Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Jayrob VS. LarryFDFW AR lens VS. Aixiz standards

jayrob

Re: Jayrob VS. LarryFDFW AR lens VS. Aixiz standar

Blu-Ray_Junkie said:
::) I thought this was reviews..not sales. Its getting old Jay.... :(

Blu-Ray_Junkie, please take notice of the following quotes taken from this thread...

Miloš said:
[highlight]I understand there is competition between two parties ...whatever needs to be added to this thread, feel free to state [/highlight]as long as it is A FACT!

best regards

Miloš

lasersbee said:
Now that we have a decent idea of which lens outperforms which... I guess it's time to
[highlight]compare prices [/highlight]and see which lens and/or assembly gives the members the best bang
for the buck... :cool:

Jerry

This thread started out with Miloš making it clear that any relevant information about the difference between my modification and Larry's can be freely stated here in his thread...

Price has been mentioned. (and is always a consideration) And a $5 dollar price drop is relevant information. If Miloš does not agree, then I will remove my post about my $5 dollar price drop.
Jay

Sorry. Its not about the money for me, its the specs and the placement of the lens. I think the dollar amount is secondary at this point. In a month these will be selling for $20.

If and when Igor comes out with his you wont be able to give these away.

jayrob

You can't be serious...

There is no way they will be $20 bucks! (unless you buy bulk) Not even in 3 months! If anything, the lens suppliers will raise their prices with more demand...
Jay

P.S. I have tried to contact Igor at least 4 times about comparing these with his best. But he has not responded because of his circumstances.

But about 3 months ago, Igor asked me to send him a picture of the Meredith 'splash' because he told me that all of his lenses had splash, some more than others.

I am just as much looking forward to getting some of Igor's lenses, as everybody else is. I have stated this from day 1.

But how can you make a statement like that without making a direct side by side comparison??

If another lens comes out with better performance and a cheaper price why would they raise the prices on G-1?  ;D They will be rushing to dump what they have. There is more than just 1 lens company.

jayrob said:
But how can you make a statement like that with out making a direct side by side comparison??

I was clearly talking possible future outcomes. Plus I have a lot of faith in Igor. Also his way is a GB not direct sales. With a GB you always get the better price. So I think its a safe assumption the G-1 will be obsolete. Maybe not. We shall see...

jayrob

Blu-Ray_Junkie said:
If another lens comes out with better performance and a cheaper price why would they raise the prices on G-1? ;D They will be rushing to dump what they have.

Well I must agree with you that it sure would be nice if that happend! :)

They sure would sell a lot of them...

At this moment, there has not been found a better performance glass lens for blu-ray. (IMO) But of course we all hope there will be...
Jay

jake21

[highlight]Its hard to tell will the lights on. Please take another with the lights off... [/highlight]

i cant... when the lights are off my camera pics up the light to good and its just a big circle :(

milos the back of the lens is completely opened im still in a stage of making a holder for the lens so i dont have to use lil bit of epoxy :)

and for having it metered im still waiting on ken to ship my meter out :cool: but i no it increased the output power bc it burns white paper like its nothing :eek:

edit: BR_J could you perhaps cut Jay some slack. He's the man on many fronts and a vast knowlegde base as well.

He's allways been the upper echlon of laser hobbist if you know what I mean . ;)

If you don't like him charging for his works or trying to not go out of pocket too much than, oh! well.......

He is coming in to his own and could use you support not friction, buy one of his kits and judge for
yourself. If you don't like tight tolerances and master craftsmanship then pass. I for one won't
sit idley by and not act in his favor anymore...

and awaiting your rebuke, know this, I was owning one of jayrobs builds way before you and me joined this forum take that in cosideration before your well though out responce.

By the way my jayrob 200mw blue is my badest unit.. for 1.5 years now   Remember Jay your build kungfu is strong........ :)

Did I read something wrong here.... :-? :-? :-?

BR_J was pointing out that IF IgorT's lens ever
shows up here and IF it is a better lens..
then the possibility will exist that this 405nm Lens may become obsolete... :cool:
And that would be for both Jay and Larry... (which I think will never happen)

@jander6442 * just like you.... every member here has the right to
post his/her opinion..... Correct me if I'm wrong...

Jerry

Last edited:

Kenom

jake, the reason your not getting any splash is your adapter is such a small ID that it's cutting it off. That light is then hitting that adapter and reflecting it. IF that is the only thing it's cutting off, you won't really notice a signifivant drop in power. 1-5 mw or so. but if it's cutting out more, you'll see a much larger decrease in power.

lasersbee said:
Did I read something wrong here.... :-? :-? :-?

BR_J was pointing out that IF IgorT's lens ever
shows up here and IF it is a better lens..
then the possibility will exist that this 405nm Lens may become obsolete... :cool:
And that would be for both Jay and Larry... (which I think will never happen)

@jander6442   just like you.... every member here has the right to
post his/her opinion..... Correct me if I'm wrong...

Jerry
I've read in other threads that Jay was involved in that BR_J was on Jay for nothing more than putting out
a "if your intrested here is the cost" kinda post where BR_J was like Jay was spamming for dollars or something.
True BR_J has his opinion like us all but, mine was simply asking to let Jay have some slack on this cause without his research and devotion I at least would still be in the darker ages. There my explanation ;) read from page one on this Laserbee.

jayrob

Thanks for your support Josh! :)

But you don't need to put yourself in the 'line of fire' man...

Hey I'm glad to know that the 6x build is still running strong for you. I hope it keeps on going like the Energizer bunny!
Jay

Blu-Ray_Junkie said:
This was a conversation between me and Jay, and it ended with mutual opinions on the matter. I don't see the need to continue this. Are you trying to start flames Josh? If not then don't stick your nose in affairs that don't concern you. If you have something to add, than fine. I think Jay is a big boy and can defend himself. His position on the forum was never questioned. Don't highjack this thread trying to start a flame war, and please mind your own business unless you have something pertinent add. Please save your response so we can all get back to business.

I bow out sir I appoligize.

Jay if you could find the time to redo a graph on a mediocre PHR with the 401 Lens mod and compare the old PHR acrilic lens
I think that savings $ on the PHR diode at conservitve setting with the mW output on the 401 lens would give you the same output
as 6x at risky setting thusly shortining it's life... The price would favor the PHR as apposed to the 6x acrilic at inflated mA's.
the only thing that throws this off is the long closed can red that is packaged w/the 6x sled. Does this make sence.

Again, BR_J I appoligize and end it JOSH. :-X

jayrob

Here's Dr. Lava's graph showing the power of a PHR...

Blu-ray Graph - All.jpg

This is what a normal efficiency PHR will give with AixiZ acrylic. Figure about 10 to 15mW's less than mA's fed.
* Example: 125mA's - 110mW's. Then you will find some with higher efficiency, and some with lower efficiency.

You can take those numbers and multiply the mW's reading by 26% for the power that you would have with the 405-G-1 glass lens.
* Example - 120mW X 26% = 151mW's.

Quite honestly, for PHR, your best 'bang for the buck' is still the AixiZ acrylic lens. The need for glass becomes a necessity when you get up to around 200mW's and above. With that kind of power using blu-ray, your acrylic lens will degrade.

That said, it is still a nice idea to use the glass with a PHR. It will make your PHR more powerful, and give it way more burning power because of how intense the dot is with the 405-G-1 glass lens.

Here is a video posted by Chuck, he bought a 405-G-1 glass lens from me and built it into a PHR Phaser style build. This video shows his PHR instantly burning white 'flash' paper! The flash paper is really cool stuff! I bought some and it is awesome, just like this video: :D

Flash paper: http://www.magical-tricks.com/flashpaper.htm

I bought the 2" X 3" sheets, and all you need is to tear a very small piece (like a 1" X 1" square), and roll it into a ball. If your dot is focused properly, it will 'flash' instantly, like in the video! :)

Remember, the glass lens will not degrade. It will last a lifetime. So you can use it for any of your blu-ray builds! Or red for that matter!

For more information on his build, here's Chuck's thread: http://laserpointerforums.com/laser_pointer_forums_3/forum/showthread.php?t=20031
Jay

Last edited:

I just ordered some sheets yesterday ;D People wont believe it when they see it. Thanks for the tip on how to use it.

jayrob

It's really amazing stuff! :cool:

I can't believe we haven't seen it shown before. Not that I know of anyway...

It comes 'wet' for safety reasons. You have to let it dry. I was anxious and tried it when I thought it was dry enough, but it did not work until it was very dry. Then it just basically explodes with a flash! :D

Strange, the paper does not have any odor to it. Except when it ignites, then you smell some kind of ether or something...
Jay

Here is a review from Quantile on the Hi_Power bare lens,
which he mounted himself in the Aixiz plastic housing:
quantile said:
Received my lens today, thanks.

Power reading of my 6x went up from 165 mW with Aixiz plastic lens to 216 mW (30% increase). Wow.

The lens is mounted in the plastic Aixiz holder, I used clear epoxy to attach it.

Thanks;

LarryDFW