Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Buy Site Supporter Role (remove some ads) | LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery | Browser Hide by Avery

Long time; no build: 505nm Leadlight

Sure, RA_Pierce. It is in the 480nm and 505nm thread or another just on the 505nm diodes. I would have to search through all of them to find that specific post now. If I run across it again, I'll remember you and try to bring it to your attention. Singlemode Laser is a member I met through Dr.Laser. He works at Berlin University in their laser department, I think he is a Professor there or a Fellow. He is extremely knowledgeable in laser diode technology and has given me information I probably would have never found elsewhere. I have done some spectrometer work for him and we have traded information on these new diodes. He has been diffraction tuning them to a single line width by as much as 7nm. It is very fascinating work.

Last edited:

Just saw this post. Very nice build! I remember you being one of the few expert pen builders on the forum. Sucks these green diodes are so inefficient, but we see it with the green LEDs too and it doesn't seem like the materials scientists are making much headway in increasing efficiency.

I have a nearly identical build planned with one of the Sharp 505nm diodes I nabbed off eBay while they were first listed. It seems there are a few different batches of these diodes with different center wavelengths out there, but I have yet to figure out what my diode falls under. Like we've mentioned in my 375nm thread, it is a shame we didn't stock up on microboosts earlier so we could make some cool pens with all of these new diodes.

Great to see you again, styropyro. I have been cataloging these different iterations of the Sharp 505nm diode. There are four now that I am aware of and have two here of the newest one with ten more on the way. Once I have the information, I will post it all for everyone to see.

Good riddance to 3DLaSeRBuiLDeR. Glad I was in the hiatus for a while, as I get p*ssed pretty easily, and that his pointless drivels were removed. There's no need for the LPF to turn into troll hotbed. :rolleyes:

Nevertheless, I like your laser pointer build, RA_pierce - it looks rather ***y for a 505nm laser build. :D It's a marvel to behold. +Rep

Back