Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser powered razor

gozert

SyKo

Same thoughts here, just thinking hmm, even if this magically does do all the things they say... its strong enough to burn hairs and its handheld.... maybe fine for laser enthusiasts but for wide use in the average home?

Seems like just another flawed kickstarter just like batterizer and solar roadways... people painting a picture of a magical idea that the average consumer will throw money at so they can get rich and retire early.

GSS

Same thoughts here, just thinking hmm, even if this magically does do all the things they say... its strong enough to burn hairs and its handheld.... maybe fine for laser enthusiasts but for wide use in the average home?

Seems like just another flawed kickstarter just like batterizer and solar roadways... people painting a picture of a magical idea that the average consumer will throw money at so they can get rich and retire early.
I just pledged $449 when im rich come March 2016 free lasers for everyone here!!:whistle:

HAH, look at that optics bench at 0:41. Poorly staged. "What's this experiment, sir? Well, we're going to bounce the beam twice". They're wearing hair nets to help keep the optics clean, but they're spraying the optics with propylene glycol from the fog.

Why do all of the presenters on a shaving presentation have a beard?

Why does he burn his arm hair?

"we identified molecules in the hair that absorb a particular wavelength. These are called chromophores"

No, a cromophore is a PART of any molecule that is responsible for the molecule's color. It is not a molecule itself, nor is it a specific molecule.

They've probably got red as a marketing color.

I like how the "many prototypes were built" section just shows different handle shapes.

I don't think there's a wavelength in existence that is absorbed by ALL hair of all ages/races/genders, and yet absorbed by NONE of the skin of all ages/races/genders. Even conventional laser hair removal is very hard on the skin, and does not work on all ages/races.

Even if such a wavelength existed, how are they going to prevent contamination of the output window? Everyone knows laser optics need to be clean to function properly and/or not melt themselves. How is rubbing optics on oily skin and burnt hair not going to ruin them? Even if it doesn't ruin the optics, it will cause them to heat up and burn the user.

Of course, there's the energy issue. One AAA? We could be generous and say a AAA can output 5W of energy. No lasers run at 1.2V, so you need a boost converter. There goes 0.5-1W. The conversion efficiency of even the best IR laser diodes isn't much above 50%. 2W of laser light in a line that wide isn't going to burn anything.

Nope. I call bullshit.

Last edited:
Wow thats a bada$$ item i wish them luck producing it. Can you imagine that??

Rich:)

gozert

Even if such a wavelength existed, how are they going to prevent contamination of the output window? Everyone knows laser optics need to be clean to function properly and/or not melt themselves. How is rubbing optics on oily skin and burnt hair not going to ruin them? Even if it doesn't ruin the optics, it will cause them to heat up and burn the user.

Don't forget, you can use it in the shower too! Haha so many people are getting scammed with this crap.

Sta

They just want your money. This is very clearly a scam that will go nowhere.

I saw this and got my hopes up, but I was also a bit confused how you would avoid burning your skin

I must say this is an interesting concept but I really don't think it is going to work at all.

Gabe

HAH, look at that optics bench at 0:41. Poorly staged. "What's this experiment, sir? Well, we're going to bounce the beam twice". They're wearing hair nets to help keep the optics clean, but they're spraying the optics with propylene glycol from the fog.

Ahahhaha that cracked me up when I saw that too.
I love when commercials do things like that, when they show a panning shot of people in white lab coats mixing coloured liquids in beakers or holding a test tube up to their face and smiling. Because science.

Last edited:
FAQ from the site

Does it produce a smell?

No. Because we're not actually burning the hair, it doesn't produce a burnt hair smell.

Why do you all have beards?

We look more manly that way.....right?

So you can get $500,000+ with lying, B role footage, and pretty much saying "hey we won't be using this product". I genuinely get sad seeing the crap on kickstarter and the money that gets thrown at it.

Looks like it won't work worth a damn, if it does work at all, it won't be a close shave, if it were, you would burn yourself.