Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laserlands' laserking review laser -- disappointing experience

blaser

I ordered a 200mW 3in1 green laser torch from laserlands.
I had a horrible experience with them, and now that my laser arrived, I am very sorry I trusted those positive reviews and all the hype.

HI, Vitaly
Don't worry.
if you are not satisfied with the laser, please return and refund will be send to you when the laser arrives in good working condition.
Best
Merry

Got it today, finally.

It came in this box:

cimg8028.jpg

Even though the box looks a bit jammed, it had a hefty piece of bubble wrap in it and both the goggles and the laser's box look just fine:

cimg8048.jpg

The laser itself though...

OK... what I liked first:

- it looks almost the same as in the picture on their website
- clicky switch has a nice feel to it
- multi-coated window lens (with a green tint)
- free goggles are a nice bonus (although, they are a bit flimsier than focalprice ones)

What I didn't like:

- there are anodizing defects on the focusing ring -- paint chips in two places, they are minor, but you'll spot them immediately by looking at the aperture:

cimg8055.jpg

- the 18650 battery doesn't fit in the battery compartment -- I barely managed to catch the edge of the body's thread with the tailcap!! :wtf:

cimg8029a.jpg

- threads produce grinding sound (rayfoss hosts' threads are silk smooth in comparison)

- focusing mechanism is decent, but version two dilda feels better in this regard (smoother and with better fixation)

OK, how does it work? Well, have a look:
DOWNLOAD VIDEO
ImageShack link: Yfrog - file22066

Video snapshot:

videosnapshotoq.jpg

In that video I rotated the focusing ring trying to get something that at least resembles a round dot. No luck. As you can see.

I didn't try to see the beam in the dark or burn anything (are you kidding?!). I'd seen enough already.

BOTTOM LINE:

Needless to say, after a little over a month of waiting, I'm VERY disappointed :yabbmad: This is a nice 200mW review laser? :crackup:

And I won't be asking for a replacement. Even if the next one works, I didn't like the build quality of these series and don't want to wait another 5 weeks for a replacement. Complete refund for me please, covering the cost of shipping and return shipping.

Now I'm stuck with an 18650 charger and batteries that I bought from DX specifically to power this thing. Oh well, guess I'll just buy some compatible flashlight...

HI, Vitaly
Don't worry.
if you are not satisfied with the laser, please return and refund will be send to you when the laser arrives in good working condition.
Best
Merry

"In good working condition"? It will arrive in the condition you see on the video above.

DOn't blame laserlands, they're products are all drop shipped,They don't have any direct control over the quality of stuff that their dropshipper is sending out.
Yeah, but we all LOVE sellers that DO have a direct control over the quality of stuff they send out to their customers. Otherwise, we'd be shopping at DX or KD for "quality" lasers.
Laserlands should really reconsider this part of their business if they care about customer satisfaction.

Last edited:
I also think that nothing can rescue your crap laser...
I´m sorry for you :(

Oh, please don't. I definitely learned from this experience. Just hope, I'm not the only one, if you know what I mean ;) One laser company comes to mind :whistle:

please return and refund will be send to you when the laser arrives in good working condition.
Best
Merry

yes sure, so that you can send it to the next unsuspecting customer in hope he/she doesn't return it. pathetic.

next time buy from a reputable dealer, laserlands definitely is not one of those.

I ordered their 50mW br star pointer and a 10mW greenie from them a while ago. My very cheap 5mW ebay-br is MUCH brighter than the 50mW (LPM is coming this month), and instead of the 10mW greenie, I got a 5mW according to the sticker on it.

that has a name, it's called fraud.

Last edited:
yes sure, so that you can send it to the next unsuspecting customer in hope he/she doesn't return it. pathetic.
:twak:

Or maybe the seller needs to get his/her money back from their wholesalers... !!! As several here have already hinted at, Laserlands (O-Like, RayFoss, Qualifound, etcetera) do not make the products they sell, nor do they (most likely) even see said products. I can imagine that they get product samples* from the wholesalers in order to determine if a product is worth selling, but I highly doubt that they see, much less inspect each unit sold.

*And what we can believe is that the wholesaler is inspecting each and every sample, hence the term "golden sample", in order to impress prospective retail sellers...

Last but certainly not least, I also agree these sellers' rebuttals to such (bad) reviews tend to be less than optimal if & when they reply at all, but let's face it, foreign languages (read: English) is not necessarily one of their strengths. In the end, we are getting what we paid for... :-/

I just wish someone could offer us something half-way; a little better quality at slightly higher price. Even if we have to shell out say, 15% more, we will still be way ahead of "Western" pricing. My first "<50mw" green laserpointer, purchased from a Western distributor, is a low-divergence, perfect TEM00, 70mW stable(!) pointer... . I also paid €145 ($180) for it... :sigh: My best module so far from our Chinese friends is 130mW stable, so-so divergence but none the less clean TEM00 and cost me... $105. However, that's after I returned the first module which didn't pass mustard...

So what I'm trying to say, *cough*Merry*cough*Susie*cough*Faona*, is that many of us would be willing to pay $120 for that $105 150mW module if you personally verify it's quality on our behalf... :beer:

Here are pics taken w/without 532nm goggles of my 1.2mrad, 70mW pointer and 2.0mrad 130mW module, both very much TEM00 & clean :)

3593232147_2b8b9ae0ce.jpg
3594041864_03fc4bd35a.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not 100% sure that Susie (O-Like) is a Drop Shipper...:thinking:
She purchased a Deluxe Laserbee I last year from us...
I can't see her needing a Laser Power Meter if she didn't need
to test the power output of Lasers... or if she didn't have Lasers
in her hands to test...

I can't speak for the others...

BTW... if they drop ship or not... they are still responsible for the
product that you sent them money for...

The Drop Ship problem is easily solved by paying a premium for
guaranteed in-house production from other companies...
But then the "it's too expensive" whining will inevitably start...

(left hand.....:undecided: right hand....:undecided: left hand.....:undecided: right hand....:undecided:)

Jerry

Last edited:
I'm not 100% sure that Susie (O-Like) is a Drop Shipper... She purchased a Deluxe Laserbee I last year...
Well that's news indeed... even good news, at that! So would you say (you being more active on LPF), that it's paid off / i.e., more LPF members are confirming good power output results from their modules & lasers? If so, well then, now all she has to do is check for divergence... :-/

[My] bottom line is I'd still like to see better QA and I am willing to pay a little more for that "privilege" ;)

EDIT: Jerry, I propose a third possibility: Wholesaler drop-ships to end-customer, customer has problem, ships to retailer, retailer uses their trusty Laserbee I to verify customer's claims and then returns product to whoesaler for replacement. I suggest this third scenario as I have received a product purchased at O-Like, sent from address A, returned to address B and received replacement from address B...

Last edited: