Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Just Labeled My Lasers - Pics

Why? Do you often forget what they are? What else do you label?

to whom were you referring to ^ if me... I was talking about the label themselves, and yea! I need some times myself to label my units cause in my builds I use about 5-6 of the same host, but at different currents and diodes.

Or were you just being you...;)

scion

Why? Do you often forget what they are? What else do you label?

If you have more than one and no labels then you may forget what their power ratings are.

I would forget what the power rating was for my bluray. and the big 50mW greenie has no labels so i labeled it cuz i know i forget or other people ask what it is lol.

scion

I think they look better without stickers.

i may have gone overboard little lol.. but im still trying to get warning labels... cant find them..

I want to remember what exactly it is cuz i plan on building some others

scion

Then you can use small font and write "If you can read this, you're too close to burn an eye :p" (included the tongue smile, LOL)

lol!

9pt font is the smallest i can print lol.. dont think i got enough room on it lol. funny tho!

Is this one of those Dymo labelmakers? Got one of these, and I use it to label my hard drives and computers... very useful in big computer rooms where all the servers are the same model... ;)

On my end, been wondering where I can get those cool metallic laser stickers, the DIY paper ones look lame, and even if printed on a hi-rez color laser printer, just don't look as nice as the "satin" finish metallic stickers on laser pointers coming from Asia.

Robert

Doofus

I've been debating getting small pieces of black plastic and "engraving" with the 200mw to make labels. Or I'm just eager to burn things.

check these out I make them for the lasers I bulid and if there was enough intrest I could be perswaded to make them for all. they are laser cut in white on black or black on white, I'm looking into red, green, purple on black colors.

29c2gph.jpg
[/IMG]

heres what they look like on some of my lasers.

mblidt.jpg
[/IMG]

It is a good idea to label your lasers if you get a big enough collection going...I have so many generic NewWish pen lasers that I don't which one is which.

@Flaminpyro- The labels look good but you put "Mw" instead of "mW" and for the physics picky person purple should be violet. The black labels look like they blend in great with your dark hosts like the MXDL though.

scion

dude those stickers are pretty sweet and i must say for the record, YOUR ADDICTED! =D lol.. Very awesome collection!!! lol. if you find yourself NOT getting enough use out of them, some of them, or at least one of them, you come talk to me, i'm sure we can arrange for some use! =D

scion

Is this one of those Dymo labelmakers? Got one of these, and I use it to label my hard drives and computers... very useful in big computer rooms where all the servers are the same model... ;)

On my end, been wondering where I can get those cool metallic laser stickers, the DIY paper ones look lame, and even if printed on a hi-rez color laser printer, just don't look as nice as the "satin" finish metallic stickers on laser pointers coming from Asia.

Robert

yea this is a "Brother" Label maker, same thing really, just little more pricy IMO.. but its gotta last cuz the girl likes to label things, she's wanting to be a teacher.

Dymo's printing tape costs less lol.

@ SCION which ones would you like bro, since you asked first I can send you a couple I have some PHR's in white for light colored hosts. the main thing is the size in thousands like (1.125 x .450 )

@ STYROPYRO yes the person entering the data sorta transposed the mW to Mw.
as far as the word purple goes I didn't think "PYRO VIOLET" had the same ring to it.
if you want your stickers to say violet who am I to judge, you have a good day !
Peace All Pyro... :eg:

Last edited:

scion

@ SCION which ones would you like bro, since you asked first I can send you a couple I have some PHR's in white for light colored hosts. the main thing is the size in thousands like (1.125 x .450 )

@ STYROPYRO yes the person entering the data sorta transposed the mW to Mw.
as far as the word purple goes I didn't think "PYRO VIOLET" had the same ring to it.
if you want your stickers to say violet who am I to judge, you have a good day !
Peace All Pyro... :eg:

I appreciate it bro, I have all black hosts. And my pocket mini is 119mW
I'm going to be building some 16x red burners. So might come in handy fir those. Also black hosts. Just hold onto em ill shoot you a PM if I am in need of em! Thanks!
BTW, and those lasers u don't need? LOL.

D

Deleted member 8382

I understand to label them in this case for example, but with 3 lasers? I honestly don't like the labels, sorry :/

scion

I understand to label them in this case for example, but with 3 lasers? I honestly don't like the labels, sorry :/

Hey it's fine by me LOL.
I got hold of the label machine and went nuts I may have overdone it a little LOL. Ill prolly end up having just a warning label and a power label and wavelength label.

I'm constructing some more lasers soon, I got parts ordered to build 2 red burners. So as the collection grows, labeling might be beneficial