Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Kenometer/LaserBee PRO Mods...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asherz

They both have a great product if only we could put them all in a room with all their tools to make one Amazing meter.
They are at separate levels of quality one has software and other is hardware, But for a truly amazing product they must work together to have the best of both worlds.

Well said, although it's kind of like asking Apple and Microsoft to join forces and make the ultimate computer with aesthetics, hardware, software and cost all in one nice little package.

Yeah it's a lot to hope for, but i am known to hope for things like that.
It shows a lot about character and customer appreciation when competitors come together to bring you the best product possible.

I really am honestly intrigued as to what your intentions were with this thread.

-> If you wanted to help Kenom with design, you would have PM'ed him.
-> If you wanted to help the community, you would have posted what you did.

Whose interests does this thread serve other than yours?

-Trevor

We all know Jerry's intent on this thread. He has shown constant pettiness towards Kenom and the Kenometer in the past.

It's a favorite past time for him.

He doesn't post anything to help with the project. He purposely intended to add insult by renaming it a laserbee.

This whole thread has been a charade just to bring up old dramatic discussions that should have ended by now. Trying to make himself a saint buy adding that he bought the meter off of the reviewer.

This thread should be closed.

Why do you feel the need to claim someones work as your own?

Wow, you redid some cables and made them look pretty. Then you put a cell phone directly on top of the meter and it still worked! That's EPIC! I know I love to talk on my cell phone directly on top of the meter while checking my lasers.

You have done nothing here that a 9 year old could not do on his own, the only thing you are trying to do is try to compare your crappy little meters to the Kenometer and you are failing miserably IMO. Give it up already...

If I was mariomaster, I would refuse to touch that meter, you have clearly voided the warranty about 1200 times over.
My thoughts exactly, the girls scouts do that breading everyday; maybe that's where he got that idea from. :)

My thoughts exactly, the girls scouts do that breading everyday; maybe that's where he got that idea from. :)

Heheh... give me an F... give me an U... give me a J... give me an E... give me two R's... give me a Y...

whats that spell!?

:wave::wave::wave:

The reason he didn't post what was done is because he doesn't know what was done, he probably had someone else do all the work to this meter for him.

Thanks for summing up this whole thread Trevor, the number of threads Jerry has opened complaining about the Kenomer or someone related to the Kenomer is getting ridiculous. He is coming off like a ass trying to make the Kenometer or the people behind the Kenometer look like crap. If he was a real businessman, he would just redevelop his OWN meter so that it would be better than the Kenometer, but instead he just slings mud, like a politician.
Jerry can't come out with his "own" the original laserbee is a knock off of the d4thing right down to the $8 tec glued to the $1 heatsink, 4 buttons and small lcd; prior to that he used to peddle those photo cells on fleebay that never worked, numerous complaints on CPF about that junk.

Got to love that drawing where he thinks a tec and some glue on a heatsink is superior to a commercial Thermopile, I hear he tried to sell that "design" to all the big Laser Power Meter companies, but for reason they didn't return his calls.

The d4thing hit the hobbist arena and he cloned it and has been struggling since trying to come up with a bigger and better screen and a real Thermopile. You'll notice he gets every meter Ken makes, cause Jerry is trying his darn-est to come out with a better meter himself; or should I say "we" since he always refers to himself as "we" which really is himself, his wife and the mailman.

When Jerry/"we" seen Ken release that new meter he had to be drooling over that and couldn't resist that nice screen and all the graphing functions. Since he could never get beyond the basic d4thing that was the brain child of Robin and is defunct now; other than some enclosures, software is from some else etc, it really hasn't evolved much.

He even complained to Ken that Ken must have marked it up 100%, yet Jerry then using that example must have marked up his tiny little meter 400%.

To fully label that enclosure as the LaserBee 5 Watt Laser power Meter and then in the lower right-hand corner J.BAUER Electronics

That says it's made by J.BAUER Electronics, that's total BS and we all know that.

Give him some time and Jerry/"we" will come out with something very similar, he may/may not chill for a bit; but the handwriting is on the wall folks

Jerry/"we" must have received his engineering training in China, cause he operates the same way many over there do.

Hey I wonder why the CEO's of Coherent, Gentec, Ophir, Newport, etc don't hang on this forum all day & night like ceo/Jerry/we does?? Naaaa I know why :)

@ Electron....Crazy Jay.... Pontiacg5....

Keep TROLLING.... Children.... :crackup::crackup::crackup:

You are so Pathetic.... that it's so Sad....:cryyy:

Jerry

Well now Jerry neg rep me, I guess that means I hit a nerve; but it's OK for him to do what he has done to Ken though, right??

If you hadn't noticed, he hasn't really responded to anybody. He just tells us to stop trolling.

Jerry, you are the uber troll. And this thread pretty much proves it.

And it's so sad :cryyy:

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
I really am honestly intrigued as to what your intentions were with this thread.

-> If you wanted to help Kenom with design, you would have PM'ed him.
-> If you wanted to help the community, you would have posted what you did.

Whose interests does this thread serve other than yours?

-Trevor

I posted it to let any Kenometer PRO owner know that there is a fix
available for the problems we have encountered with the Kenometer
PRO since receiving it... That is if the owners want it... they are not
obliged to take it...

- We were able to eliminate the jitter without input to the OPHIR head
- We were able to drastically reduce the current required to run the PRO
- We were able reduce electrical noise immunity by simple electronic
and wiring methods...
- We showed what could be produced with a little professional care and
some basic electronic knowledge...

I have already tried to help Kenom by PM during his Lite Sales and got
my head chewed off... That ended me PMing Kenom...

- We bought 3 Lites from Kenom to encourage the PRO design
- We gave him a fix for the DC/DC converter spiking problem that was
killing the OHIR heads...
- We let him know about the variations of the heads sensing position in
case a customer would ask...

Does this answer your Questions Trevor....:thinking:

@ MarioMaster.... I'd still like to know...
Since I have an Arduinio with a Socketed Atmega328P could I send back
the MCU to have it updated.... A simple yes or no will suffice...
Like I said before you can PM me if you prefer..:cool:

Jerry

So, it was to bash the kenometer. The one bad one that was sent out. Ken offered to replace that one but CDBeam refused. What makes you think the rest have this problem.

More like "we" bought 3 to try to reverse engineer them but we are too stupid to make a meter this complex.

and wiring methods...

Great! Post how you did this, because all I see is pretty pictures.
And once again, what makes you think the rest have the same problems? This was the prototype...

Trevor

I posted it to let any Kenometer PRO owner know that there is a fix
available for the problems we have encountered with the Kenometer
PRO since receiving it... That is if the owners want it... they are not
obliged to take it...

and wiring methods...

I have already tried to help Kenom by PM during his Lite Sales and got
my head chewed off... That ended me PMing Kenom...

- We gave him a fix for the DC/DC converter spiking problem that was
killing the OHIR heads...
- We let him know about the variations of the heads sensing position in
case a customer would ask...

Does this answer your Questions Trevor....:thinking:

@ MarioMaster.... I'd still like to know...
Since I have an Arduinio with a Socketed Atmega328P could I send back
the MCU to have it updated.... A simple yes or no will suffice...
Like I said before you can PM me if you prefer..:cool:

Jerry

You still did not tell the community precisely what you did to make those fixes. If you're really trying to help the community, then I suggest you start making a better effort to do so. Helping the community means helping everyone in it - not just yourself.

I know why you made this thread. You know why you made this thread. I fail to see why you even try to make your attacks subtle - they're lost on no one.

And no, you did not address my questions. You did not even begin to address my questions. My important questions were of your character and motives, not of petty electronics. For example, my second post. You asked Eudaimonium to not rub his new design in the face of the professors. The reason you cited for this is that it does not look good (or something to that effect). You proceeded to redesign the Kenometer Pro and rub it in Kenoms's face. By posting this thread, you have broken your own advice and, moreover, you have demonstrated yourself to be a hypocrite.

You may have a lot of rep bars and knowledge of electronics, and for some reason that makes you think you're being an asset to the forum but, to my eyes, you're just being an ass.

I know you'll neg rep me for this, but I will not reciprocate. I am not petty, I do not abuse the system.

-Trevor

EDIT: And when you reply to insult me and tell me to stop trolling, try not to use smilies. They rob posts on threads such as these of their credibility.

Get your facts straight... your posts are starting to smell like an old Fart..
Oh... that's true... that's were you are pulling your facts out of...

1) CDBeam asked Kenom to have the Dust laden Overlay replaced before
he did his Review and Kenom refused... Then after the Review came out..
and only then.. was a replacement offered...

2) I am not as stupid as you... We don't need 3 of something to reverse
engineer anything... Even Nospin's 5Watt meters were designed before
he even saw a Lite.. Can't be that difficult even for you...

3) Any PRO Owner that can show me proof of ownership can PM me for
info and I will supply that info at my discretion..

I have no clue if there are others out there with similar problems...
Seems a logical assumption since they were all built by the same
person and as MM said there have been improvements made in
filtering and Firmare...
Seems to me that I don't have the only PRO with problems...
But thanks for bringing it to light....:gj:

Jerry

[EDIT]
OOPs... sorry for the Double Post...

I know you'll neg rep me for this, but I will not reciprocate. I am not petty, I do not abuse the system.

-Trevor

EDIT: And when you reply to insult me and tell me to stop trolling, try not to use smilies. They rob posts on threads such as these of their credibility.

There is no reason to Neg rep you... you are about the only one on
the Kenometer Team that uses logic to state his opinion...
But that's all it is... an opinion...
I'm not in school and Kenom is not my Professor... :cool:

Jerry

Status
Not open for further replies.