Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Known scammers!

Repeating the same facts over and over is a rant bro...

If I may ask, how much did you pay for the laser?

TJ, Yeah, I guess repeating the same facts over & over IS RANTING. Sorry, but my Medication sometimes causes me to repeat things without realizing it. My wife reminds me of my repetitions all the time, & I'll TRY HARD NOT to do it anymore, OK ? As far as the cost of the laser goes, yes, you may inquire as to the price, but I ain't telling you (jk). Of course I.'ll tell ya, no need NOT to is there ? It was right around $200.00. That might not sound like a lot to some of you guys, but on MY income, it may as well be $2,000.00. For each & every laser I own, I've had to sell off one or more of some of my other more expensive toys that I had purchased when I was still able to work ! The MOST expensive lasers were bought when I WAS STILL working, the other ones were from what I said earlier (see, I don't always rant & repeat), & from some good old fashioned horse trading. I swapped my telescope to LASERSBEE in order to acquire my LASERBEE I DELUXE LPM, for example. I hope I answered your questions to your satisfaction, if not, feel free to ask anything else, I have NOTHING to hide, & have been as honest as I can be through all this crap.................rob

I'm not doubting anything you say, so no worries. The reason I wanted to know the price was to see if it was worth the effort. But you are right, $200 is a lot of money, no mater what income you have. If it was me I'd hop on a bus and pay Day a visit LOL. But that's just me (I'm not a role model LOL). Good luck and I hope you can get some satisfaction somehow.

Thanks for your support TJ, but I doubt that ANYTHING is gonna happen that will result in me getting ANY kind of satisfaction from the kind of person I'm having to deal with. When someone screws you over, then hides behind the fact that he's a minor, & hides behind the skirts of his grandmothers legal firm , won't answer the phone, won't answer PM's, & generally won't take ANY RESPONSIBILITY for ANY of his actions, I seriously doubt I'll get anywhere with that type of human being, ( & I use that term VERY LOOSELY). I even offered a payment type payback plan, no dice, since he's NOT AT FAULT, LOL ! But KARMA has a way of evening things out in the end, I just hope I can see it when it happens, 'cause it WILL happen. You can't escape KARMA man. That's the ONLY bright side to this, but what goes around, comes around !! BTW, sorry if I was ranting again, I'll try to watch out for that !!!rob

Have you try contacting Bob Lasers and see what they say? Maybe they will fix it.

I've sent them an Email informing them of what happened & never got a reply. Just $$$ down the crapper............rob

I feel that I should add my input. I worked with Day on the European section of the GB, and have some information that may/may not help.
Also I highly doubt Day made nothing off the deal.
This claim is untrue. I have contacted Boblaser since, and bought things from them, and the prices were the same as in the GB. The reason for the GB was to save on shipping prices, as they only shipped via DHL.

Day did hide the fact the lasers were from Boblaser.
I'm not sure he really hid the fact - he just didn't tell people. He didn't actively hide the manufacturer.

I think what it boils down to is if the laser worked when DAY received it. If it did, and was damaged via shipping to Rob, then the liability lies with him, since he chose the shipping method that didn't have insurance. I'm not claiming that rob is a liar or anything, but I would think that the laser did work when Day got it, as he would have known that there would have been problems by selling a veteran member a broken laser.

I don't think you can call him a scammer. You are the only one to have received a broken laser, and there is a large chance that it was broken after he had shipped it, so the liabilit wasn't his. I appreciate that he could have been slightly more co-operative in trying to help you get it repaired, but that doesn't make him a scammer

Rob

I feel that I should add my input. I worked with Day on the European section of the GB, and have some information that may/may not help.

This claim is untrue. I have contacted Boblaser since, and bought things from them, and the prices were the same as in the GB. The reason for the GB was to save on shipping prices, as they only shipped via DHL.

I'm not sure he really hid the fact - he just didn't tell people. He didn't actively hide the manufacturer.

I think what it boils down to is if the laser worked when DAY received it. If it did, and was damaged via shipping to Rob, then the liability lies with him, since he chose the shipping method that didn't have insurance. I'm not claiming that rob is a liar or anything, but I would think that the laser did work when Day got it, as he would have known that there would have been problems by selling a veteran member a broken laser.

I don't think you can call him a scammer. You are the only one to have received a broken laser, and there is a large chance that it was broken after he had shipped it, so the liabilit wasn't his. I appreciate that he could have been slightly more co-operative in trying to help you get it repaired, but that doesn't make him a scammer

Rob
THANK YOU, and it is hard for me to be on a lot, because my laptop was broken last week, and i only have one other computer between the 3 houses i go to every week.

If anyone wants to know anything, please, feel free to ask, but i stand by my decision that this is not my resposibility to pay out of MY pocket, when i dont even have that kind of money thanks to the lack of a job right now.

I gave him the IM of someone he can speak too and i have PMed him many times on this subject in the last week, but after it was sent to gooey, he didnt say anything to me, until i started getting calls from a blocked number at twelve o clock at night. :scowl:

@ robjdixon, did you look at the pictures DAY provided ? Does it show MY laser working ? The laser pictured has a key in it while mine came without one!!! So how can nyou know if the laser in the photo was even mine ? BOBLASERS does not have a good track record on this Forum, & if I had known that he was the supplier, I seriously doubt that I'd have taken part in a GB from there............rob Thanks for your input though,rob

@ robjdixon, did you look at the pictures DAY provided ? Does it show MY laser working ? The laser pictured has a key in it while mine came without one!!! So how can nyou know if the laser in the photo was even mine ? BOBLASERS does not have a good track record on this Forum, & if I had known that he was the supplier, I seriously doubt that I'd have taken part in a GB from there............rob Thanks for your input though,rob

as i told you, and said before when we where trying to get the key, I LOST IT or it fell out off the box, NO ONE ELSE ordered one of those specific types of lasers, check the threads.

what I found when I opened the module, was that the negative wire going to the little wire on the c-mount was not making any contact at all. Either it came from the manufacturer with a bad solder joint and it broke, or some wires got pulled and disconnected it somehow, but the problem with the laser that directly caused it to not work was that the pump diode was not connected to the driver anymore.

what I found when I opened the module, was that the negative wire going to the little wire on the c-mount was not making any contact at all. Either it came from the manufacturer with a bad solder joint and it broke, or some wires got pulled and disconnected it somehow, but the problem with the laser that directly caused it to not work was that the pump diode was not connected to the driver anymore.

Was it repairable? Because once it got to you, i wasent told of much.

Amazing, after all this time of nothing but silence NOW DAY has something to say !!!!!!

well, the calls at 12 am kinda made me want to.... Ive tried everything i can do, but i cant afford to pay you back, i gave you the email addresses, and anything else i could think of. Im sorry, but its not my fault if you dont opt for insurance, and yes, that IS your laser in the picture, no one else has one from me. I know it was working when i had it, so its to assume that it was damaged in the mail, or some other way.

I think it's a guilty conscience !!!! You know what they say when you ASSUME...........rob