Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Lifetime317 Reviews anyone?

Hey I am sending my laser to Lifetime317 and I heard its a good idea to hear feedback from the vets if its a good idea since I am a newbie here.

He seems really nice and trustworthy and obviously has a lot of rep power, but the only thing that is sketching me out is that he had me pay through giving money to friends/family in paypal.

Once again he hasn't done anything wrong to me, its just me being a little cautious :)

Never ever Ever pay as gift/friend with a business deal. You will be giving up your right as a customer to protect yourself should something go wrong.
The rep on this forum has no meaning actually. Don't pay much attention. People are one upping each other much like a game between friends and have devalued the rep system so much that it's useless. On top of it they're buying it as well so a lot of the current members have no experience and don't know what they're talking about but appear as they do because of the rep being so high so keep that in mind.
There is a new forum in the works. They want a decent place for the hobby and are willing to keep it that way.

Most members that have time to help with a laser repair are generally very decent people,
He probably didn't even charge for labour, I've purchased from Jordan as friend-family, not the proper way but does save some fees.
I'm sure you will be satisfied,

diachi

Never ever Ever pay as gift/friend with a business deal. You will be giving up your right as a customer to protect yourself should something go wrong.
The rep on this forum has no meaning actually. Don't pay much attention. People are one upping each other much like a game between friends and have devalued the rep system so much that it's useless. On top of it they're buying it as well so a lot of the current members have no experience and don't know what they're talking about but appear as they do because of the rep being so high so keep that in mind.
There is a new forum in the works. They want a decent place for the hobby and are willing to keep it that way.

Above poster is a returning troll ... but he is at least right about the first part - don't pay as gift/friend. The seller can include PayPal fees in the price if they need to cover it themselves. Make sure you're covered if something goes wrong!

94Z28

Hey I am sending my laser to Lifetime317 and I heard its a good idea to hear feedback from the vets if its a good idea since I am a newbie here.

He seems really nice and trustworthy and obviously has a lot of rep power, but the only thing that is sketching me out is that he had me pay through giving money to friends/family in paypal.

Once again he hasn't done anything wrong to me, its just me being a little cautious :)

I've never done a business deal with him but I will tell you he has taken the time out of his day to help me with laser issues and I am still fairly new here as well. I respect him and would trust that he asked you to pay that way for fees. I have asked to be paid that way before as well to avoid losing money on a situation where I was already helping someone.

GSS

I'm not sure what the PayPal deal is but yes he is to be trusted.
I have probably about 5 builds from him and a modded SciFi fix he has done for me.
You will always get picks of your build in progress and LPM charts. 2 day shipping always.
Take a look at his build threads and you'l get an idea plus i'm sure some other buyers will chime in:)

Last edited:

BobMc

Hi, your dealing with lifetime17 not lifetime317 ( just so you know ) ( talked to him this morning) Yes, he is trustworthy and good, takes a lot of pride in what he does. I bought two lasers off him and was so impressed went back and bought two more. Than he repaired a "edc" of mine in less than 48hrs ( not for free, but for a fair price) was so impressed I sent him another dead one which he is working on. If you don't want to send through friends and family simply volunteer to pay the paypal fee's. You can ask him to send you some pic's of his builds, I think you'll be impressed. He's working on getting a lathe, so hopefully we'll get some nice heat sinks and hosts in the future. Think you'll be very happy, (those are my thoughts.) take care!

Last edited:
Reactions: GSS
Hi I PM you, You sent everything but the driver and the only parts that were wrapped were the battery tube and the CU heat sink. All the other stuff was rolling around in the box, It sounded like a Maraca .

Rich:)

Dcrets

I agree with others. Never send as friend/family. Seller of services can up the price if he wants but you need the protection if things do go south. I'm involved with other forums where it strictly forbidden to ask for the friend/family way because of the protection if you follow the rules. Always surprises me that people that would never cheat another individual have no problem cheating an entity such as Paypal. They deserve to be paid for their services.

Pman

Life is not going to hose you over and although I would agree the rep system isn't an accurate representation specifically related to lasers anymore he knows what he is doing and there's build after build he has shown and sold with all happy customers (to my knowledge). He has contributed laser related stuff from his join date and this isn't just a place to socialize like it is for some.
Personally I came for the lasers and have always tried to give back as much as I can and have enjoyed the huge bonus of gaining a lot of friends:)

Hi Everyone,
Thank you so much for the great comments and support. I know that this forum set me off to something special in lasers and in all the awesome folks I met here. If I can give a hand within my reach I will.
Thank you agin everyone.

Here's what I do, I have a rule when sending money whether trusted or not, I always send via Ppay under paying for goods or services. If the individual wants me to pay as friends and family to save some money, then I just pay the extra percentage Ppay would have taken to them, that way it all comes out even and I am still protected. Anything can happen on the net, someone could hijack a trusted members account here who hasn't been around for awhile and list something for sale, giving you their ppal address instead of the members real ppal.. Now you are out of luck.

Just an update: Lifetime has been super fantastic and is constantly updating me to keep me sane. There were tons of problems from my end and hes just been awesome about working with me to fix them!

Also I'd like to give a shoutout to Survival Laser and Gary: he gave me a new diode and driver for having accidentally given me the wrong driver which fried my diode.

Thanks for all the feedback!

Reactions: GSS
Hi Avatar,
Thank you for stating those kind words, i been tracking the package Gary is sending me. As soon as it arrives i will go to work on the build and once again it will live. hang in there buddy ..

Pman

Any update on this?
That's actually a really good idea Alaskan. I've sent friends/family over and over and haven't gotten whacked yet. I should really follow your advice instead.

Last edited:
Hi,
Alaskan has a great idea as of now i will just tack on the PP fee to the balance and everyone is happy again and protected ..