Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laserbtb Handheld 100mW 532nm IR filtered laser

I seen your video, seems that it starts at TEM01 (a circle split into two) and goes to TEM00 (a perfect round circle), what is desirable. Since your camera gets too saturated, it can be in a shape that your camera can't show. Can you confirm if the dot stays at TEM00?

Last edited:

oh dang sorry alessnilsen i guess i didn't see that. no it does not stay in TEM00, in fact its never gotten to TEM00, it stays in some weird configuration similar to TEM22 but without the corners, or to TEM20 but it fluctuates between modes i don't think have names (if you could imagine what TEM(π)(1 & ¾) would look like) it is really messed up. it also never stays in the same mode for long, it always goes crazy after a few seconds if it does. sorry for kinda necroposting here, but i'm going to talk with them again and i see if i can get a discount on my next purchase or send it back. its starting to bother me again.

I never seen such crazy laser before. You got a defective laser. :cryyy:

Contact laserbtb and explain your situation, they are known for good consumer service, maybe they can do something to help you. :yh:

Good luck! :beer:

Pman

Looks way too unstable to me for that kind of money. I would definitely ask for a refund or trade or something. I've got a large # of 100mW+ that cost $5 and it's a rare thing to get one so bad as yours.

Looks way too unstable to me for that kind of money. I would definitely ask for a refund or trade or something. I've got a large # of 100mW+ that cost $5 and it's a rare thing to get one so bad as yours.

Never seen a 532 DPSS that bad

I have seen worse, I have a couple of eight dollar China "8000 meter" laser pointers which jump back and forth between TEM00 and TEM01 very consistently, I find them entertaining toys, but only for less than ten bucks each. If I spent a lot I'd want a stable 532nm laser.

Only one green I had required a warmup period, no really scary mode hoping modes. If you get some new information from laserbtb keep us updated.

Last edited:
Im suprised u didnt send it back for either a refund or replacement, clearly a faulty laser as proven, not like 532 need that much warmup, well maybe in the winter if u want use it outside then sure but in normal room temp ? hardly.. all kevins fault :(

Im suprised u didnt send it back for either a refund or replacement, clearly a faulty laser as proven, not like 532 need that much warmup, well maybe in the winter if u want use it outside then sure but in normal room temp ? hardly.. all kevins fault :(

Yeah, I'm gonna send it back soon, but I think this was shipping, not laserbtb. Either way, I'm not getting a DPSS I'm getting one of those diode greens next XD

UPDATE:

so i asked them about sending it back, and sent that video in by email (the one on youtube, which was a pain in the ass) and this is what they said in reply:

I read you video,

this is a laser pointer, not stable laser modules ,
it was temperature related,

also the laser power is sawtooth waveform.

now i don't know what "the laser power is sawtooth waveform" is supposed to mean, so can someone help with that? and i have no idea what he meant by "this is a laser pointer, not stable laser modules"

and then, they said it: "it was temperature related"...

now i am outright pissed. i said, specifically, in the email with the video attachment, that i had tested it warm and cold and that it is not a temperature related problem. im getting angry, and scared, that i might not get compensation for a defective 100$ laser. does anyone know how to help or what the hell to do?

hm to me its a defective laser, and since it cost over 100$ its too much money to accept that, i dont know why they just say ship it back, i would say im forced do a paypal claim if they dont want, clearly it should go under warranty thats not normal for a 532 to behave like that.

they are right about "not stable laser modules" but that is a little extreme unstable why would anyone want buy those lasers for that kind of money if that unstable ? they should remove the 532 if they cant make them as stable, or maybe the crystals that they have now are of bad quality... people have bought those before and they didnt complain...

Last edited:
ANOTHER UPDATE:

so after some convincing, they agreed to let me send it back, with no guarantee they would refund, replace, or anything. i really hope they see just how poorly it performs for a 100$ laser. im kinda scared about sending it back, what if they don't replace it or anything? hopefully their good reputation will shine through here and ill get a full refund... anyone elses' thoughts on this?

I think they will compensate u back once they have the laser in their lab and have run their tests im sure they will determine its a faulty laser. if not i will stop support them anymore.

...now i don't know what "the laser power is sawtooth waveform"...

Sounds to me like it's a variation of quasi-CW operation rather than being true CW.
If you have a solar cell and an oscilloscope, you ought to be able to determine if its true CW or quasi-CW very easily.

Some lasers have power modes, for ex. 100% 40% and 10%, controlled by PWM, maybe it's your case.

Good luck with laserbtb, but I think they will re compensate you.