Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser Contest #1 - Best Laser under $100

Who has the best laser under $100?

• Pman

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • scumbagatheist

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • jayrob

• Atomicrox

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • wannaburnstuff

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • wheedy

• grainde

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • styropyro

Votes: 12 33.3%
  • bloompyle

• Speedy78

Votes: 2 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Yeah, thanks...Just so long as you don't enter you new monster I'm building you! :na:

I would only ever enter something I built myself ;) Plus if I did that, you might not build anything for me again :thinking: Still want to get in on your new line of custom lasers :shhh:

~ LB

IsaacT

Lazerphase that video is of ferrofluid, an oily liquid with a suspension of iron shavings. When exposed to a magnetic field, the liquid reacts to it in the same way iron shavings themselves will.

It is very cool stuff and you can make your own with kitchen oil and toner powder(from laser printer cartridges).

Last edited:
Lazerphase that video is of ferrofluid, an oily liquid with a suspension of iron shavings. When exposed to a magnetic field, the liquid reacts to it in the same way iron shavings themselves will.

It is very cool stuff and you can make your own with kitchen oil and toner powder(from laser printer cartridges).
Ahh ok thanks for explaining :beer:

I would love to have one of your builds as a regular laser pointer.
But if you ask me.
Contests such as this demands more than just functionality and ruggedness.
People want to see a something that is artistic and timeless.
The culmination of centuries of technological development and cultural pursuit crystallizing into a scroll of magnificent light .

Need to be more artsy farsy matie :D

No doubt, sir. I seriously underestimated the quality of builds that would come up for under $100!

I would only ever enter something I built myself ;) Plus if I did that, you might not build anything for me again :thinking: Still want to get in on your new line of custom lasers :shhh:

~ LB

Not a chance of that. You're a good guy, and I wouldn't treat you that way.

Gun

Congratulations to Atomicrox on claiming 3rd prize in Laser Contest #1 - Best Laser under $100! :wave:

tonyt

Big Congrat's to Styropyro and Atomicrox for your second and third place!!!
Pm's Incoming for your addresses for your prizes!!! :yh:

Hi all, the time has come and there are lasers and dragons ready to fly! :D

dragons_by_stonekaiju-d6blduc.jpg

I have addresses from Gun to ship some 405nm lasers for our winners. I made some origami dragons as well. There should be enough for all our entrants. Feel free to PM me with an address and I will send one to you. I PM'd TonyT for a PP addy to send some shipping fees. So hopefully everything will go out this week!

Congratulations again to all the winners and entrants :) Thanks again too to Gun for moderating and TonyT for his generosity ;)

~ LB

Laik

I used to do a lot of origami when i was younger, those dragons look nice! Congrats again everyone! :D

Laik

I used to be able to make a rose, i have forgotten now and not that interested in origami. I have these origami fireworks that i made when i was near my peak, not that hard to make, just time consuming. Here is a quick video i made :D Be sure to watch till the end ;)

Last edited:
:crackup: Thanks Laik, that's Awesome. Yes I watched til the end :) Really cool piece I got pretty deep into natural looking animals at my peak. Have some ideas to combine them with lasers :eg:

~ LB

Pman

Did I miss something? Those look great LB! Didn't know our top 5 were getting some of your stuff or am I confused....

Just consolation prizes Pman. I thought it would be nice if all the entrants got something, even if it's not a laser. I don't have enough lasers for everyone, but just PM me an address and I'll mail a dragon to you :)

~ LB