Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

LEP

Noticed some more LEP items for sale besides the acebeam w-10 and w-30 flashlights.

Interesting stuff, could be the next big thing ??

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Red, are these the same tech. as the Acebeam calls their light "laser excitation phosphor", while Welltool calls theirs a "light emiting plasma" light?

Edit: Not sure, but I think that $22.99 price on the Welltool may not be correct.

There's 3 options on that welltool sale add, the 22.99 is for a battery extension, the light is actually more than the acebeam.

The flashlights use laser to drive the plasma and the grow lights and industrial bulbs use RF

Light-Emitting-Plasma-Powerful-Lighting-and-Energy-Savings-1.png

2.jpg

Last edited:
Noticed some more LEP items for sale besides the acebeam w-10 and w-30 flashlights.

Interesting stuff, could be the next big thing ??

Hi Red,
That is so awesome the first vid it amazing how tech has evolved . So far I am in aww with led lighting for power consumption and longer life.
I changed all my vehicles lighting in my 2010 Hummer H3T pickup to led and what an amazing difference compared to incandescent film meant bulbs. 10X brighter and long life between 20.000 to 50,000 hours .
I also just purchased 15 led 60W bulbs candelabra base for my driveway lighting
Rich:)

Looking around I found some more LEP .........in time I expect the prices will come down.

Being an RF techie myself, my job and ham radio hobby for the last 40+ years, I had to go see what RF frequencies are used, found this:

LEP RF Drive:

The microwave energy is typically generated by a magnetron or solid state electronics and is guided into the cavity through one or more waveguides. Once in the air-filled cavity, microwave energy of select frequencies resonates, where the actual frequencies that resonate depend upon the shape and size of the cavity. Although there is tolerance in the frequencies that may be used to power the lamps, in practice, the power sources are limited to microwave frequencies in the range of 1-10 GHz.

These 8.5 inch like I posted above are 405nm laser pumped in the center surrounded by leds.

He shows you the leds then the laser pumped LEP in the center, it's intense and wow what throw.

Sigh.....LEP Units still remain overpriced !!! Competition will solve that !!!!!!!! Hurry Up !!!!!
I still want 1000L, Modulatable and focus adjust from Flood to 1.5 Degree !!!....Oh....and a $ 200 price tag !!
Comm'on ...Let's Roll !!! You watch...it will happen !!! For now....I remain..." Tied to the Mast......To withstand the Song of the Sirens to buy an LEP" !!!
See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siren_(mythology) !!! Early Adapters always pay dearly !!! CDBeam

Exactly, I am also waiting.

I have been thinking about knife edging BDR-209 diodes, maybe 5 x 5 and making a LEP searchlight but I wonder how the LEP will react to multiple beams, the 209's will have good coherence length compared to multi mode blues but I wonder how much difference it makes with a LEP..........I see some great throw, yes I know the reflector matters, but there's more I need to learn about how the laser pumped LEP works, the angle of incidence and is the LEP at an angle on it's backing ???? Many questions.

this may be off-topic or wrong BUT--when the oncoming traffic is 'blinded' by some headlights its not a good thing/
I hate the blue ones-- and so do many more seniors --IMHO they are worse than most 'regular' high beams.
SO-- if you get 'highbeamed' back that is why...

we are sending you/them a messg.--

pretty much the same deal with pick-up trucks that are higher due to bigger tires/wheels or a higher frame-- OR they have added another set of headlights-(on the bumper or front grill) great for off road etc but a very bad thing for oncoming trafffic- Seems the often don't do anything like getting the headlights properly 're-aimed' WTF??

Yea something like in the video is no doubt intended for off road use or only when driving alone on the road maybe between towns, likely not DOT approved for city/highway driving, maybe not approved for on road use at all........ that said I am impressed with the technology and posted the video I found for it's demonstration, I don't like peoples brights and HID lights in my face either but I am not against people having them for use when no one else is in front of them, these however could distract at quite some distance so likely off road use only.

Hmmmmm...Do some of you remember....when there used to be some civility in our USA society !!!! Sigh....and sigh again !!! Now...we are left with but a skeletal remnant of of those times. OK...Human nature....well...has always been Human nature....in 1820, 1920 or 2020 !!! OK....The Good, the Bad....and the Ugly have always existed....OK....but....I fear that the proportions are now skewed toward more UGLY.
Perhaps...my memory is faulty ??? or my expectations too high ??? Dunno ??? Whatever ???
I have noticed a subtle shift in peoples behavior since the Pandemic....softer.....yet more on edge....more friendly.....yet....less tolerant ?? As to Hi Beams in yer face....well....a certain degree of ignorance has always been present !!! and always will be !! I would guess....more light focused on the road....and NOT spread out....may be a good thing....if aligned properly !!! CDBeam