Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

LPF History 103 - The First Ban List

ARG

Interesting thread Mac! How many are there in the series? :p

What happened to the user mfo?

All his latest reps are green... :thinking:?

His rep was removed by cold.

Last edited:

Wow. So if i understand correctly they were promoting lpf on competing sites via PM. They got banned bacause of that. Why the hell would they do that if they know they could be banned from the site they promote?

Last edited:
Wow. So if i understand correctly they were promoting lpf on competing sites via PM. They got banned bacause of that. Why the hell would they do that if they know they could be banned from the site they promote?

Thanks ARG and madmacmo.

Promoting LPF via PM spam... :thinking:

They were promoting PF... Photon forums, on LPF, not LPF on other forums.

It was a time of a great deal of drama here.

Last edited:
I see, thanks for the clarification. :beer:

People do weird things... haha

Is there some sort of rivalry between the two forums?

I remember Dr. Lava caused some trouble, going MIA with flexdrive orders.

Tech junkie 33k rep?What happened?

Please read post 9 and 10 here. :)

Last edited:

Nothing to do with Dr.Lava.

The forums were direct competitors though. Both being "laser pointer" forums.

MFO started PF out of frustration from how LPF was being run at the time, concerning the actions of some mods, a member who is no longer here, and some advertising that was deceptive.

The mods are doing a fantastic job now, the problem member is gone, and all paid stickies are shown to be such clearly.

Altogether turned out rather well. Might not be as "exciting" as it used to be, but at least that "excitement" is not driving people off the forum either.

Last edited:

Please read post 9 and 10 here. :)

Well in my opinion he should be unbanned.All he did was being honest.He didn't scam,advertsite any other websites or something bad.

IIRC... he got banned because he plagiarized someone's
work and got too many of these [
reputation_neg.gif
]... or was that someone
else...:thinking:

Jerry

i miss Tech Junkie lol

Then go find him-just do not bring him back-- PLEASE- this is NOT about those he did not crap on.

MADMAC Is BACK!! WOOT- he can do all the stuff that TJ did without the neg aspects!!

MMM just made my DAY!!

welcome back bro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinitusEquitas View Post
Nothing to do with Dr.Lava.

The forums were direct competitors though. Both being "laser pointer" forums.

MFO started PF out of frustration from how LPF was being run at the time, concerning the actions of some mods, a member who is no longer here, and some advertising that was deceptive.

The mods are doing a fantastic job now, the problem member is gone, and all paid stickies are shown to be such clearly.

Altogether turned out rather well. Might not be as "exciting" as it used to be, but at least that "excitement" is not driving people off the forum either.

WELL SAID

but if we are talking about friction between PeeLee and LPF its has to do with lasers some day becoming outlawed and how this would effect the lasershow Pros-

have you ever read about some asshat lasing an aircraft with a Projector??

If you were a musician would you like some fool in the audience blowing his bugle?? for show OPs lasers in the audience has been a serious problem which is more important than just the very disrepectful
actions and distractions caused by this activity. You will not understand this until you get interested in Laser projectors and lasershows.

Most here are NOT on the same page as those at P/L.

Pointers/handhelds- have already made both outdoor shows and safe audience scanning almost a thing of the past-- if a person takes an eye short from someone in the audience who gets sued??--

THis has gotten so bad that many show OPs now are forced to video the entire audience during every minute of the show just in case they need proof that a person in the audience was NOT lased by the lasers belonging to the show OP. The cost of show insurance has gone up because of pointers. There is absolutely nothing done by lasershow people that has effected handheld owners in ANY way- the the opposite of this IS , sadly not the case at all!!

Please people try to think less about yourself and what you find 'fun'.

some banned members are sleeping DOGs- just let them sleep.

hak

Last edited:
Hopefully tommygreen23 is in PRISON by now. Anyone who was around back then remembers the THOUSANDS of dollars he stole from others and all the crap we went through trying to sort that out. :(

what did he do? a paypal scheme like with SBA? or something else ?