Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Lava Micro FlexDrive Driver (lavadrive2) fits pens

Status
Not open for further replies.
So i got a question.

Message Lava but havent got any replies about Flexdrive sales or anything so i dont think i should email about this cause i doubt i will get a reply anytime soon, and i need one quick fast.

I have 2 Flexdrive V5 that im currently going to use for a 2W build and 1 of them is set to 900mA and has been glued with Thermal plqaster and the other i was soldering with my 15W battery soldering iron and was soldering a jumper across the 3 resistors and i guess it got alittle too hot because the resistors got stuck to the solder blob on my soldering iron.
So i can't pull the other heatsink off the other v5 driver and i doubt i would be able to see with all the thermal plaster on it, to find out what resistors they are too replace, its the last two from the right and not the 0ohm side. Looking for a picture with the markings has came back with no luck. So can anybody tell me the resistors thats in the middle and the one on its right side? like how many ohm and im pretty sure the size is a 0603 size. Any help would be appreciated. Cheers

P1060098.jpg

P1060096.jpg

....I think that's all the pics I have of them, sorry for your bad luck man.
More heat + Less time ;)

-Auto

Thanks Auto XX but that is a Micro Boost drive not a FlexDrive lol

Jib helped me out with the values anyways, thanks anyways

Lol, whups!
It's been a while since I was messing with lasers.
I just got a big lathe and a medium milling machine so I have been playing with that ;)

So he's not here anymore. It's just that I paid him to build something and I don't have anything yet so I was going to ask for a refund. I PM'd him a while back but no response. Maybe he's busy with other things...

I'll have to keep looking....

Kenom was also a part of that project. Anyone know if he's still here?

Thanks

Verse for the day:
Romans 6: So then, each of us will give an account of himself to God.

Lol, you picked 2 members that used to be top notch but went down hill almost overnight. Sorry for your loss.

With kenom you are more than likely sol
There might be hope with lava if somebody can mediate for you

Michael

which alternatives?

You seem familiar... Are you from Germany...:thinking:

You can read this Thread....

http://laserpointerforums.com/f67/free-diy-open-source-boost-driver-tested-working-71433.html

There are a few members that will be selling these built
Boost Drivers on the Forum..

BTW....

welcome.gif
to the Forum....
Don't forget to read the FAQs...the Stickies
and the Forum Rules..

If you plan on buying anything on the Forum....
PLEASE read this first...

6 Steps To Prevent You From Getting Scammed

and PLEASE don't forget to read to this....

39 Reasons NOT to Buy From Wicked Lasers

If you do get a Laser or already have one be sure
to get appropriate Laser Safety Goggles/Glasses...

Enjoy your stay...

Jerry

MadEye

Actually I don't see how all of you claim there are alternatives to this drive.

This driver can drop and boost as well as just give the same voltage as the battery. Also you can set the current on the driver. I saw one buck / boost drive which had fixed current. Im sure all drivers out there are really nice, but when I build a laser, I go for a specific power output and after setting the driver to a "theoretical current" I often make some small modifications to get just a tiny bit more then I aimed for...

Of course you also cant just buy a few of these drives for future project as long as you dont know what your future projects will be ;) (While not living in the US, its not that easy to buy just one driver if I need one... either shipping is more expensive then the driver itself or I have wait 1 month.)

And afaik there is no alternative to a buck / boost drive which can be set by hand...

Blord

Technically you are right. The Flexdrive is a buck/boost driver and there is no alternative for this driver. But when a laser is build you only need a buck OR a boost driver. Before a build I know the Vf of the diode and the battery configuration. So the driver is a buck or a boost and for that there are cheaper alternatives.

Status
Not open for further replies.