Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Kipkay Hate?

IsaacT

So it seems to me that there is a general concesus around here that Kipkay sucks....could yall please explain why you dislike him? Feel free to use this as a bashing thread but I would like at least one legitimate, objectively stated opinion for each post....If the consesus I have seen is wrong, then let me know....oh, and I didn't know where to put this :thinking: , so I put it in general, if it needs to be moved please do so

HIMNL9

Hate ?

No, why ?

If you refer to my post in the other thread (kipkay t-shirt), it was a joke.

Anyway, i think that some serious users dislike him, cause in his videos he don't use safery precautions (or at least, not enough), give bad suggestions (like direct connections from diodes and batteries, so your build last 5 minutes, if you're lucky), and post sometimes some bad advices or wrong informations.

I personally never go on his videos channel (except when someone post some of them here, that is usually an occasion for a laugh), so don't know about the other possible reasons.

But "hate", no, this not.

ped

You'll probably find people round here wont even waste thier time on replies...

as a business man i am sure the kipper is as good as it gets. his videos are probably netting him some decent cash.

but in the actual laser community he is considered a joke!!! he lacks common sense in all aspects of the laser hobby. He is reckless with his teachings and in my personal opinion he is contributing to the negative stigma surrounding lasers.

michael

as a business man i am sure the kipper is as good as it gets. his videos are probably netting him some decent cash.

but in the actual laser community he is considered a joke!!! he lacks common sense in all aspects of the laser hobby. He is reckless with his teachings and in my personal opinion he is contributing to the negative stigma surrounding lasers.

michael

Well put...:gj:

Jerry

oic0

It's someone monetizing their hobby while incorrectly portraying it and giving misinformation. That pisses anyone in any hobby off.

For instance, one of my other hobbies is engines.
If I saw someone giving bad motor advice with incorrect assumptions it would piss me off. Oh wait, he hit there too, YouTube - Double Your Gas Mileage! 2X
OMG Acetone gave me 10mpg!!!! right...
--Im not even going to go in to how wrong that is.

It's someone monetizing their hobby while incorrectly portraying it and giving misinformation. That pisses anyone in any hobby off.

For instance, one of my other hobbies is engines.
If I saw someone giving bad motor advice with incorrect assumptions it would piss me off. Oh wait, he hit there too, YouTube - Double Your Gas Mileage! 2X
OMG Acetone gave me 10mpg!!!! right...
--Im not even going to go in to how wrong that is.

Plus 79.492% of all statistics are made up. lol. I too could sit and type numbers in a spreadsheet and say my car started getting 100mpg because I filled the left front tire up with peanut butter.

Acetone would only do two things in the quantities used. it'd be an octane boost.. Which wouldn't do squat unless your running really high compression and having detonation problems, and it'd probably clean your fuel injectors a bit. Though if you want to do that, your better off going to an auto parts store and getting a can of seafoam. Better to use something designed to do that rather than dumping random chemicals in your gas tank.

The biggest way to improve your fuel economy is... *insert drumroll here* change your driving habits.

Ok i'll quit being OT as well now... but it still boils down to... Most of the crap kipkay puts out, is just that... crap. He's after views and page hits. He doesn't care how accurate anything he talks about is.. Just so long it's still believable to the people watch.. which going by youtube comments... are mainly people that fall below the 'average line' on IQ scores.

Benm

Its the way he presents things too... it has to fit into a few-minute video to rake in cash on various websites. But doing so means omitting important information such as the simple need for a diode driver.

While that makes him look like a baffoon in laser-land, we should not forget how he does manage to get people involved in the hobby of building lasers.

Most of them come in with a 'i did what kipkay said and now its broken' introduction, but some do stay around to get it right on the second attempt :)

He also takes credit for the hard work done by others like Rog. His only redeeming quality is that many came to the hobby and thus LPF because of his videos but that is where it ends IMHO- plus his voice is sooo creepy!!!