Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Kryton Beast Logo CONTEST!!!

Heres my design, the Groove's logo was simple and clean so thats what i tried to replicate here.

The length of the underline can be modified as well as the number and spacing of the dashes.

Attachments

• Kryton Underline resized.jpg
    Kryton Underline resized.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 1,042

Ok, here's my feeble attempt at concept art...

Attachments

• Logo2.jpg
    Logo2.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 359
Kryton Beast Logo Competition!!!

Ok guys, here are my prototypes for the Kryton Beast...

...but first, the concept!!

The design had to be simple as the printer won't have enough resolution for small details.
I did go nuts on the first ones but then I started to play with the concept while trying to preserve the original Kryton font at the same time. I ended up with a similar concept:

Beast --> Teeth --> Snow Beast (Kryton + Snow) --> Beast Bites

As you know, these are just prototypes to display the concept, hope you like them!!

Concepts in order from start to finish:

#1:
KJbvRh.jpg

#2:
2EuSfh.jpg

#3:
7deUmh.jpg

#4:
aayLth.jpg

#5:
TRnW7h.jpg

#6:
BtpnXh.jpg

#7:
t1XcWh.jpg

Not Kenom approved. Out of the contest.
#8:
zzJ1mh.jpg

#9:
m5EJLh.jpg

#10:
GM5pLh.jpg

#11:
QS6BGh.jpg

This one can't be printed since they can't be done with shades of gray, but it's cool so I'm showing it to you.

#12:
v82p4h.jpg

This one is my personal favourite. I added a 45° chamfer to mimic the ones on the Kryton font, seamless design :)

#13:
3avC6h.jpg

#14: Here's a preview of what it'd look like on a Groove barrel:
mwInYh.jpg

Last edited:
It almost looks like the paint was accidentally scrapped off from a distance on the designs with the bites taken out. That kind of makes the host look old and abused IMHO.

It almost looks like the paint was accidentally scrapped off from a distance on the designs with the bites taken out. That kind of makes the host look old and abused IMHO.

Have you ever scraped something off of a metal surface? It definitely doesn't look like that. The peaks of the spaces between the 'teeth' are defined enough to show the user that it's not abused. Same thing goes with the bites placement, it's naturally obvious that they were put there on purpose, again, letting the user know the design is like that.

Everyone will have their own opinions on it and I might be a minority in the opinion but that is what it looks like to me. I thought the same thing with the groove logo too when I first got my groove. Mainly where there is a cutout in the Groove lettering and the snowflake together just seemed out of balance or something. I still like it though don't get me wrong. It is just that is the impression I got when I first saw the logos.

Everyone will have their own opinions on it and I might be a minority in the opinion but that is what it looks like to me. I thought the same thing with the groove logo too when I first got my groove. Mainly where there is a cutout in the Groove lettering and the snowflake together just seemed out of balance or something. I still like it though don't get me wrong. It is just that is the impression I got when I first saw the logos.

Even so, our discussion is in vain since, if I recall correctly, the Kryton Beast isologotype will be engraved on the host.

:bumpit: come on guys... only a few more days left... Keep them coming!!

I have a few more concepts to add too :D

i hope my idea counts for this.... it is fairly cheap to do...

i propose you make a rectangular inlay on the host. then have stickers made in your "kryton" font that say "kryton beast" have the sticks fit into the inlay. then pour in clrear polyurethane.

did i win yet? LoL

and the this logo i made is what i propose to put in the inlay.
also if you cant do the inlay. my logo can still be used but with out the gradient.:whistle:

michael

Attachments

• kyton logo.jpg
    kyton logo.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 907
Last edited:
I thought I would post here and ask a few question.

How big is the logo you want in size like .75 x 2 inches or do you not have a size limit and will it be going on the barrel with the lines like in the renders. also what DPI are you running this at so that we can get it to look good?

Kenom

A laser engraver does not do DPI. It just burns away material leaving behind the image. The image size itself should be less than 1"x3" or so.

A laser engraver does not do DPI. It just burns away material leaving behind the image. The image size itself should be less than 1"x3" or so.

most laser engravers do dpi and that make it dependent on how much detail you can get out of the picture along with the lens you have on it and if it is focused properly. I am not trying to come off like a know it all just stating something I think to be correct.

Alright thanks for the image size