Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Kryton GB round 3! MULTIPLE HOSTS!

Kenom

Ok. *Heres the skinny. *I've submitted my designs to the manufacturer for a few new hosts. *As well as the Groove you will have an opportunity to purchase from the following hosts.

1. Kryton Groove. *As seen in previous posts the Kryton groove operates off either a single 18650 or a pair of cr123's *The Kryton Groove has a 5.6mm diode pocket that can take a diode pressed right into the head for superior heatsinking. *The lens is also incorporated into the head as one solid peice. *I will offer custom anodizing, but those wanting custom colors will wait until the end and pay an additional fee for the custom anodizing. *$10 for a basic color other than clear and black, and $25 for any marble or fade effect. *The barrel itself with all the required goodies to work minus a diode and batteries is $50

DSC00099.jpg

DSC00054.jpg

PIC_0063.jpg

PIC_0061.jpg

DSC00087.jpg

2. Kryton Beast. *The Kryton Beast will incorporate the same superior design of the Groove in that the diode will press directly into the head for superior heatsinking. *However, along with the 5.6mm diode pocket it will also incorporate a mounting for a c-mount laser diode. *You CANNOT use both. *Only one or the other. *Dr. Lava is workin on a driver to drive a c-mount. *The Beast will look like a mixture of a Kryton Groove and a RPL barrel with a larger head design for better heatsinking for the larger diode. *I do not have a price for the Beast as of yet as I'm waiting for a quote from the manufacturer but I can tell you it will be around $80 with all the required hardware. *It will also incorporate a Keyswitch in the tail, a constant on switch on the side, and an aperture cap similair to a RPL. *As such I've only got rough drawings of what I'm wanting from the manufacturer, which will be pictured below. (I make no claims to being an artist.)

Image-01.jpg

Image-03.jpg

3. The Kryton block. *The Kryton block will be a labby style module designed specifically for incorporation into scanners, or spyrographs. *The bottom of the module will be flat for mounting onto a TEC as well as fins along the outside edge. *The block will utilize both a 5.6mm diode and a c-mount. *As with the Beast, only one can be used at a time. *Dimensions of the module will be roughly 30mm long with a seperation in the center for the mounting of the diodes. *As with the Beast I do not have a price as of yet. *I will estimate around $35-$40

SCREEN-CAPTURE1.jpg

4. The Kryton personal pocket rocket. *The Personal pocket rocket will be a SINGLE AA sized barrel slightly larger in diameter than a leadlight. *The head will screw directly onto the barrel and only have a 5.6mm diode pocket. *There will be a solid tailcap with no switch and a side mounted momentary switch that, hopefully, will be slightly recessed. *I do not forsee that there will be room for fins on the head so I'm not shooting for it. *Again, no quote from the manufacturer as of yet but I anticipate roughly $30 per for those. *I do not have pictures of those as they are very simple to envision if looking at essentially a slightly larger diameter leadlight and about half the length.

Custom anodizing is available for 1,2, and 4. *The block will only be black. *

Last edited:

iewed

second (Sorry, I had to)

I'm definitely going to want one of those Pocket Rockets, and probably a Kryton Beast (Awesome name BTW) as well. Heck I'll probably want one of those Kryton blocks too.

With the small host, let me just make sure I understand what you're saying: you're aiming for a diode pressed into the head, the head screws onto the body, and the body has a side switch and is big enough to incorporate a single AA-size battery and a lavadrive?

Am I reading correctly?

Kenom

pullbangdead said:
With the small host, let me just make sure I understand what you're saying: you're aiming for a diode pressed into the head, the head screws onto the body, and the body has a side switch and is big enough to incorporate a single AA-size battery and a lavadrive?

Am I reading correctly?

You are correct. I was aiming for a single AAA sized 10440 battery but I can't find a protected 10440 battery.

I'd be down for a kryton beast if you could produce it without the grooves on the side. I'd also be interested in a kryton block if you could "flatten" down the inside(for mounting crystals and such).

Kenom

digital_blue said:
I'd be down for a kryton beast if you could produce it without the grooves on the side. I'd also be interested in a kryton block if you could "flatten" down the inside(for mounting crystals and such).

A Kryton Beast without the grooves is a RPL.  They already sell those. Or you can get one of the used units from Scopeguy's laserglow cleaning house sale.  As far as a block you can get those for greens as well.  The green laser block is just too much hassle at this point.

Kenom said:
A Kryton Beast without the grooves is a RPL.  They already sell those.  As far as a block you can get those for greens as well.  The green laser block is just too much hassle at this point.

RPLs may be available but not as hosts... As for the block, I'm pretty sure that there are quite a number of people that wouldn't mind trying a DIY green...

P.S Could you produce a few kryton heads in 9mm configuration?

Kenom

There are so few 9mm diodes that there really isn't much call for it at this point.  However, if you are really interested it would be very simple to modify an existing barrel to incorporate a 9mm diode.  It would literally be as simple as drilling out a larger diameter hole where the 5.6mm hole is. I even have the 9mm reamer.

Kryton beast for me!  Show me the KRYTON BEAST!
Go Go Go...Kenom is da man! :)

approx when would you get the price for the beast [smiley=evil.gif].

Kenom

Hemlock Mike said:
Ken --

I knew you would get the C-mount going  ;D  

Congrats -

Mike

Wouldn't have been possible without your help mike.

I honestly don't know how long it will take for the quotes.

simplysped2 said:
The pocket rocket doesn't hold enough batteries! A pen style host would be great :(

no need to make a pen style host out of aluminum. Just use a led light or a old DX pen case for that. he makes the others out of aluminum for the heat sinking. there isn't enough mass on a pen for this to really be needed. At least not for now. =P

I'm kind of confused about the Kriton Block. Aren't those fins going side to side? or do you mean they are going to go up and down? lol idk im probably reading it wrong. :eek: