Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Merged 445nm Pictures and Video Thread

Crappy pic...but just because 445nm is freakin amazing. After building my 445nm labby yesterday, powering it up was awesome. It felt just like the time I powered up my first green laser and violet laser years ago. I see the beam as very blue, the "effects" that are similar to blu-ray give it a violet look though. 445nm almost makes 405nm look dull in comparison. Can't wait for my 405nm coated lens so I can kick up the current, I would rather not have my acrylic lens melt.
bluepic.JPG

Last edited:
Here is the 445nm compared to a 160mW green Wicked Lasers Evolution Pro and a 200mW red "New Style" laser. The 445nm completely washed out the other colors on camera because it is so strong! (yes I know the module is upside down :D )
445comp.JPG

Here is my lab setup. You can see the driver + wire spaghetti + tape bundle in the background, it isn't pretty but I was in a hurry for blue and that setup works. No fog here, the beam is actually that bright in lit conditions.
445lab.JPG

I'll say it again, 445nm is amazing. Who would have guessed my most powerful laser would end up being blue!

Tony: these things are amazing... btw just noticed futurama reference nice, Thursday;).

stryopyro: very nice laser ya got there.

Re: My first build (Jayrob 18650 Host) - 445nm Success

Well, I'm glad this worked out. Today I got the 18650 host+heatsink+Microboost driver, 405-G1 lens from Jayrob, and the 445nm diode from ElectroFreak ... I feel pretty good that I succesfully completed my first build, too. Now, how to fit it into my signature...
Congratulations, great build, great photos, thanks +1 :beer:

My 445nm at 650ma - Plastic lens

Attachments

• IMG_0019.JPG
    IMG_0019.JPG
    267.8 KB · Views: 139
my 445 build

Surprisingly there aren't many 445 build threads. so here is mine.

Host is a DORCY LED. it uses the cartridge that takes 3aaa batts. but i chose this host because it can easily be modified with existing internal parts to take 1-18650.

my neighbor made my aluminum heat sind. it is drilled to take the aixiz module. I only used the "head" with the diode. not the entire pill.

So the pix i attached show the whole host. all the internal parts as compared to a penny for size reference and my heatsink.

This was my first build using the lava driver. It was so small and I am about as delicate as a bull in a china shop. Needless to say i was really nervous about soldering on all the jumpers to get me to the max range. But my helping hands and magnifying glass made easy work of it. I set the driver to 810ma. i used my standard test load and did not notice it get hot at all.

so with out further adieu i present my little monster.

michael

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 114
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 110
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 108