Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser show flashlight

I'm more worried about all the little boys that will have high powered lasers.

Those modules are all 5mW...

But with the bad instructions, I wouldn't be that afraid because no one will be able to build his lasers.

I'm a noob and I can barley solder. I have ruined 1 diode and even two drivers. From too hot of a solder gun, and playing with the pots too many times.
I can personally say. That even I, could have done a better job. Then what he just crapped forth. In both design and presentation. Kinda makes me feel good:)

I'm a noob and I can barley solder. I have ruined 1 diode and even two drivers. From too hot of a solder gun, and playing with the pots too many times.
I can personally say. That even I, could have done a better job. Then what he just crapped forth. In both design and presentation. Kinda makes me feel good:)

Umm.. he's actually pretty good at soldering if you're talking about kipkay..Maybe he doesn't do everything the most 100% way, but he gets at least 50% of it right

You can't make a laser at 50%.

You need everything: the laser diode, the driver, the module, the lense, the heatsink and the power source.

Remove one of those and it's crap. Now remove half of those and all your left with is a pile of various parts.

If you are showing to people how to build something, you need to reach the 100%. Then if some people that are following the tutorial want to do only half of it, then ok for them. But they can't complain for you not showing everything.

I'm surprised that WL actually wants to sell a cheap flashlight with lego blocks inside.

They just sell the parts. Given the price of their other stuff, it's not half bad. Three lasers with drivers alone might even be worth that. Legos are not included though :eek: :thinking:

Things

Are you sure? I see green laser guts right here:

crys.PNG

:D :D :D

Things, I don't think WL's going to be sending out laser pointer modules. Maybe some weak ones, but I doubt pulls from pens like KipKay is using.

i CAN'T believe WL is actually selling something sooo ridiculous on their site, especially after coming so far with their latest line up