Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser Lighter 5mW just for laughs

SKeeZ

Hello LPF,
I got bored last night SO, I made a Laser lighter. Its just 5mW so its just a joke but i hope you enjoy. Its powered by 2 AAAs shuved in a lighter. Heres what it looks like:
GPMN5AJ.png

The switch:
EYc8BJN.png

The diode at the end of the "flame tube"
CwIVhEl.png

Powered on:
iSg0j8U.png

tuh3QCu.png

Beam with lots of fog
p68vvlM.png

Beam with lots of fog and lights on
vFkuJmj.png

Long exposure
N8c9Cvi.png

This laser was not a show off laser, i just had a spare diode so i thought it was a good idea.

Last edited:

had to zoom browser out to 50% to see the images....please re size next time. if you google search (image re sizer) you can find some easy sites to do it for you.

but other than that, cool build! it would be fun to get some real power in it though, eh?

Last edited:
resize or you will get hit with some nasty neg rep......no one will even read this, i know i didnt bother to look at it

Well the pics arent being shown. Id suggest simply adding them as an attachment. Theres an add attachment option, at the bottom of the advanced edit page. Saves you having to resize them as it does it automatically when they are uploaded. Anyway it takes less than a few secs to resize pics to 800 x 600 in photoshop....:whistle:

Cool little laser btw ;) :beer:

SKeeZ

Sorry you guys for the terribly sized images and the exposed BBCode i got to this as soon as i could. the images are now 768x512, a more common and much smaller resolution. Thanks for your replies.

Last edited:
Very neat build! Put some real power in that though and you may actually have a real lighter XD

SKeeZ

I had a very small 5mw diode and i carefully pryed open the tube. I put the module in the top and connected the negative wire to the metal tube and ran the positive wire from the module all the way down the tube, through the tube to the switch on the igniter i connected a wire to the base of the tube and ran it to the battery. The laser module contains a small driver so it all got connected to two AAA's.

Well the pics arent being shown. Id suggest simply adding them as an attachment. Theres an add attachment option, at the bottom of the advanced edit page. Saves you having to resize them as it does it automatically when they are uploaded. Anyway it takes less than a few secs to resize pics to 800 x 600 in photoshop....:whistle:

Cool little laser btw ;) :beer:
Strange I'm on my mobile S4 and pictures come out fine and right size, tiny scroll to left or right and same up and down
And no issue ...

SKeeZ

Strange I'm on my mobile S4 and pictures come out fine and right size, tiny scroll to left or right and same up and down
And no issue ...

I had to fix this issue... I ended up photoshoping them.