Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

laser mfg auction

Hey guys,
In the biz I'm in I go to a lot of auctions. So in my inbox today is an auction of a laser manufacture company called Boston Laser. But make sure when you go to the website that you read the whole lot catolg. They have a huge inventory of laser making and testing equipment. here is the link for the first page of the auction http://www.go-dove.com/browse2.asp?UserName=BOST0129 and the physical location is in new york.

michael

daguin

-- Be warned --

If you are not able to pick up the item yourself or have a friend in the area who can pick it up for you, the; pick up, packaging, and shipping can be VERY expensive. Make sure you do the research needed to know what the unit will ultimately cost you.

Peace,
dave

Makes me wish I lived in the area...

http://www.go-dove.com/assets/display.asp?ItemID=sot5551#

Description: (7) # FODL-0X-SP Microlensed & Standard Lasers, 250ma, 500ma, 750ma, 1000ma.

Ooooow
2281882_2.JPG

Ahhhhhhhh
2281882.JPG

I'm looking at those nice optical spectrum analyzers, O-scopes, optical tables, driver systems, TEC systems, etc. There's an auction for a lot of laser diodes in various levels of manufacturer. Huge bins.

Now, to grab $20,000 and head to NY, lol.

FrothyChimp said:
I'm looking at those nice optical spectrum analyzers, O-scopes, optical tables, driver systems, TEC systems, etc. There's an auction for a lot of laser diodes in various levels of manufacturer. Huge bins.

Now, to grab $20,000 and head to NY, lol.

Group buy anyone?

2348476_6.JPG

.....anyone?

2281885_3.JPG

For anyone who ever wanted to know how to make their own laser diodes: everything you need is on that list, especially the first 2 pages. An entire semiconductor processing facility up for auction there, with the MBE system for crystal growth as well. That's just crazy.

The dollar value of the first 2 pages online would be in the millions if buying new, some people are going to be getting some great deals, me thinks. But shipping/transporting that stuff is always a big problem. Moving an MBE system, or really any of those processing systems like the e-beam systems is FAR from trivial.

Crazy stuff.

Chris -- You better get there and scoop this up ;D Those TO3's might be fun if the freq is right!!

Mike

Those TO3's are just the base plate  sub assemblies. It would be fun to experiment with them nonetheless. Most of these lasers look like they were from Helios and Agfa film imagers.  Unfortunately they would be 835 and 780nm respectively.

I'll try to win at least ONE of the laser diode/stuff lots if anyone else has some serious cash- my guess is these lots will end at over 10K a piece- and they want in on a pile let me know- it could become a MOFO of a group buy!

I am afraid the bidding will go NUTS because the GOLD PLATING on it all.  :-[

jwc

If LPF bought all this stuff, we could start our own manufacturing plant. :)

Anyways, I'm practically in tears right now... the quantity of equipment here is just absolutely astounding... I won't be able to go.

I bet that a lot of the shippable things are going to be resold on eBay in about a week.

I'll be going if I win anything :D Wish me luck-

I'll probably be bidding on:
Refrigerated recirculators
Optics tables
HeNes
Oscilloscopes
Geiger Counter
Soldering Stations
Vacuum pumps
Multimeters
Power supplies
Laser Power Meters

Dang, long list. I have no idea what kind of prices this stuff will go for, but I suppose it doesn't hurt to try.

heruursciences said:
Yikes, some of this stuff is already AT OR NEAR ebay ending prices!!!  :eek:

yeah i was kinda disappointed  :(

Still bidding on a bunch of stuff though  ;D

bidding on:
oscilloscope tektronix with the HP laserjet
the nice 130A DC power supply
the LPC radiometers

watching:
the 3 pack of huge PSUs
the lambda digital psu
melles griot alignment station
radiation meter

if you wanna bid on something i've listed here, let me know :D

jwc

I've bid on an LPM and a Weller. Outbid on the Weller though. :(

Allmost time to start the bidd'n due to the nature of what some of the stuff is going the lots i'm bidding one are pared down quite a bit...

heruursciences said:
Allmost time to start the bidd'n due to the nature of what some of the stuff is going the lots i'm bidding one are pared down quite a bit...

This auction has been most disappointing :(
Prices are like.... worse than ebay