Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser on Airliner, User Arrested.

One more DHead and one more nail in laser enthusiasts coffins, words fail me

I couldn't agree more :tinfoil:

Seems like a coke machine should have fallen on this guy a long time ago :crackup:

I cannot understand how some people can be soo stupid, and yet, are still alive.

Last edited:

Pilgor

Can you imagine if someone else found the lasers in the washroom, and for reason thought it was a bomb. This guy could have been in a lot more trouble if that had happened.

I always put mine in the hold, didn't think you were allowed that kind of stuff in the cabin anyway, just like matches and lighters and stuff

I had never heard of this incident on the local news, thanks for the report!

What. An. Idiot.

He's a vandal too, damaging airline property.

Plus he's giving bad ideas to people. Imagine if the shoe bomber used a laser to light up he shoe rather than a match or something else like that. Of course that guy was a complete idiot like the guy above too. Still, now we're stuck having to take off our shoes in the security lines which is incredibly annoying.

Morons and terrorists ruining it for everyone.

Benm

Ofcourse this guy is an idiot for doing what he did, but there is no need to overreact to the danger involved.

Virtually all non-US airlines allow passengers to carry a lighter and/or safety matches in the cabin - not a blowtorch, but just an ordinary cigarette lighter which is not suspicious at all in combination with a pack of cigarettes.

Strike-anywhere matches are officially prohibited on airplanes mostly, but very few people use those anyway -the kind that requires the box to spark them is usually no problem.

This should not be a safety problem though. Millions of people fly every day carrying lighters on commercial airlines, but very very few of them try to set fire to something in flight. And the ones that do are probably people trying to have a cig in the lavatory whilst covering the smoke detector, not terrorists.

Using a lighter in flight is not dangerous by any means, as long as you do not set seats and such on fire. Remember people used to be allowed to smoke on airliners 20 years ago without any problems. The no-smoking light is there to prevent people burning themselves (or others) whilst smoking in turbulence, and has nothing to do with fire from lighters or cigs being a hazard to airplanes at all.