Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser_Ben is a rip off! Don't buy from him!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my post I'm sticking up for Drew his site rocks he always honored his coupon codes... Also quite frankly his PHR I have order over 20 now have all come back brand new not refurbished like some others here...

He did one time send me a PHR instead of my favorite diode for reds LPC...:)
there the same money though so who cares....

NEXT

I'll tell you what pyro, why don't you send the laser back to me, I will test it with the spectrometer and take pictures of everything for you. If it turns out to not be 611nm, I will refund your money, the entire $160 of it and give you a publicly apologize to you. If it turns out to be 611nm, I will ship it back to you and you can apologize to me.

Does that sound fair? No one else here on the forum has a spectrometer and can test it the way I can. Plus, if you were to ship it to someone else, it would kill any chance of a paypal dispute.

Ben has my $55 and I have a AA battery. I don't want to do business with him anymore, I don't trust him. I have asked him several times for a refund and we'll end this but he has refused. I have no choice but to file a paypal dispute.

Reading between the lines, I think Sportcoupe isn't interested in the laser. He keeps harping about a refund. I think what happened is bought the module and now realizes he needs the money (impulse buy/buyer's remorse, unexpected bills/expenses) so this little mix-up was just perfect for his needs. Then again it could be that Sporty lives on the eastern seaboard, most likely up in the New England area (and the reason I think this is because he has a short temper and sounds like he assumes everyone is out to screw him right off the bat). Given that he didn't even allow ONE FREAKING HOUR for Ben to respond and try to fix things it certainly sounds like he was out to get his money back ASAP.

A rational, normal adult human would have e-mailed Ben, stated the case of the mix-up that instead of the laser a battery arrived and that a correction or refund would be acceptable. A rational adult would then have stated that they would give Ben 5 days to respond and correct the issue or then a dispute would be filed.

Personally at this point my thoughts are Ben should cut Sporty a refund and be done with this immature person. He is more of a headache than he is worth. I would then suggest to all the other people here who run websites to sell laser parts, BAN SPORTY FROM MAKING ANY PURCHASES FROM YOUR STORES. If he treats Ben like this over a mix up just imagine how he would treat YOU if by some fluke you sell him a laser product and either there is a problem with it or he finds a perceived problem with it. Finally, C0ld should look at an IP/MAC address ban along with a username ban for sporty. Let him buy from WickedLasers folks...let THEM deal with sporty.

My 10 cents because my 2 cents are free.

LASER_BEN, When you get stuck dealing with people (& in this case the word "PEOPLE" is used VERY LOOSELY) like this guy, no matter what you have to say, it won't make any difference, & he won't even hear it until HE hears the 'POP'.............rob

That will be the sound of him pulling his head out of his a**. You see, when his head is so far up there, that his "ADAM'S APPLE" is really his NOSE, that means his ears are covered also & he can't hear a word your saying....................rob

I have offered solutions to both FP and sportcoupe. It is up to them to deal with the ussue if they want anything to come from it. I have given you a way to deal with the problem and it is now your responsibility to deal with what I have offered, if you do nothing, it is your problem and your loss.

Morgan

I have no beef with anyone but...

...Only 5 pages?!!!

You lot are not trying!

;)

M

Everyone's allowed to make a mistake but as the saying goes, the customer always comes first and in this case, I would have refunded him the $55 a long time ago (even if it was just to get rid of him asap...).

IMHO, this thread's becoming more costly to your rep* than those $55...

*Be it fair or not fair, correct or not correct - I'm making no judgment for either side.

p.s. Just one question for both parties: why haven't you, SC, posted a pic of this zinc / carbon / rechargeable / primary battery by now??? And why on earth do you, L_B want the battery back??? You accidentally sent a customer a $1.90 battery and you want him to take the time & effort to send it back to you...?

I think he means the two or three people upset at you are trolls but are not trying hard enough to troll, hence the thread is only 5 pages long, not 15 or so.

EDIT: I have a thought...why is this in the BUY/SELL section and not the Company Reviews section? Sporty threw this into the wrong section...good as time as any to remove the thread or just transport it to it's correct section.

Last edited:

Morgan

Sorry Laser_Ben. Just an attempt to inject a bit of humour. I've seen a few similar threads lately and the page count just seems to run and run.

It seems to be becoming the norm to post negatively recently. It's a general malaise and I'm not sure it's healthy for buyers to give such a public flaying of sellers. Surely, it can only reduce their buying power? As for Sellers, I thought Peter was the best. ;)

M

The reason I sent the battery in the first place is because it was sent to me when I repaired something. When I sent it back I forgot to send the battery. It does not belong to me, it belongs to the person who owned the laser pointer and I owe it back to him because that is the right thing to do. It may be worthless, but that is not my decision to make. The reason I want it back is also because that is the right thing for the buyer to do anyways. If they buy something and get the wrong item, they return the package and not determine for themselves if the package is worth enough for them to do so.

Everyone's allowed to make a mistake but as the saying goes, the customer always comes first and in this case, I would have refunded him the $55 a long time ago (even if it was just to get rid of him asap...).

IMHO, this thread's becoming more costly to your rep* than those $55...

*Be it fair or not fair, correct or not correct - I'm making no judgment for either side.

p.s. Just one question for both parties: why haven't you, SC, posted a pic of this zinc / carbon / rechargeable / primary battery by now??? And why on earth do you, L_B want the battery back??? You sent a customer a $1.90 battery and you want him to take the time & effort to send it back to you...?

D

Deleted member 8382

Sportcoupe, why don't you make a photo of the battery you recived? you say it's not rechargeable and useless, he says it's a rechargeable.

Proof it's not and we will belive you!

...I owe it back to him because that is the right thing to do. It may be worthless, but that is not my decision to make.

Look... Igor sent me a set of rechargeable 3.7V CR2s for my Dilda & these rechargeables are something I can't even find on DX. Having said that, I'd really hate to loose one and I would have asked you to please send it back to me (along with my Dilda).

This, I can understand. On the other hand, if it's a primary, or a more "standard" rechargeable, I'd inform the original owner about the mixup and ask him/her if they could live without it or I would buy/give them one of my own...

There's a time for "principles" but this may not be one of them... ;)

I honestly don't know what kind of battery it is, I think it was a rechargeable as the other one in the box was rechargeable.

Look... Igor sent me a set of rechargeable 3.7V CR2s for my Dilda & these rechargeables are something I can't even find on DX. Having said that, I'd really hate to loose one and I would have asked you to please send it back to me (along with my Dilda).

This, I can understand. On the other hand, if it's a primary, or a more "standard" rechargeable, I'd inform the original owner about the mixup and ask him/her if they could live without it or I would buy/give them one of my own...

There's a time for "principles" but this may not be one of them... ;)

I have offered solutions to both FP and sportcoupe. It is up to them to deal with the ussue if they want anything to come from it. I have given you a way to deal with the problem and it is now your responsibility to deal with what I have offered, if you do nothing, it is your problem and your loss.

Why don't you just give them their money back ?

it would have saved you alot of sleepless nights . . .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.