Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Kryton Logo competition

So it's either laser burned area or non-burned area. No grayscale, right?

Well, if that's the case I'll be making my logo like that.

And those logos look like paint. I want to see what the process is capable of, not an idea of the kind of logo you want :)

I just whipped this up right now... I figured the logo on the barrel will be too small for elaborate detail so something simple should suffice...

How about this???

logo1.jpg

Kenom

Murudai said:
So it's either laser burned area or non-burned area. No grayscale, right?

And those logos look like paint. I want to see what the process is capable of, not an idea of the kind of logo you want :)

Nope those are laser engraved.  You can't just scratch them off like you can paint.  Not to mention they are hard like anodizing.  Which is why I thought they were "anodized" that way.  now that I take a closer look at them though I see the truth of the laser engraving.  If you were to go with sometin simple like plain text yes it would work very easily.  As would just a very basic ice crystal.

As I've tried to say. I'm not the one doing the logo, you all are. so my suggestions and idea's are nothing but suggestions. Ultimately you'll ALL get a chance to voice your opinion when it comes time to vote on which everyone likes.

We've all seen the logo for wicked lasers and other laser companies and plain text with a laserbeam that terminates in a flash is old and mundane in my opinion. Kryton got it's name from a messed up combining of Kryo and photon resulting in Kryton. Since this chilled (extreme heatsinked) head theoretically cools a laser diode well I opted for the kryo name, hence the desire for ice crystals in the logo. The original brainstorm for the barrels was mine, but ultimately as the buyers (customers) of my laser barrels, you guys are as much owners of these as I am. Hence, the reason for allowing everyone to vote instead of just choosing which I liked. So even though i've expressed my preference for something like my K in the post a few posts above, does not mean that, that will be the logo that gets chosen.
Ken

now that i think about them being anodized logos i made one more appropriate for the situation at hand...

krytonlogo3.png

Kenom said:
[quote author=Murudai link=1216695019/60#64 date=1216774124]So it's either laser burned area or non-burned area. No grayscale, right?

Nope those are laser engraved. You can't just scratch them off like you can paint. Not to mention they are hard like anodizing. Which is why I thought they were "anodized" that way. now that I take a closer look at them though I see the truth of the laser engraving. If you were to go with sometin simple like plain text yes it would work very easily. As would just a very basic ice crystal.
[/quote]

Really? I have an MXDL which has the same thing on it. It looks so much like paint, but looking closer I guess I can see the scanner sort of method.

bobobob121, that still wouln't work. The scanner is single colour, you can't have the white parts on top of the text. And the gradients around the snowflake it wouldn't be able to do, not by a long shot.

It has to be 1 colour, and it has to be solid, no gradients or alpha areas.

ok, here's the most recent, you SHOULD be eble to engrave this if your using laser engraving. Depends on the type of software etc they are using (yes dear I know you know that).

Attachments

• kryton_crystals.jpg
    kryton_crystals.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 69

Kenom

now that is exactly what I envision but without so many growths around the letters themselves. This makes it a bit difficult to engrave as there is still a bit too much detail, and in monochrome you won't be able to see the letters all that well.

Kenom

haha it's all in white and can't see it in that background.  LOve it!!!!

I had to HIGHLIGHT THE ENTIRE POST JUST TO SEE IT!!

my bad, i figured you would be anodizing it on black surfaces so i made it white..i can make it black if you want me to.

Kenom

hahaha it doesn't matter to me.

But it's not just on black it's getting engraved. Any color that gets anodized will have the finished logo.

Here's a couple in PNG format... They're just solid black.
The first one is the same as the one I posted earlier.
What do you think?

logo11.png

Untitled-1-3.png