Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

LUMIA- one thread for all-

YES I am thrilled with these 'mini labbies' -- adding a pic of just a few of the glass items from thrift shops i never pay more than $1--

Attachments

• Thrift shop LUMIA glass 002.jpg
    Thrift shop LUMIA glass 002.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 302
Last edited:

Tmack

8577-imag0341.jpg

Pman

Looking good Tmack.
IF you get a chance, try just the 405nm hitting a GITD background. Really interesting ghosting effect.

Tmack

I ordered a bunch of different colors GITD powder, I'll have to check out some paint. Good idea. I've seen some YouTube stuff like you described and the ghosting does look great.

Pman

Just get a can of that $5 Walmart stuff I talked about and a big piece of white thick paper to try it out and see what you think. It doesn't cost much to try something different. If you liked that GITD paint I sent pick up one of those too as I remember you said your son got a kick out of it.

Tmack

Yeah he loved it!

Oh I just ordered my clock motors , 3 acrylics discs 4" , battery holders to wire a switch to the motors, mirror stands. Only need the actual mirrors , some mounting materials, and the box , and I'm cooking !!!!!!!! Can't wait!!

What kind of mirrors should I use??

Pman

How about some big "fun house" ones:p

What made you decde to use 4" discs? I was surprised at all the discs offered on ebay when I put the right search words in. You can get piles of them for not too much $.

Now I see why you use 4" discs. Size of the clock motors;)

Last edited:
I don't have my rig set up but I'm subbing because I'm liking what I'm seeing :pop:

Tmack
minor prob using a mirror is you get two reflections- FS mirrors make just one-

Some can be had for nearly free in old flat bed scanners or Poilroid One- Step cameras.(while you are there harvest the 3vdc motor too)

btw I have some 1/3rd rpm ac motors sold alone- none of the other items from my kit-

Shipping same for one or up to four(max) --$5.80 (CONUS only) each motor 6.95$ -- PM if you want any - only 8 will be sold like this..
shipping is $5.80

BBl with new pics- hk

here are the pics- this is one of those very cheap 532 modules- guessing 35mW it happens to be cross hair- with on axis about 2X as bright as the other- not sure be you may be able to rn these til the battery dies-

first pic just the laser
they with the bright axiz on the long side of the tube and close enough to keep any from getting around the tube- each regular kit has one of these bulbs ready to compression fitted mount on the motors-

IF anyone can source the smaller version of these bulbs I have a free lumia kit for you-I found ONLY one and at a thrift shop and now with LEDS not many more will be made like these-- I am not interested in any plastic versions or colored glass just clear, these may be called faceted bulbs - or pinecone or pineappple bulbs- I found the others in the pics while searching for the smaller version-I used the bigger bulb for these pics but i like the smaller- just can find any more--

On the big bulb in the pic one os the ways to connect glass to motor- the orange part is the middle of a mini highlighter-- as its the right size but too long that turned out to be a plus as it allows your to mount the bulb off center if desired the green part is from a old string of xmas lights- I remove the copper wire and the copper bulb contact inside then drill a small hole to attach the orange part with a screw.

kiss

hak

BTW kiss = keep it simple, stoopid!

Attachments

• 532 cross hair aixiz and lowes bulb 001.jpg
    532 cross hair aixiz and lowes bulb 001.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 230
  • mystery faceteded clear bulb 002.jpg
    mystery faceteded clear bulb 002.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 202
  • mystery faceteded clear bulb 001.jpg
    mystery faceteded clear bulb 001.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 183
  • 532 cross hair aixiz and lowes bulb 012.jpg
    532 cross hair aixiz and lowes bulb 012.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 197
  • 532 cross hair aixiz and lowes bulb 010.jpg
    532 cross hair aixiz and lowes bulb 010.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 212
  • 532 cross hair aixiz and lowes bulb 008.jpg
    532 cross hair aixiz and lowes bulb 008.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 221
  • 532 cross hair aixiz and lowes bulb 006.jpg
    532 cross hair aixiz and lowes bulb 006.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 219
  • 532 cross hair aixiz and lowes bulb 005.jpg
    532 cross hair aixiz and lowes bulb 005.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 209
Last edited:

Pman

Man, what a great looking effect from those bulbs. Gotta find some of those.

I may have found some bulbs that are C7 size. I asked the seller if they were glass or plastic and now awaiting their response. A C7 bulb is about 2" I believe. I realize they aren't the ones you said to look for. Are there any markings on that bulb? These sure seem to look like the same pattern. If I got them I would have to send you a couple boxes of them so you would at least have something to give out unless you really don't want them. At least they show some promise. Haven't found anything else yet.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...sPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en#ht_2047wt_1161

CRUD, they are plastic:(

Last edited:

Tmack

Damn I just saw those at Home Depot. I actually stopped my family and said wow these would be great for my lumia . ..... They shrugged and said .......ok

using a RGB projector for scan-thru Lumia can be great- IF you can avoid the flicker-

here are some pics of a OK green module quite cheap at AixiZ - 55$= sold as 50mW- but mine make much more- the PS and driver are not enclosed- and if done gently and not too often the blue pot can be used to lower the current- as 50mW of 532 is a lot in the sense you will need a fair amount of blue - a lot of red and a whole LOt of 405-

OR you may be seeing mostly green- -

I opened my enclosure to show the wires- the open spot is where the ttl goes- the red and black go to the head and the white and light blue are the two ac lines-- I fashioned an piece of red plastic to allow me to turn the trim pot-- its part of a leggo piece-

the very last pic is of a common cord that can work as well as the method I used these can be found in at least two sizes the small is better and its a common cord for electric razors- and smaller- you should secured this plug as best as you can- Mine has a switch in line- in the upper left corner od pic #3 you see the open spot where the ttl signal goes (5vdc) the pot is under that rep plastic piecer I made- to the top right is where the AC line comes in- I have lots of time on this one and it still works great-
I turn it down to get a longer life and so it wont drown out the other colors--a small fan on this would have been a good idea---hak

Attachments

• AixiZ 50 mW mini LAB Laser- ttl  AC 115vac 001.jpg
    AixiZ 50 mW mini LAB Laser- ttl AC 115vac 001.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 228
  • AixiZ 50 mW mini LAB Laser- ttl  AC 115vac 002.jpg
    AixiZ 50 mW mini LAB Laser- ttl AC 115vac 002.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 215
  • AixiZ 50 mW mini LAB Laser- ttl  AC 115vac 004.jpg
    AixiZ 50 mW mini LAB Laser- ttl AC 115vac 004.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 227
  • AixiZ 50 mW mini LAB Laser- ttl  AC 115vac 011.jpg
    AixiZ 50 mW mini LAB Laser- ttl AC 115vac 011.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 217
  • AixiZ 50 mW mini LAB Laser- ttl  AC 115vacPart two 001.jpg
    AixiZ 50 mW mini LAB Laser- ttl AC 115vacPart two 001.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 223
  • AixiZ 50 mW mini LAB Laser- ttl  AC 115vacPart two 002.jpg
    AixiZ 50 mW mini LAB Laser- ttl AC 115vacPart two 002.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 203
  • AixiZ 50 mW mini LAB Laser- ttl  AC 115vacPart two 008.jpg
    AixiZ 50 mW mini LAB Laser- ttl AC 115vacPart two 008.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 189
  • KISS  and cord for aixiz green 115vac green 001.jpg
    KISS and cord for aixiz green 115vac green 001.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:

Pman

Soooooooo what you are trying to say is you still play with Leggos? Good to know as I can admit to my Lincoln log obsession now lol. All kidding aside, nice to see some pics of the insides.
I would guess that that cord you use is like the ones Radio Shack sells IF you need them quickly and don't have time to search "junk" stores as Len calls them:)
Why do I get the feeling you have a ton of those cords...

Your knife edging needs some work Tmack! Sorry, couldn't resist;)
Like hearing about a company that stands behind their stuff and will work with the customer.
Such a pain when you get a new faulty thing and have to send it back and wait for them to get it before they will send a replacement.
Are you sure the bulbs you saw at Home Depot were glass?

Last edited:

Tmack

Sorry. I shouldn't have posted that until it was knife edged properly. I will not post pictures of incorrect setups in the future.

Your probably right pman. They may have been plastic my mistake.

Last edited:

Pman

Nah, just had an evil smirk on my face when I said that. Get a kick out of seeing comments all over the place where people don't actually hear what they read and make comments that make no sense. Just me being stupid funny;) It's all on me. You CLEARLY stated what the picture was. Guess my comment was too cheesy to seem funny. Comment actually had nothing to do with you.

Problem is that I can't find anyplace that seems to list whether their lights are plastic or glass and it seems that most manufacturers have turned to plastic now. That's why it's so hard to find them anywhere.

Last edited:
If you have never made a LUMIA -- here is an easy way to cover the lasers you need for a small one.

mini bliss

less than 20$ make an offer( I just offered 13$ each for two of them-prolly get turned down but...)

Hot Sell Mini Projector R G DJ Disco Light Stage Xmas Party Laser Lighting Show | eBay

the listing says item ships from USA- this listing does not show the mW of the red and green lasers- at least they are not claiming more that the real output= hard to LPM these so I guess they are around 20mW 532 and maybe 60mW of red- fine for small LUMIA box-

I got a few of these as returned not working the motor inside that rotates the diff grates. had a loose wire-

i was about to solder and thought.. why not use this as the R & G for a LUMIA_ should run a long time OK- has a tiny fan on the back-- the circuit inside turns each laser on and off at times- so that works for me- very small- ez to mount using the bracket it comes with and mine had a mic and sound response too-so does this one-- hard to beat 20$ for what you get - ready to use- nothing to do except mount and aim thru your LUMIA glass-

After the lasers go thru the LUMIA glass I am quite sure these will then be eye safe- still don't want to aim into people eyes but should be safe enough for 'normal' uses.

Maybe 'Massdrop' can get us a deal on 100 of these --

have fun!! Hak
Is it just me or did they add a blue laser to this now?