Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

laser supplies in Seoul, South Korea

This post is meant to serve as a guide to pick up supplies in the great Seoul area. This information is subject to sudden change.
I'll do my best to keep this mini-thread up to date as possible.

This week is a company Holiday for LG Display as well as Monday being Children's day and Tuesday being Buddha's birthday here in the ROK. (Republic of Korea)
Naturally since I've got a new build on the way and some free time I went shopping for some supplies locally.

My first stop brought me to the PC market diagonally across from Yongsan Stn.
This is geeks paradise and it's filled with just about all matter of things computer oriented. Just a few weeks ago a 3D printing shop opened here as well.
I happened to stop by Evercool to check our their heatsinks, and sure enough I was able to find some Arctic Sliver 5 thermal paste along with a few other varieties that were not quite as well known.
This store carries Arctic MX 3 and MX4, and ShinEtsu MassCool G751 ..etc

I am familiar with Arctic silver 5 so I purchased some instead.

Looking around this shop I also noticed that they were also selling mico-copper
ramchip coolers which have a 3M Thermal interface tape stuck to the back.

These should work well very well to cool the current regulators on many of our drivers. I got a bunch of those too.
If anyone wants one or two of these let me know.

Attachments

• IMG_2109.jpg
    IMG_2109.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_2106.JPG
    IMG_2106.JPG
    212.8 KB · Views: 106

Cool...wish i had something like that around here! All I got is amish people, fields, more fields...Oh yea, and fields! Oh by the way, did i mention there are a lot of fields around here?

I know that store in your second picture, I bought some cheap thermal paste there. :)

I'll be back up and building after I finish my exams.

I know that store in your second picture, I bought some cheap thermal paste there. :)

I'll be back up and building after I finish my exams.

Oh, and I also found a source for pro level battery chargers like the iCharger at the iPark mall. There are 2 stores now selling a variety of them.

The ones at the mall are all brand with their original certification/warranties.

I got one (to test out) on Thursday from the Buythegun (detonator) store at the electronics land and promptly returned it as it was a fake iMax charger. :mad:
The owner is going to return it to the supplier. He immediately gave my money back, and apologized profusely!!

Last edited:
Wow, I wondering how much markup they charge for the iChargers.

I recommend that you skip the most basic of hobby chargers (Accucel-6, iMax B6) and move straight to an entry level iCharger, like the 106B+. Well worth the extra money for precision, output, heat dissipation, and PC connectivity. :)

Wow, I wondering how much markup they charge for the iChargers.

I recommend that you skip the most basic of hobby chargers (Accucel-6, iMax B6) and move straight to an entry level iCharger, like the 106B+. Well worth the extra money for precision, output, heat dissipation, and PC connectivity. :)

Yes, actually was at back at the store today, at tamiya
and they had a bunch of iMax b606ac pro for about 85,000w.
This charger also plots charge and discharge via rs232 via the temp port.
It is only an 80W charger as apposed to 250W for the icharger 106b

Last edited:
you being in the ROk do you access to cheap tablets and what would be the cost first off.. second you mentioned heat sinks can these be adapted to laser and what would be the cost and shipping included.. I was apart of a Army National guard unit her in the USA who's sister unit was just out side of of the capitol.. I have always wanted to visit the ROK

sinner

Impulse buying electronic parts, now that sounds like a lot of fun. :D

you being in the ROk do you access to cheap tablets and what would be the cost first off.. second you mentioned heat sinks can these be adapted to laser and what would be the cost and shipping included.. I was apart of a Army National guard unit her in the USA who's sister unit was just out side of of the capitol.. I have always wanted to visit the ROK

Lol, no... Rather frustrating shopping locally..
Tablets are at least double what they are in the US.
Even korean made ones are x2 the price, same goes for TVs.

The heat sinks are definitely adaptable
as a driver ic cooler. I got lots of spares.
You may need to cut one down to size it.
How many you want?

Lol, no... Rather frustrating shopping locally..
Tablets are at least double what they are in the US.
Even korean made ones are x2 the price, same goes for TVs.

The heat sinks are definitely adaptable
as a driver ic cooler. I got lots of spares.
You may need to cut one down to size it.
How many you want?

what ever you feel like sending.. Im not greedy I am in the usa so I dont know what it would cost you to send it here? any way pm me for my address if you still want to send me what ever. Thanks

@vortish

I got some of those pc coolers at Amazon
The ones I got look like the ones seoul_lasers posted, shipping would be cheaper...

seoul check out the drop ship sites may be cheaper for you to get a tablet Idk I know I am looking for thermopiles and even the cheap ones are out of my pr