Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser in your mouth

I searched the forum but I didnt find anything already on this so sorry if this has been brought up before. I was playing around with my newly built direct drive red laser :) and shined it in my mouth when I did I saw a red haze kinda go across the top of my vision. Its not really a haze but I can just tell something red is there. So I moved the laser around the roof of my mouth and found the spot that you can really see the laser in you vision it helps if you close your eyes also. Its interesting how you are clearly shining it on the bottom of your eyes but see it in the top if your vision. Just thought I would throw that out there lol

Justin

D

Deleted member 8382

I think this is caused because the metal in the lens is reflecting part of the beam and it's going to your eyes. I tested and nothing hapened.

Well its on the bottom of your eye but you see it on the top because your eyes are mirrors and that is how they see it before your brain flips it! and what your seeing is the light going into your flesh.

I think this is caused because the metal in the lens is reflecting part of the beam and it's going to your eyes. I tested and nothing hapened.

But he says the light is appearing to be on the top of his field of vision, even when coming from beneath. This would actually make sense if there is truly any light making it from the top of your mouth to the bottom of your retina, because the image on your retina is inverted.

Not saying anything about anything else, just that if it was coming from outside and in through your pupil like you suggest: then the light would appear to be coming from below like normal. But light arriving at the bottom of your retina would appear to be coming from above.

did you use a red one like him? red shines through flesh the best. green doesnt really at all. im just sayin that cuz it looks like you got mostly green ones

I've seen this before as well. It works a lot better if you point it at your forehead. Then, of course, the light appears at the bottom of your field of vision instead of the top.

I thought you were going to try and feed us that "my lazor haz a taist lol" bullsh:)t.

D

Deleted member 8382

did you use a red one like him? red shines through flesh the best. green doesnt really at all. im just sayin that cuz it looks like you got mostly green ones
WTF that was! It only works with red!

oh lol I just noticed what happens. There are holes under the eyes cavities, that let the light pass and lights the meat around your eye. If you do it in front of a mirror with the lights turned off you look like a Halloween pumpkin lol

I haven't tried the forehead thing I need too and also the pumpkin lol But its not dangerious unless you have a laser that car burn skin and it is focused to burn at a short distance. And I dont think that you can taste lasers I wouldn't try to even say that lol. Its funny the interesting things you can do with lasers.

My idiot roommate tried this a long time ago....back before when I had safety glasses....big no no.
But the pictures are hillarious, so I will post them:):)

(FYI: that is my roommates bedroom in the background and yes...it is a disaster in there)

baa511e3.jpg

60a4f965.jpg

b1a4007a.jpg

My idiot roommate tried this a long time ago....back before when I had safety glasses....big no no.
But the pictures are hillarious, so I will post them:):)

(FYI: that is my roommates bedroom in the background and yes...it is a disaster in there)

Looks like he's using some kind of futuristic laser toothbrush LOL! BTW, flesh and blood are translucent to red lasers (and also yellow, orange and near-IR) so that's why the light diffuses into your skin and tissue. This is also why you can hit your skin with significant powers of red laser energy and feel nothing....and why greens and blues will sting your skin with far less power - absorption vs diffusion and scattering of the light.