Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Lava Micro FlexDrive Driver (lavadrive2) fits pens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Lava Micro FlexDrive Driver (lavadrive2) fits

HumanSymphony said:
[quote author=jander6442 link=1209418066/960#961 date=1239187896][quote author=HumanSymphony link=1209418066/928#938 date=1238190667][quote author=dr-ebert link=1209418066/928#937 date=1238190352]Yes, that'd require about 3A input current. The "rule of thumb" in the manual essentially means the input current should be below 1.2A. So the example you cite is way outside the "operating parameters", thus not possible. I guess the full set of possible input/output V/A combinations has some more limiting conditions (you'd need a 4-dimensional graph to plot the full set).
Well, I don't understand all this lol. I'm going to be using 2x18650 batteries in parallel. This should be fine, yes?[/quote]
I believe the instructions provide the answer at 5.5 input maxx at that voltage for the 2x18650's will need to 1n4000
series diode to be used.This would work if batt longevity was the goal.I was reading off the specs sheet itself. Great driver by the
way.[/quote]
I suppose you don't know what running batteries in parallel means :p When you put 2 batteries in parallel, the voltage stays the same (3.7-4.2v) and the CAPACITY doubles. So instead of having 7.4v at 2500mAh in series, I have 3.7v at 5000mAh in parallel :D[/quote]
Yer right I dind't read the damn post good enough also was thinking of a carrage set up which would be parallel on polarity but double up in voltage.

Dr.Lava.

I'm going to buy 3 flexdrives, but i need 2 different current settings, is that possible to get, without paying double shipping? And would there be any problems using 3xAAA's, probably not since it takes up to 5.5V, but just to be sure :)

Is there LPF member dsicount since you can enter it on ordering page?

How can i pay with paypal? (my credit card is temporary gone)

EDIT: Nvm, ill send you a PM :)

Hi Drlava, I sent you two PMs about paying with Paypal why no response?
maybe i'm not sending it right? :-? Maybe I will try PMing you again later

Devin.

Lol said:
Huh, you don't trust google? :eek:

Heck no, they would sell my info the the highest bidder in a heartbeat They are great for searches, but privacy is not one of their concerns.

Hey dr lava, check your PM's! ;D

Kloan

Devin.P said:
Hi Drlava, I sent you two PMs about paying with Paypal why no response?
maybe i'm not sending it right?  :-? Maybe I will try PMing you again later

Devin.
i havent heard back from him either.. must be busy

I hope he comes back soon because I am building a BR laser for a night time mineral dig at sterling hill NJ on the 25th. I need the laser there because the minerals are fluorescent under shortwave UV (200nm-380nm) and longwave UV (380-410nm) so I could focus the laser to a wide beam and use it as an ultra powerful longwave UV flashlight. I would then be the first person to use BR laser technology at that place, :cool: But I need the driver soon!

Devin.

Krutz

Devin.P said:
I hope he comes back soon because I am building a BR laser for a night time mineral dig at sterling hill NJ on the 25th.   I need the laser there because the minerals are fluorescent under shortwave UV (200nm-380nm) and longwave UV (380-410nm) so I could focus the laser to a wide beam and use it as an ultra powerful longwave UV flashlight.   I would then be the first person to use BR laser technology at that place, :cool:   But I need the driver soon!

Devin.

405nm is so much fun with minerals! glad to hear others are doing that too! :)
i have a 100mw phr and a uv-led (and more). the laser has no chance in comparing with the led. sure, the dot (focussed) is hell of bright, but its just 100mw. if you widen it, you come down to the equivalent of a bunch of 5mm uv leds. i used the DX uv led, dont remember if i took it to one or three watts input. in a cr123 flashlight with original reflector (shortened a few mm, experiment) its a pretty beam. several magnitudes more of light, in the right beam too. the led is 8$ or something. you can drive it with whatever driver is in the flashlight or with a flexdrive.

but even more important than the uv-source is the uv-blocking glasses. test a few evenly colored yellow (night-driving-colorenhancement, or shootingglasses, or bicycle-glasses) which one blocks the uv best. simply shine your laser (or led) through it, a good one will block all violet, only leaving a bit whitish-yellow (laser) or blueish-greenie (led).

seriously, you see so much more with such a "filter"! minerals a few feet away from you simply dont response well enough to shine back throgh all that violet..

what minerals are you looking for? curious about it!

manuel

Hi Manuel, the minerals that fluoresce well under longwave is manganese enriched calcite (fluoresces red-orange), sphalerite (fluoresces pink) and many other small minerals that I'm not sure of the name. The minerals that fluoresce better under shortwave are willemite (fluoresce green), esperite (fluoresce light green), hardystoneite (fluoresce light blue), and a few others. But the minerals I'm looking for are much rarer and usualy fluoresce under shortwave witch is 200nm-380nm. I have a blacklight that is longwave and shortwave but the battery pack is kind of heavy and the light is bulky, but shortwave leds are $200 each for low powerd ones. Blu-ray diodes arent even considered real UV, they are a more violet visible light,. maybe someday they will invent deep UV diodes for super HD drives, then you could have a good shortwave UV flashlight.

Here are some pics, (willemite green) (red calcite)

Attachments

• IMG_9522.JPG
    IMG_9522.JPG
    695.4 KB · Views: 96

(red calcite) (blue hardystonite)

at night the entire place looks like these pictures, almost every single rock is red and green, it's like being on another planet

Devin.

Attachments

• IMG_1066.JPG
    IMG_1066.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 108

also I think I'm gonna buy that DX led, it seems to be the most powerful cheap LED available. when I go to sterling NJ next week maybe I'll start a thread on minerals and violet lasers.

Devin.

Krutz

wow, that sounds like a great hunting-spot! i`m envious! :)
ok, i didnt tell you much news then, you obviously are in that field for some more time than me.. ;-)
deep(er) uv leds, yes.. i only know about roithner`s ones, have three of the 3-die 360nm leds. nice stuff, but absolutely no power, optically. deep-uv lamp? 254nm? i thought about building one some time ago.. should be fun (when its done safe!).
you will be impressed by that DX led, at least i am. put it in a (large) reflector or use an aspheric to get a nice spot for scanning the ground. i got myself a cree uv, german shop, reasonably priced. perhaps its still an option for you, postage should be low, i can dig that shop out if you like. i didnt use that led yet, couldnt find any driver which puts out 3w from a lithium with linear output (step-up). to get back to the thread`s topic, the new v4 flexdrive could do it, 1 amp at 3.6v output with 3.7 down to 3 volts input, will try!
the flexdrive isnt simply the best portable laserdriver, its much better than just about any led-driver too, which are bigger, worse regulated and mostly laserdiode-unsafe too!
and for tiny: nothing as small as a flexdrive period!
i will repeat it over and over again how amazing the flexdrive is, in so many ways! :)

more on this topic (uv and minerals) in a different thread perhaps?

experiments with minerals and lasers
http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1221995743

/threadjack

manuel

Yea I'll make a thread just after the 25-26th, and sorry for the threadjack Drlava... if he ever gets back (GET BACK SOON!!! CHECK YOUR PMS!!! I NEED 2 DRIVERS BY THE 25!!! ;D ;D ;D)

drlava

really nice photos there! ok I replied to my PMs check em :)

YEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY YOUR BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.