Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Kryton Beast Logo CONTEST!!!

Jay, that's exactly why I submitted it as a CONCEPT.... So it can be taken further if needed...

I have explained this already to you... Hope the definition can be of some help....

Concept - An overview or description of a proposed product or service consisting of attributes and benefits, usually having the ability to develop off of.

@Kryczeck That looks great... If the laser has that much resolution I would have to move the overlay around a bit so not to get pieces that over hang, like on the top of the T... otherwise that would bleed into the host and not look too good.

Jay, that's exactly why I submitted it as a CONCEPT.... So it can be taken further if needed...

I have explained this already to you... Hope the definition can be of some help....

Concept - An overview or description of a proposed product or service consisting of attributes and benefits, usually having the ability to develop off of.

@Kryczeck That looks great... If the laser has that much resolution I would have to move the overlay around a bit so not to get pieces that over hang, like on the top of the T... otherwise that would bleed into the host and not look too good.

Hey smartass how about this for an explanation: Don't expect to win a contest with unfinished work and expect the judges, or anyone else for that matter, to finish it for you.

You get it now?

Got another one for that small pea brain of yours: SMARTASS - A person who, by means of purpose or not, uses sarcasm to have a laugh. A person who, on a regular bases, annoys the hell out of people with their sarcastic-attitude.

EDIT: If Kenom wanted to do it himself he would have. This contest was so he didn't have to. I think.

Last edited:
facepalm.jpg

Look I don't want to argue... and I'm not trying to be a smart ass... Seriously I'm not..

It was a concept.. I don't even like the idea... but that's all it is.. an idea.. If Kenom likes it I can finish it for him if he doesn't fine... (that's why i didn't spend much time on it. My others took about 3 hours research and work to finish each, I have no photoshop skills :D), if he doesn't like it, I have 3 others to pick from... If he doesn't like them he has another 20 or so, to pick from.

It's an Idea, Concept, Suggestion, Thought... is there another way to explain my self..?

Look if it pleases the majority I'll take it away... happy??

Geez...

EDIT: Also I never said Kenom would need to finish them.... Do not assume... Also for the Kemonmeter Pro, I'm pretty sure IIRC that there was a basic concept agreed upon then Ken asked for final touches to be edited... That was my whole idea...

-Adrian

Last edited:
you guys have to stop arguing. i am going to be the winner with my simple and elegant design. I was also the only one that submitted a desing that can be read from both sides...:na:

michael

How about you take this to PMs or to another thread? Let this thread be only for design entries to the contest.

True, but that's easily acheived 1 of 3 ways:

1) Just outline all your letters before applying the dither

OR...

2) Choose a different shade of gray that's not so close to black (background) before dithering

OR...

3) Use what's called a non-weighted dither so that background color doesn't creep in...see image below.

A non-weighted dither:
BobHaha2.png

I know you probably already know all of this, but the point I'm really trying to make here, is that if the resolution of the etching process is very fine, then we can all come up with much cooler designs...and the only thing that would have to happen is that the final image (winner) gets dithered accordingly on the backend.

Hope that makes sense.

Last edited:

Kenom

wow. Dithered. I can ask the resolution of the unit he's got.

so do you want us to invert our logo designs?

No. If necessary, I will take care of that.

Last edited:
How about you take this to PMs or to another thread? Let this thread be only for design entries to the contest.

It's alright I just put him on ignore. Can't get mad if you can't read what they say right?

Kenom

Ok ladies and Gentleman, and you other folks who don't fall into the previous 2 catagories, we have a WINNER!!

I would like to thank all the great participants as well as the wonderful submissions. They were all fantastic. I had a very difficult time choosing which logo I liked best since there were so many wonderful entries.

To those that didn't win, don't be discouraged, your entries were good and don't give up trying the next time we hold this kind of competition. creativity is unique to each person and just because in my eyes it's not the winner, does not mean that others don't think your submission was the winner. IE beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

So, without further ado, the winner of the Kryton Beast Logo competition: Bobhaha with his entry I call the cracked beast.

bobhaha3.png

Bobhaha has won himself a Kryton beast with all of the assorted bits and bobs FREE or it's associative value whichever he may desire.

Congratulations Bobhaha, and good job!

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Darn, I didn't even know there was a contest till 5 mins ago. :(

1Nick

sonofa b****!!!!
that design looks exactly like mine! crap...

WOW!! Thanks ken, PM coming your way. There was a lot of tough competition and I really liked some others submissions! Congrats and well done to everyone.

sonofa b****!!!!
that design looks exactly like mine! crap...

Except mine was submitted 26 days before yours :D
So, technically, yours looks like mine :D

Last edited:
Congrats bobhaha, you deserve it. I agree with the judges decision. Well done.