Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

La Spada Verdi: 1st Ever 520nm 115mW MS-SSW; Build/Review; Very Pic Heavy

sinner

Re: Very Pic Heavy: Build/Review: La Spada Verdi: 1st Ever 520nm 115mW MS-SSW

Considering the mess A-holes at customs created, they even tried to pull out the tailcap spring :thinking: You handled the build very well brian..

Thank you, gentlemen, both. It was a challenge to build, but no thing that is truly worth it, comes easy. It's a fine host, a beautiful host. LB, you're going to love it!

As far as the blemishes in the finish go, they're only small details, and hard to notice when beholding this massive beast. Stupid US Customs...Sinner, now that you said they did something to the spring, that makes sense now, to me, as to why it was the way it was..lol

IsaacT

That is a very well done build thread, I enjoyed the read! By the way one thing I like to do when twisting on a head to avoid wires twisting out is to twist the head counter clockwise so as to twist the wires that way. This makes it so when you screw the head on (clockwise) it makes the wires untwist before they retwist. Hope that helps someone!

EDIT: or vice versa, depending on the direction the head screws on by

Last edited:

That is a very well done build thread, I enjoyed the read! By the way one thing I like to do when twisting on a head to avoid wires twisting out is to twist the head counter clockwise so as to twist the wires that way. This makes it so when you screw the head on (clockwise) it makes the wires untwist before they retwist. Hope that helps someone!

EDIT: or vice versa, depending on the direction the head screws on by

Excellent tip, Isaac! I actually do the same thing to. But, here it is for everyone else. +1 if it lets me.

I put my polishing skills to work today to give a fresh finish to my MS-SSW. US Customs had done such a number on my host! It was kind of sad..but, not anymore!

Before
PFBC5nd.jpg

And, After!!
tKZ3APL.jpg

If any of Sinners customers want their MS-SSW hosts re-polished after customs gets done with them, feel free to drop me a line.

You're getting really good at that SBA :) Payday is getting close...

~ LB

sinner

I never thought i would be jealous of a build of one my own hosts :eg: Dammit, I dont have $150 to drop on a PL520 but payday is near.. :na:

La Spada Verdi: 1st ever MS-SSW by Sinner w/ Osram PL520 Diode @ 115W

I wonder what o.d rating your goggles would have to be as to protect you at @ 115W :p

all jokes aside, that is a really nice host!!!

Michael.

LB, if you want me to do the same polish job on your MS-SSW when I get it, let me know. Hopefully Customs wont be harsh on them next time.

Sinner, you don't know how happy that makes me to hear. You made my day! This beautiful host may be a sick amount of overkill, cooling wise, but the PL520 demands this kind of awesomeness!

sinner

The customs did their job, I have to be careful and may include individual boxes so that they put it back inside them instead of messing the whole batch.. "can't afford 20 MS-SSW's to be messed up"

I am sure the one i am sending you now for LB's build will arrive safely and mirror polished such as yours!

P.S: You're gotten a lot better in laser building in such a short time, I get a lot of PM's to buy completed laser in my hosts, now i know where to point them in the right direction! :beer:

Why Sinner, you're far too kind. I'd be happy to assist your clientele.

While we are talking about the build, my tube of thermal silicone came in so I epoxied the diode pins, and pressed the diode in, finally..at least as tight as this skinny module will get! I haven't had the guts to scar the module to fit tighter.

One thing everyone needs to know is that the standard Acrylic lens will NOT work with the focus knob. I am messaging DTR to see if I can do an acrylic-in-extended-tube work-around now, but I am stuck using my G-2 with it...talk about overkill all the way around!

IsaacT

I took apart an acrylic lens yesterday and tried to put it in a lens holder I got from DTR but the lens is too wide. We would need custom holders made.

Drat! Con sarned it, even!

IsaacT

I am planning to try the glass lens barrels when I get home. If it fits, I will just have to drill though the top lens because the retainer for it is not notched so you can't thread it out.

Wow...that seems like a lot of trouble!