Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser Shotgun -Our very own Styropyro posted video that made it to Reddits front page

re: Laser Shotgun -Our very own Styropyro posted video that made it to Reddits front page

Great build and great laser!!

re: Laser Shotgun -Our very own Styropyro posted video that made it to Reddits front page

That's a big ass laser. Sweet jeebus.

Pretty dang cool, but those reflections off that magnifying glass scare me. Both for bystanders and the diodes.

Because he can!

Pman

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh not sure what to say.... I think those glasses should be a brick, a wrap-around brick. Do you hear sirens? Crazy
Thinkin (3) 1.5W 520 would be brighter maybe. Would have to look at that converter again
This actually makes sense in this case: :lasergun:

Last edited:

Pretty dang cool, but those reflections off that magnifying glass scare me. Both for bystanders and the diodes.

I guess he should ask someone for some anti reflective coating for his magnifying glass. :D

But damn that beam looks awesome!

Last edited:

APEX1

NOW THATS A FREEDOM LASER........ MURICA lol awesome video bud

Encap

Very impressive focused output and even when unfocused.

Expensive experiment---$720 for just the 8 diode, diode bank

Styropyro must have all the ladies! Always coming up with the most interesting things and making quality videos to boot. :beer:

Crazy it got so many views! It should show up on some TV news shows soon...

And btw... the coolest part about the laser isn't the burning... it's the unfathomably bright beam it shoots across the yard at night!

wheres that beam shot eh? your killin u here!!

gozert

You've gained quite a few subs Styropyro! You can probably make quite a few bucks if you upload a video every 2-4 weeks. I don't have Youtube experience myself but I know it pays good when you have a video that went viral like this. +rep asap!

Last edited:

Very cool, last night I posted a link to the same thing in the another section, didn't see this thread or any other about it anywhere else in the forum until now.

GREAT news, GREAT story, GREAT laser...That's innovative work...when somebody excels at doing something like this, then it's great to SHOUT about it in my view...you can't have too much of a good thing! :wave: