Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser Barrels V2. GB. Second run. Kryton Groove

Kenom

Re: Laser Barrels V2. GB. Second run. Kryton Groov

Yeah unless I hear from folks that they don't want thiers anodized they will come anodized. The anodization is one of the reasons the cost of the barrels went up so much. They are charging upwards of $6 per barrel to anodize them. This includes masking the parts that can't be anodized. Like the diode insertion point, the threads for the lens, the inside of the tailcap, and the threads on the head and tailcap.

Can we get different color adonising??

Kenom

I'd rather not go the different color option, but will if there's enough interest. I'm going with clear now, which leaves the barrel anodized grey. I would also go for black.

Kenom

ya know I think the black anodizing would defeat the purpose of the black rubber that is going to be inserted into the handle for esthetics.

so unless loads of people want a colour i can't have one? :'( ;D

How hard is it to do it yourself?

daguin

Kenom said:
ya know I think the black anodizing would defeat the purpose of the black rubber that is going to be inserted into the handle for esthetics.

Black would be Zexy! I don't need stripes ;)

I thought the rubber inserts were for function (to keep it from rolling off the table, firmer grip, etc.), rather than for aesthetics.

Peace,
dave

The black insert is also to break the monotone look of the metal.
just to add some contrast. =P

I'd like mine in Black if possible.

Kenom

wow. I learned how to spell a new word today. aesthetics. all this time I've been spelling it wrong.

The inserts are intended to prevent the barrel from rolling as well as to break up the monontony of the barrel. I don't think that it would look too bad in black. and I'm actually suprised in the interest. I personally don't think it's as sexy but to each thier own. So, I'll get a few anodized black then. the grooves will still be there though.

Kenom said:
wow.  I learned how to spell a new word today.  aesthetics.  all this time I've been spelling it wrong.

The inserts are intended to prevent the barrel from rolling as well as to break up the monontony of the barrel.  I don't think that it would look too bad in black.  and I'm actually suprised in the interest.  I personally don't think it's as sexy but to each thier own.  So, I'll get a few anodized black then.  the grooves will still be there though.

Then they can put dayglo orange inserts into the grooves or red

daguin

Kenom said:
wow. I learned how to spell a new word today. aesthetics. all this time I've been spelling it wrong.

The inserts are intended to prevent the barrel from rolling as well as to break up the monontony of the barrel. I don't think that it would look too bad in black. and I'm actually suprised in the interest. I personally don't think it's as sexy but to each thier own. So, I'll get a few anodized black then. the grooves will still be there though.

Then I think that you would be pleased to know that your barrels possess both enjoyable beauty and admirable beauty

http://www.thegreatideas.org/apd-beau.html

Part of my Master's focussed on "Aesthetic Communication". I typed that damnable word so many times that my fingers can do it on their own now ;)

Peace,
dave

I don't kow which will be better..... someone help me decide.

drlava

I thought the anodisation would result in a dark 'gunmetal grey' look? THAT would be slick!

drlava said:
I thought the anodisation would result in a dark 'gunmetal grey' look? THAT would be slick!

It would. How do we adjust the current for your drivers that are in this gb?