Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laserlands' laserking review laser -- disappointing experience

Drop shipping or not, it doesn't matter. It's either postal service or the seller that is responsible for the quality of the product the customer gets (with VERY rare exceptions).
As with every company, all we need is a number of orders to number of duds ratio to estimate the risk and make a decision, IMO.

Last edited:

Drop shipping or not...
Not. At least not this time or not with the product I bought (a 532nm 12mm module). Not only did it come in a non-typical package (...it came in a box, not the typical padded-manila envelopes one can expect from DX), but the Retailer included their business card in it... . Although they could ask the "factory" to include one with each of the retailer's orders, I highly doubt that's the case... .

It may really depend on the product ordered, though. It could be that our CN retailers maintain a small stock of the more popular & sub-$100 items (such as 532nm modules) in a closet at home, but if you order something larger and/or more expensive, they simply have the factory ship it to you directly.

I won't be asking for a replacement ... Complete refund for me please, covering the cost of shipping and return shipping...
So what's the final call on your transaction with Laserlands?

Last edited:
This was my fear on this product. The company showed great promise, but when it come to their higher end lasers, they failed.

I am happy that I waited for a review on this laser. I was going to buy one...but now I won't.

Great review. :)

So what's the final call on your transaction with Laserlands?

Still waiting for a refund. The postal service is kind of slow.

The tracking says:

Last Location: Beijing International Airport

Does this mean that it's almost there?

The tracking says:

Last Location: Beijing International Airport

Does this mean that it's almost there?
This is the last status you will get. In my case it arrived to its destination a week after that (but this was during the holidays).

Wow if you need something to power with them 18650 cells I have a couple nice laser kits you might be interested in ;) The 18650 is the best cell IMHO for powering lasers.

Got it today, finally.
Now I'm stuck with an 18650 charger and batteries that I bought from DX specifically to power this thing. Oh well, guess I'll just buy some compatible flashlight...

This is the last status you will get. In my case it arrived to its destination a week after that (but this was during the holidays).

Thanks. Sounds good :)
Wow if you need something to power with them 18650 cells I have a couple nice laser kits you might be interested in ;) The 18650 is the best cell IMHO for powering lasers.

I'll keep that in mind ;) But since New Year something bad happened to our mail service (it's got very slow and tracking is no longer reliable), so I'm reluctant to order anything right now.

...Not [ship-dropped]. At least not this time or not with the product I bought (a 532nm 12mm module). Not only did it come in a non-typical package (...it came in a box, not the typical padded-manila envelopes one can expect from DX), but the Retailer included their business card in it... . Although they could ask the "factory" to include one with each of the retailer's orders, I highly doubt that's the case...

FYI, I reviewed a host that's using the module I got from Merry (Laserlands). When I ordered the module from him, I clearly wrote that I was a member of LPF and that I would write a review and that I own a LPM... . He wrote back and asked me to let him know what exactly I was looking for. I thought it was an odd question, seeing as I ordered a 150mW (long, "classic") module. So fine, I told him that if the module didn't manage 150mW, but only 140mW I would be fine; what I was really concerned about was stable output and a clean, low-divergence beam. He recommened a DX-style module... :)thinking:)

So as you can see from my review, I got an avg module. Yes, it's stable. At 120mW, it doesn't exactly impress, but I could look the other way... had the divergence been impressive. Divergence measured 2.2mrad - again a very mediocre value.

So The odds that I order an other module from him is roughly 33% as I can get the same mediocre quality from any of his other two "local" rivals. Laserlands had the opportunity to pull ahead, but I guess it just wasn't that important... :-/

Actually, I may just head on over to the UK for my next order as they measure & plot their modules so you are guaranteed an output. Their prices are even competitive, now that I think about it...

Hi, Vitaly, Your returned Laser King 200mW Green Laser Torch arrived. I have sent you an email to confirmed your paypal account email. and refund will be sent to you ASAP!
Althouth we are not very happy to see this review. but in some aspect, I have to thank you very much for your interview to make our young and non-perfect business better!
Merry from Laserlands.com

Last edited:
Thanks, Merry. Got the refund. Hope to see improvements in your business practices soon.