Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

LPF.... that was then, this is now..

daguin

I can remember about 6-7 years ago (obviously no LPF then) 100mW of green cost over $1000 no matter where you went.. Now green DPSS is everywhere, and dirt cheap.

I'd hope that we start to see the same with "true" blue over the next few years - and with the introduction of "Laser TV" our sources of repair/junk/"harvestable" parts can only improve...

Anyone remember when the Merideth Instruments catalog was 2 sheets of 8 1/2 X 11 paper folded over and stapled in the middle??

You had to answer an ad in Popular Science and include a self addressed stamped envelope to get it.

"Information Unlimited" sold plans to build crude gas lasers the same way.

daguin

Anyone remember when the Merideth Instruments catalog was 2 sheets of 8 1/2 X 11 paper folded over and stapled in the middle??

You had to answer an ad in Popular Science and include a self addressed stamped envelope to get it.

"Information Unlimited" sold plans to build crude gas lasers the same way.

OK -- THAT was before my time

I feel almost young again ;)

Peace,
dave

And I am such a packrat that I still have that 1984 "catalog" (now with rusty staples)

I remember those days, before the internet. Trying to get items not normally found at traditional brick and mortar stores. All you had was a picture and a brief description. Most of the smaller outfits couldn't even accept credit cards. You either had to send a check, or ask for C.O.D.

Lets go way back to ~1970 when Scientific American still was scientific and published the plans for a simple CO2 laser project. That's where I started.

HMike