Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Long time; no build: 505nm Leadlight

Encap

All right, do not heat up so much .... I did just one question!

Who cares what you say or do not tell!

So much for good or for bad if you have to talk or "shoot" do it the same

Outside or inside certain sections!

Another inappropriate for this thread meaningless little child nonsense post?

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
All I can say is that after going back and reading through this thread again, is that this has turned out to be a real crappy welcome back for a long time veteren who has recently returned, and shared
his beautiful new pen build with us!

It's really no wonder why many long time members just stop posting. I know there are many other reasons, but this surely doesn't help any.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
I clarified why I had written that way in the 1st post! all this Curt

What's in Electric Elephants?
There are still sections in which you do not give me access!​
I have been friendly and very reasonable with you on this forum.
Can you explain yourself on this one please?

And I agree with the above. RA_pierce, sorry for how out of hand this thread has got. Not a good first build back thread now. Please don't be put of posting here. I want this thread back on track.

Alex, is it possible to clean up this thread, or will we get left with loads of deleted posts leftover?

Last edited:
All I can say is that after going back and reading through this thread again, is that this has turned out to be a real crappy welcome back for a long time veteren who has recently returned, and shared

It's really no wonder why many long time members just stop posting. I know there are many other reasons, but this surely doesn't help any.

And did it take so much to give a simple answer? (I mean lasersbee)
Well, maximum respect for War Veterans! and also for the Retired!

All right, do not heat up so much .... I did just one question!

Who cares what you say or do not tell!

So much for good or for bad if you have to talk or "shoot" do it the same

Outside or inside certain sections!
Are you off your medication...:thinking::thinking: Do you have
a mental disease...:thinking::thinking:

I answered your question and explained to you
why you could not read the Veterans section of
the Forum and you try to attack me....:tsk:

Perhaps this Forum is not for you... There are no
babysitters here.

@RA-p....
sorry for the rant.

Jerry

Last edited:
Are you off your medication...:thinking::thinking: Do you have
a metal disease...:thinking::thinking:

I answered your question and explained to you
why you could not read the Veterans section of
the Forum and you try to attack me....:tsk:

Perhaps this Forum is not for you... There are no
babysitters here.

@RA-p....
sorry for the rant.

Jerry

Do not use drugs or metals!
The full explanation gave me BowtieGuy!

If the forum is not suitable for me, you do not have to tell me that you are a member like me!
The baby-sitter I recommend to you! maybe it helps you to relax!

Do not use drugs or metals!
The full explanation gave me BowtieGuy!

If the forum is not suitable for me, you do not have to tell me that you are a member like me!
The baby-sitter I recommend to you! maybe it helps you to relax!
Your Trolling Drama is no longer wanted here.....

VqlMj4h.jpg

Jerry

Thanks for those of you who reported the post, makes quick work. I have given a temp ban in the past as well as a warning to 3D (check his reputation) on his language but surely enough there he goes.

Sorry OP about the thread. Nice build though. :D

Last edited:

Encap

Nice work EP! Thanks.

RA great pen build--sorry you had to suffer 3D's nonsense---is not typical of LPF . Don't let it put you off.

Thanks for those of you who reported the post, makes quick work. I have given a temp ban in the past as well as a warning to 3D (check his reputation) on his language but surely enough there he goes.

Sorry OP about the thread. Nice build though. :D
Nice swift justice... Well done EP... and I like
the note on the Ban Thread. Can't mistake that.:yh:

Back to RA_p's nice clean build...

Jerry

Hi,
Great threads like this one are stronger that any trolls posting. Great build done well buddy..

Rich:)

You guys are funny.
I really didn't mind 3D's comments, though without the full context, I don't know if banning him was really necessary.

Having a relatively low power, single mode, laser in there makes it just that much more useful - reckon thermal design is good enough for it to run continously?

I think so. This diode runs hotter than I expected but it seems stable and doesn't get hot enough for me to worry.
In a pen host like this, I have a different standard for run times. If I can use it for a few (10-30) seconds at a time with breaks of a few seconds in between, I consider it good for "unlimited" use.
That said, an LPC-815 at ~400mA should theoretically produce about as much heat and I've run one of those in the same setup for >3 minutes continuously with no issues. This setup with the 505 seems to behave about the same.

They are relatively low power, but not single mode. Funny thing is that Singlemode was the one who pointed this out.

They aren't? They look like they are. Can you point me to the thread where this was discussed? Interesting.

It's not a big deal, really.
My feelings aren't hurt. We're all here for fun anyway. There have certainly been worse trolls in the history of this forum.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Great, glad that didn't put you off. You probably missed the stuff that got him temp banned but it did include a racial comment. But anyway, enough about that. :)
I love that 505nm colour.