Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Kryton GB round 3! MULTIPLE HOSTS!

danq

yay! Pock Rocks!!

um... maybe that's not the best shorthand name :-?

But I want some!!!

count me in for as many as my credit allows at the time ::)

DanQ

I haven't seen any mention of drivers yet on this gb.

Is this going to be the same as gb #2? With a basic DIY driver included and a flex as an upgrade price?  

enquiring minds want to know (well at least one)

I'll probably be in for one of everything except the groove (hope I have enough grooves - when I get them).

**** 100th post ****

That's really sad, :'( expecially since I've been on here a while, Oh well. I need to post more - And get rid of my real life ;D ;D ;D

icecruncher said:
I haven't seen any mention of drivers yet on this gb.

Is this going to be the same as gb #2? With a basic DIY driver included and a flex as an upgrade price?  

enquiring minds want to know (well at least one)

I'll probably be in for one of everything except the groove (hope I have enough grooves - when I get them).

**** 100th post  ****  

That's really sad, :'(  expecially since I've been on here a while, Oh well. I need to post more - And get rid of my real life   ;D ;D ;D
you've been here longer then me. ;D

Kenom

Drivers. ahhh yes. The pocket rocket will come with a flexdrive as at this point this is the only driver that will fit in it. Other than that it will be just like the second with the flexdrive as an upgrade.

Scog

If you are like Intel then I am more worried about group buy 4 lol :p

Kenom

Yeah well at least I'm not microsoft and need to pretty much do a complete recall on thier latest OS

It's all good. I still buy Intel, so it was more of a "Dammit, something better is out there now!"-thing.

Which leads me to a question about C-Mounts. What's available in this class? I'm not very familiar with C-Mounts specifically.

-Jonathan

Kenom

Well, there specifically isn't much that is useful in anything but BURNING lasers. You can get a 5W 808 or a 500mw 635nm. all of these of course will be multimode so the beamspecs will suck. But, they will burn like a mofo!!!

Daedal

Oooh, I missed out on the grooves last time, If I have money when time comes around I'd go for a pocket rocket and a beast, possibly even a groove as well. :)

Kenom

Daedal said:
[quote author=Kenom link=1227146655/40#40 date=1227336440]Well, there specifically isn't much that is useful in anything but BURNING lasers.  You can get a 5W 808 or a 500mw 635nm.  all of these of course will be multimode so the beamspecs will suck.  But, they will burn like a mofo!!!

Hey Ken... No TO-3 diode capabilities?

Datasheet: http://www.roithner-laser.com/All_Datasheets/Laserdiodes/RLT635-500-TO3.pdf

Most probably very bad beam specs, but still worth it ;)

Regards;
DDL[/quote]

I don't see a way to incorporate those into a portable host that is useful. You can very easily make your own hteasink mount for these with a drill bit and some time.

im in for a pocket rocket and a groove also =P how long till these come in? itll be a couple weeks till i get a decent paycheck but i can probably afford to upgrade that groove to a BEAST!!!

Daedal

Kenom said:
[quote author=Daedal link=1227146655/40#42 date=1227391939][quote author=Kenom link=1227146655/40#40 date=1227336440]Well, there specifically isn't much that is useful in anything but BURNING lasers.  You can get a 5W 808 or a 500mw 635nm.  all of these of course will be multimode so the beamspecs will suck.  But, they will burn like a mofo!!!

Hey Ken... No TO-3 diode capabilities?

Datasheet: http://www.roithner-laser.com/All_Datasheets/Laserdiodes/RLT635-500-TO3.pdf

Most probably very bad beam specs, but still worth it ;)

Regards;
DDL[/quote]

I don't see a way to incorporate those into a portable host that is useful.  You can very easily make your own hteasink mount for these with a drill bit and some time.
[/quote]

I was hoping for a labby with that ;)

--DDL

artix

So there is no DIY green Kryton?

I would be in for a beast! But my parents think I have too many lasers. :'(

What is the deadline? You gotta post it in the first post! I almost missed the last GB because you just didn't say. Or maybe you

did... o_0

Don't you love my three little bunnies?
(\_(\  (\__/)  /)_/)
(=':') (='.'=) (':'=)
(,(')(')(")_(")(')('),)