Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser pest control?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asherz

I didn't realize Geckos were as cute as this lol, if I had the time and patience I would love to get one as a pet.

I wouldn't want the responsibility of one at the moment though, maybe when things are more settled I might look into getting a small gecko as a pet :) They looks so cute, can anyone recommend a nice gecko to start with? How long do they normally live for in a good environment?

Leopard geckos are very popular and affordable.

I will send you a care sheet explaining housing and diet requirements.

KiLLrB

lol I think the title of this thread needs to be changed. EPIC Thread Jack (but a good one ;))

Last edited:
Yes there are billions and billions of tiny fibers in the pads of there feet but it's not realy the fibers that stick, the Gecko uses electricty to adhear to surfaces.
thoese fibers are so fine at there ends that they terminate at the molecular level only a molicule wide as such the electrons on the fibers on there feet can interact with electrons of the surface they are walking on, so they are realy using the electron bond to stick to things, kind weird for a living creature hehe...

As far as I know regarding the stickiness of the geckos they have on each thumb billions and billions of micro-fibers. They are so thin that they can get into the material's irregularities. I posted 2 pictures of microscopic design of both the fibers of the gecko as well as the surface of a random material. Any surface like glass thou it looks smooth at macro level, on micro level it's very rough.

lol I think the title of this thread needs to be changed. EPIC Thread Jack (but a good one ;))

Meet Jack.:wave:

gecko1.jpg

baby-leopard-gecko_sean-odell.jpg

Last edited:

HIMNL9

About geckos ..... time by time i find one of them walking around on ceiling or walls, at shop ..... today, i just found one different from the usuals under my keyboard, cleaning the desk .....

Opposite than the usual ones that we have around here, that runs like hell when they feel you approaching, this one was looking half asleepd (maybe is still too cold for them), so i caught it just placing a plastic box on it, it not tried to move (but it breath and when i touch it with a fingertip it moves a bit, so it's still alive :p)

I will free it in the park in front of my shop, going home now for lunch, but wanted to take a pair of pics, cause it's different from our common ones, and i don't know from where this one come ..... the ones that we have here, usually are grey or light grey, with "flat skin" looking and long thin fingers with a long "claw" at the end ..... this one instead looks as one of the "sticky fingers" ones, with "spiked skin" looking, padded fingers and more brown/green color ..... also the eye looks different, the eyes of our ones looks as little black balls, where this one have eyes that looks more similar to snakes .....

LOL, i was tempted to keep it, but i don't have time for care pets, so i prefer to left it free ..... i don't feel to keep any pet, having no time for care them ..... also just a gecko :p

Attachments

• ge01.jpg
    ge01.jpg
    225.7 KB · Views: 142
  • ge02.jpg
    ge02.jpg
    244.7 KB · Views: 134
  • ge03.jpg
    ge03.jpg
    248 KB · Views: 132

Arayan

The specimen on the pictures looks like a "Tarentula mauritanica" which are usually grey-like colored while this seems to have a bright green livery...

Noctis

I merely want to point out that I stopped reading this thread 2 pages ago, so I'm a little confused as to why people are still dissing me and my little gecko infestation. Not that I wouldn't say no to a little "burn this crap to keep the geckos out of your house" idea, but since no one made such a suggestion. all I can do is either kill them, or chase them around the house and toss them out the door(that gets old real fast, and it sucks when they're on the ceiling).

However, as my laser would only barely spook the roaches into running away from the beam without any obvious signs of physical harm, rest assured that I won't waste my time trying it on geckos.

I merely want to point out that I stopped reading this thread 2 pages ago, so I'm a little confused as to why people are still dissing me and my little gecko infestation. Not that I wouldn't say no to a little "burn this crap to keep the geckos out of your house" idea, but since no one made such a suggestion. all I can do is either kill them, or chase them around the house and toss them out the door(that gets old real fast, and it sucks when they're on the ceiling).

However, as my laser would only barely spook the roaches into running away from the beam without any obvious signs of physical harm, rest assured that I won't waste my time trying it on geckos.
YOU be rest assured that NOBODY here is sharing your opinion of pointing a laser anywhere NEAR a living being.

As far as I can tell, all that is stopping you from harming geckos with laser is couple hundred miliwatts.
You are saying that you are not wasting time pointing it because your laser is too weak.

If I am right, which I fear so, you would seriously try to harm them IF you owned any higher power laser.
This must be against the rulebook somewhere....

Noctis

YOU be rest assured that NOBODY here is sharing your opinion of pointing a laser anywhere NEAR a living being.

As far as I can tell, all that is stopping you from harming geckos with laser is couple hundred miliwatts.
You are saying that you are not wasting time pointing it because your laser is too weak.

If I am right, which I fear so, you would seriously try to harm them IF you owned any higher power laser.
This must be against the rulebook somewhere....
I'm not going out of my way to try and kill them, or else I'd be sitting outside of my yard with my bug zapper. I just don't want them in my house.

I'm not going out of my way to try and kill them, or else I'd be sitting outside of my yard with my bug zapper. I just don't want them in my house.

So you think that owning some high power lasers will help you in that?

Sorry, lasers are for other, much more fun purposes here, not for driving animals out of your house.

It is simply not going to cut it (so to speak).

Use your lasers to do skypointing, igniting matches, impress friends, and other stuff that lasers are for (in this community anyway).
Solutions to your problems with animals is not going to be found on Forum about lasers.

I just got one of these last night, We named him "Leo" the leopard...

gecko1.jpg
Why do you tease me like that?!

Dayum!

Where can I get myself one of these...
I need to look up some more wikipedia for stuff like natural environment and so.

I'm posting from hawaii (first internet in like a week) and I want to say there are geico type geckos crawling all up and down trees! They're really tiny, a lot smaller than a leopard gecko.

Status
Not open for further replies.