Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Low mA drivers?

Anyone know someone that builds small drivers that would fit in a pen host?
I contacted The Lightning Stalker and he no longer builds them after he moved.
I need 3
I need one for the 510nm Diode from DTR. https://sites.google.com/site/dtrlpf/home/diodes/osram-10mw-plt5510-515nm-green-laser-diode
I need one for a 635nm diode in my description from 10fenny. http://laserpointerforums.com/f72/trendkilla254-s-first-pen-build-96759.html#post1409023
I need 1 for a 445 diode. http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/ndb7242e-445nm-diodes-91339.html

I bought some off ebay for cheap but the solder pads were terrible. I want ones that have a through hole to attach the wire prior to soldering.

Last edited:

94Z28

Aixiz driver isn't through hole but they fit into 12mm moudule and can push up to 500ma.. or you need to look for a groove 2 or microflexdrive both are in Stock from innolaser.com I am ordering some groove and microflexdrive myself.

Aixiz driver isn't through hole but they fit into 12mm moudule and can push up to 500ma.. or you need to look for a groove 2 or microflexdrive both are in Stock from innolaser.com I am ordering some groove and microflexdrive myself.

Thanks dude! Yeah I tried the Aixiz and the solder pad just lifted right off on both of the ones I tried. I might be terrible at soldering to small contact pads but I have never had an issue before.

Edit- Innolaser doesn't have a storefront and they are not USA based?

Last edited:

Pman

Bottom line is the driver situation is terrible. Good luck. If you find any small boost drives I would like to know about it.
Have you used those drivers before 94?

Last edited:
If you don't mind going linear and are good with small tedious work, you could use the AMC1117 in SOT-223 package to make a small linear driver.
The disadvantage, is of course, that you would need to use 2 li-ions for the 445nm. For the 635nm you can get away with one li-ion and a spacer.
For the 520nm, it only runs to ~10mW with two li-ions fully charged.
Also, for all of the pen builds, this is what I've done.

Maybe not what you are looking for but just a FYI.

Hope you find a solution that works for you.

Last edited:
Yeah I tried the Aixiz and the solder pad just lifted right off on both of the ones I tried. I might be terrible at soldering to small contact pads but I have never had an issue before.

Flux paste is pretty much a must on small solder pads, where heat time must be kept to a minimal. I've built with several of those AixiZ drivers now, and with the paste I haven't had any issues.

94Z28

I can solder those aixiz no problem... tin the wire, tin the pad fast...

Pman I have not tried the Groove or the Microflex but I have some incoming from them finally they replied to my emails... I have a ton of drivers coming from a few different sources for some projects I have going...

I also have some benboost boards incoming from the maker as well as some selectable test load boards that I will be attempting builds on, since nobody else is doing anything about the boost drivers I may start reflowing those old-school ben boosts for myself.

Last edited:
Specifically what dimensions do you need them to fit? I have some nearly complete benboost drivers and maybe the parts to make some small linear drivers.

94Z28

Specifically what dimensions do you need them to fit? I have some nearly complete benboost drivers and maybe the parts to make some small linear drivers.

PM you about that also OP can contact me if interested in getting some parts together to make a boost for yourself! I am gonna give it a try..

I need them to fit the 12mm module. I want them to fit into pen hosts.

PMs sent.

Last edited:

94Z28

Oh, and I can reflow you any output boost drive you want of the benboost circuit up to about 1200mA.. Parts take 3 days to arrive, I have boards in stock.

Last edited:
I can cite a couple reasons why not to make drivers.
0 inquiries for an entire year prettymuch qualifies as no interest
The DFN chips used are a real pain to reflow and very expensive.
Flak from interests who do not wish to see the proliferation of handheld lasers

Sta

Wow, you've been gone for a long time, Lightning!
Welcome back to the forum. :)

i have a friend who is willing to build drivers however he would like to make it in batch of 10+. Organize a GB people!!

or just pm me your needs and i'll convince him.