Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser Goggles Slightly Exaggerated?

I was saying the only thing I feel goggles are really need for is burning and staring at the dot. (Indoors)

Morgan

^ True Mo, goggles aren't needed for looking at beams outside shining up into the sky, but then Toaster posts a video of him burning stuff, inside, with no goggles. This is no example to set, IMO. I think you'd agree.

M
:)

i would agree on that the only time i have ever used mine is in optical alignment on my projector and up close burning.
when you are trying to get a rgb projector aligned you got to get your face sometimes in the beam.
i dont see the need to burn anything i got lighters for that. and my projector is down so they sit in their case collecting dust.
But we must advocate safety first for the inexperienced and unsuspecting.
But if you think want to see your beam in your house go ahead.
Like i said i stare at mine from my projector when it was running all day.
And my projector in my sig is outdated. its was 1.5w by math calculations (no lpm)
The beams wont hurt your eyes. maybe the dots might so if you are scared go buy a cheap piece of panel wall and paint that thing a nice flat color or wrap in in felt and there you go.
Because you know what, at the end of the day it does not affect me so i dont care.
i will advocate safety first for the inexperienced and unsuspecting.
But you know the risks so have your fun with lasers we all do things a different way.
Whos to judge you. Just remember to always learn from mistakes.

^ True Mo, goggles aren't needed for looking at beams outside shining up into the sky, but then Toaster posts a video of him burning stuff, inside, with no goggles. This is no example to set, IMO. I think you'd agree.

M

True. That is why you never see me in the burning videos. just the laser :D

I never show me in the video either :) Also I am not shining the beam in my corneas so Ill live, Also How do you know that I was looking at the dot in the video, you dont :p

Morgan

^Yeah, right, you weren't looking at the dot. Randomly waving a match and a piece of paper around the room were you? Don't be a jerk. Get some goggles and some sense that others may actually be influenced by what you do. I hope not though but we've been through this before haven't we... You didn't listen then and you're not listening now. Like I said before, standing up for yourself doesn't make you right.

M