about a buck and a half each for the ones you need.

Helios

Well I emailed the seller so I will ask for a replacement that is not swollen.

Kmor2004

Agreed, puffed lipos are bad Period, maybe not so much a fire hazzrd but most likely it's past rechargable, I'm talking 1V or less dead, plus there is still a chance of fire so, indeed try and get a replacement or by new ones.

Helios

He wants me to ship it back for a replacement but frankly I find that a scary idea. I dont want to be held responsible if this thing bursts in transit. Theres a fair amount of pressure in their already.

Edit: Nevermind. I sent him a picture and he will resend a new one. Problem solved.

Last edited:

phoenix77

I own a SYMA S-107. it's 3 channel but does have a gyro in it. For a beginner or vet. the sheer simplicity of operating this helo makes it awinner in my book. I took the advice of a Forum Member about buying this helo & have been VERY HAPPY with it !!!
phoenix77/Rob

Last edited:

ped

Yeah my S107 is still flying, they are about the best mini RC copters you can get.

Pilgor

Two great quad-chopper. Both pretty much similar. Great flyers.

Last edited:

Sigurthr

I've wanted an RC heli since I was a kid. I had one when I lived in NJ but it was a cheap toy that used IR and broke easily. I barely had 50sqft to use it in and that took a lot of the fun out of it. Now that I live in the country I've considered getting one again, but I don't even know where to start looking. I'd want true radio control, and a battery life better than 10min of run time for under $100. Probably not easy to find.