Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser pointers in urban warfare

kBa4nR4.gif

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Looks like an epic lightsaber duel. All Jedi though.

Last edited:

LSRFAQ

The bird stayed level and on course. That should tell you something. No, it does not tell you that the pointers were ineffective.

Steve

All those nice, tight, infinity focused pointers...and that one guy with the fat, multimode beam 445 in the crowd...

I guess next week we're going to get a bunch of new members from Egypt who are wondering about duty cycles and mashed side-clickies.

:crackup:

DrSid

I just wonder .. is there really that much laser pointers between Egypt folks .. or were someone selling them on the spot ? Even 445nm ?

Last edited:
Wow i sure do pity the crew in there! Haha I know this is kinda wrong but I guess it would be fun if I was one of those protesters:barf:

djQUAN

Imagine the chaos when all those lasers lit up and then the chopper fires a missile into the middle of the crowd full of pointers.

I just wonder .. is there really that much laser pointers between Egypt folks .. or were someone selling them on the spot ? Even 445nm ?

lol well if you could ignore the fact that you would be supporting an illegal activity, immagine if you went there with a 100 pack of cheap $5 fast tech lasers and sold them for 20-30 a piece , you could make so much money lol
id say thats exactly what happened there...

Theres a new spin on the story and the people allegedly werent using the pointers to protest or attack the helis: BBC News - Egypt crisis: Why are Cairo protesters using laser pens?

Some first suggested that this was meant to distract the pilots by dazzling them. In the US, it is a crime to point a laser beam at a plane, as it is considered a potential danger to crew and passengers.

But, in Cairo, there is a much more positive interpretation of the craze.

The crowd erupted into cheers when the helicopters flew overhead, suggesting that the light show was a form of celebration, given the military's role in overthrowing the president.

The pointers were also being sold on site. :beer:

Last edited: