Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Laser Pointer Store

Kryton Logo competition

Here's mine so far. Hope it works so you can see it, if not I'll try again another way.

Attachments

Aight Kenom, personally I think it's going to be difficult to pull off a logo made of ice crystals that doesn't look tacky on the side of a kryton (remember these things are going to be scaled down A LOT) So I made these very simple bits of text just as an example. The brushed metal effect can be changed, as well as the grey glow.

I just like a 'clean' look, is all. Are there any of these that look like the sort of thing you want? I have lots of different ones...

Edit: My bad, that last one isn't supposed to have any glow. Looks crap, I know. Fixed. Old school. =D

V.I. - The "missing" N on mine was PURPOSELY left out as it is not finished yet - which I had stated above "Here's mine so far". I will most likely post it again when it is finished.

Okay, cool. By the way if you're going for the snowflake 'bloom' thing use straight lines instead of freehand. If you could make a cool looking handwriting-style Kryton logo it'd be fine, but personally I can't make freehand text for stuff and it always comes out like a 5-year-old's handwriting. >.<

lam3

VillageIdiot said:
Aight Kenom, personally I think it's going to be difficult to pull off a logo made of ice crystals that doesn't look tacky on the side of a kryton (remember these things are going to be scaled down A LOT) So I made these very simple bits of text just as an example. The brushed metal effect can be changed, as well as the grey glow.

I just like a 'clean' look, is all. Are there any of these that look like the sort of thing you want? I have lots of different ones...

Edit: My bad, that last one isn't supposed to have any glow. Looks crap, I know. Fixed. Old school. =D
These look cool and clean, which is what I think would be best. Detail on a small scale won't work, you'll have white pieces of crystal in the KRYTON which will make it look like a piece was skipped during engraving, etc.

Something that could be done is an edge of crystalloids (lol) around a clean depiction of 'KRYTON', though it may ruin the straightforwardness of clean letters.

If you must know I was freehanding with a **** trackball mouse with a baby on my lap in photoshop 7.0 (with a baby on my lap I might add) - so actually I don't think I did too bad. And as I said before - I am not done with it yet....but what you see is about 3 hours worth now, from scratch.

And BTW, kenom was also looking for a logo in which to use on the website as well. He neglected to put that detail on here (the boys have a tendancy to make him forgetful), so that's something else you may wish to keep in mind.

lam3

Just an ugly sketch, but this is what I think would look cleanest. I know it's not really what was asked, but oh well :/.

Also, I am not good at Photoshop, so this is meant just as a visualising aid. The edges of the border should be parallel everywhere.

^I like it, actually. It looks like the Nintendo logo =D

I can also do the 'rather odd' style. Here's something, maybe 5 minutes in Flash MX with the grid on...? Needs some work, the N doesn't look right and stuff.

Attachments

diachi

I liked VIs ones, did you do that with PS ( I sound nooby, but I havent used it in years ) need to get that off my dad again >.<

No, I'm a cheapass who doesn't have PS. I have Paint.net, a pirated version of Flash MX and that's about it.

diachi

I only have paint ;D, but I can get flash and PS , and they be not pirated. Yarr ye olde cheapskate !

brtaman said:
Here is one I put together a couple of minutes ago.

brtaman
Looks badass, but lots of the badassness (badassity?) will be lost when Kenom converts it to greyscale D: