Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Jayrob Host, Glutton Built... Review

A Jayrob Host But a "Glutton" Built Review.

Glutton Was very easy to buy from. I have bought a few things from him now. He built a Laser in Jayrob's SolarForce L2 Gun Metal Host for me. It was Finished right when he said it would be, before hand in FACT. He has given a ton of PM responses, giving me a lot of information. He is true to his word and had/has a good attitude when dealing with me. He didn't mind explaining things and any questions I had.

He made a deal with me on another Laser and then something happen where he was unable to do the deal still. I totally understand the reason and it was fine. But then he told me he would make me Any laser I wanted just parts/shipping cost and labor was free!!!!! Because he couldn't keep the deal he made. :eek: Thats a very honest person that is true to his word!!! Rare!! Most people today would just say sorry can't do it, go cry a river. But he is true to his word and a good guy in my book. Honestly you don't find to many people who would do this. He came up with the deal I didn't even ask! Glutton is a Very Honest and very Fair person. Held his Word! + More and then Some. Very much appreciated bud.

I will for sure give him more of my Future builds to pay him back. If he has the time.:D And Recommended others to buy from him as well if he sells anything else.

Jayrob's Massive 2'' heat sinked SolarForce L2 "Gun Meta Host"!!!:drool: Awesome!

I Really Like this Host. Thanks Jayrob, As I said in another Post you are appreciated by a lot of people on LPF. What would we do with out Jayrob's work!!! Hard working and doesn't charge us that much for his Hard work and Time spent! Thanks Jayrob....... Now go back to work Rob....

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>:drool: <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
^^^Where I got it^^^Click the Smiley^^^

As always Jayrob had a smooth and fast transaction to Glutton. I personalty have gotten a wealth of information from Jayrob as well. He is very patient and kind as I'm 110% sure he has gotten the same questions about 8000 times according to his post count...Not counting PM's! Very hard working nice guy to do all this for Us. :beer: Fast Shipping and Good Honest Service. This kinda hand made product on top of that customer care is Dieing in this World. The Greed wont change until God Changes it. So make sure you show you appreciate these guys Time and Work. :beer:

L2P%2019.jpg

Host!!! (You could like Stab someone with this!!!) And the Chronic Nail Bitter... Hide your fingers!!:na:

L2P%201.jpg

Look at that Heat sink!!! Had to show it... Thats not my Host just his Red headed Step Cousin twice 1/2 removed... Nothings wrong with that, I'm just not adopting him... So Sue me...

Glutton gave me a lot of information and was very helpful. And went over it Step by Step on the Parts List. He answered all my Questions pretty fast. I'm still new so he has helped explain a lot to me all about lasers and making them. Was a Very Nice Buying Experience and I recommend him to others as a builder (if he has the time) or if he is selling something. He will be making me a matching red in this Host" I hope", I really Like It. :beer: I got a low 75mW 405nm from him awhile ago. That was a perfect transaction and he gave me a awesome deal on it really. In fact I have had 3 in all transactions with Glutton and all have been Awesome Deals and smooth. Both the store bought lasers he sold me were the exact mW he claimed it would be (I got my LPM and have been able to test them all now) Came fast and shipped fast as well. And Then this one he built is Awesome. Thanks Again. Well after I saw that purple beam on the 75mW i had to have a Better Really Good and Bright One..... So I picked a 405nm Build

Heres my 1st Buying Experience with Glutton....>>>http://laserpointerforums.com/f63/glutton-thank-you-59574.html<<<

THE Parts List.

* SolarForce gun metal host :twak:
* Heatsink with contact board:eek:
* Bare Micro Boost driver
* 405-G-1 glass lens:lasergun: "I Vote we have a few more colors of these "Smilies Laser Beams"
* 405 12x diode sled :drool:

And so when I got Paid I :paypal: It Came very Fast I Paid on 2/03/11. He Sent it out on the next day on the 4th. And It arrived On 2/07/11. Yea I only had to wait a weekend! Thats Cool and Very Fast. Was Packed Nice so nothing could move or get damaged. It came in Perfect condition and I'm very Happy with the Whole Process. I got To pick the parts and Have Glutton build it. I didn't have to do any ordering or anything, Everything was handled by Glutton. Shipping to him and all the parts I picked etc. all done by him. And he prepaid for it all obviously "very Cool". Very nice Bud :beer: Thank you! And Very much Appreciated!!! I'm sure if it had a problem i could ship it to him and he would fix it for me. Or explain it to me how to do it my self. I need more soldering practice tho before that happens....

He Had this sucker ready Before he said it would be :beer: AWESOME All tho I still had to wait till the day I told him I could pay him to buy it.... He says he has never has saw a better 405nm Beam!!!

Now for The Laser Glutton built Me!!!

I have to say Glutton does some "Really Nice Work." And I can't leave out Jayrob's work with the Awesome Host! And Really Fat Heat-sink!!! I know I wont stop saying that... :horse: This thing looks Awesome!! The laser Looks Factory Made Honestly! :beer: I am loving this Build. You can tell he really spent some time putting this together carefully. Very Finished Job, Nice Work Bud!!
IMG_0997.jpg

IMG_1005.jpg

IMG_1007.jpg

IMG_1012.jpg

IMG_1018.jpg

This host has a Very nice tail cap, It has a rubber o ring above the threads that really gives a really nice snug feel when screwing it together. Nice big strong battery spring. I like it.
IMG_1019.jpg

For a Measurement and compare of size...
IMG_1048.jpg

IMG_1049.jpg

You can see how much fatter the heat-sink is from this angle...
IMG_1051.jpg

The Whole Laser Has A Very Solid feel to it. With the battery and heat-sink it has a lot of weight. As far as the driver It's set to 420 mA... I wanted a nice low setting for long long diode life. Good Beam. I want this beauty Lasting A Long Long Time. And it looks like it Should! Glutton really cared about me taking good care of it and to use low duty cycles. And I will. For Sure!! You can tell he really makes and wants his work to last. Here is Her Beam, No smoke/Fog/Exp,and other Sissy Stuff!!! just some nice straight shots..... This little Hottie Don't need no Make-up to Look Hot, she just Does....
IMG_1089.jpg

IMG_1064.jpg

IMG_1069.jpg

IMG_1066.jpg

:eek: LOOK :eek:AT :eek:THAT :eek:BEAM!!!! :drool: This is a Awesome Laser My Friend !!!! :gj:
:thanks: :lasergun:

IMG_1084.jpg

+++ Burns Like a Beast!!!! My Spiked Silver Dragon...

Glutton sold his LPM, But I have one Now. :beer: :D And so on to the LPM Test. I was so happy to get my LPM in the mail 2/04/11 >.< Thanks to MM for Building a "few"and me being home (I'm disabled so i have not much of a choice) and clicking refresh for 2 hours... (I really did that) to click with in the 2 min window we were given...It went so fast the E-store sold a extra 1 on accident ;( 6 in stock!!!.....Ninja -1!!! Yonk...This Is Where I Got The LPM FromAwesome LPM!! I like it and recommend you look for them to pop up. Watch the forums for any information.
3143lpm_alpha.png
Nice Unit I must say :beer: GET IT IF YOU SEE IT IN STOCK!!!GET IT HERE

IMG_1087.jpg

^^^It peaks out and then setting right at 558mW-560mW ^^^ Then it's Very solid holding in that^^

Pros:

-Very Cool Host.
-Real Solid feel to it.
-Powerful but low mA for long Life
-I have to Agree Very Cool Beam
-Nice Fat Heat sink :D
-It's got more than 1 way of popping your eye... :twak:
-And the spikes don't mess with you using the focus at all.
-18650 Fits Nice and Snug, you can shake it and nothing is moving :beer:
-It has a Rubber ring above the threads of the tail cap and it has a nice solid feel screwing together. I Love It!!
-Chicky on/off Button has a nice solid feel to it. But wont get clicked by accident.
-The Grip on the Host is Awesome! Knarly
-Due to the hosts design it wont roll off a bench. :beer:
-I'm running a 30-60 seconds on MAX and 60 second off cool. It Doesn't get warm or anything I'm just crazy Cautious. I don't see this thing ever getting even slightly warm.

Cons:

-I don't have $$ to buy a 650nm one yet :cryyy: Soon... Doesn't having to Wait 1 Extra minute Longer alway seem like it's to long....doesn't it?...

Conclusion: Very happy with the buy. Glutton is a good guy and you should trust buying from him. This Host from Jayrob OWNS I love it and also recommend it as a nice solid host. In fact I'm going use a few more of these hosts for more of my built Lasers, I Really Like them. Glutton is a very honest and is a person who sticks to his word. All And All I am Very Happy. I will update this as time gos by. Thank Again you Guys.

Last edited:

Tonga

Krogith, very nice review:yh: These SolarForce builds are very beautiful. I also have some of Jays build kits he is awesome:bowdown: and one busy hard working guy. I love his stuff and talent:yh:.

jayrob

Man that's a pretty nice review! :gj:

Glutton really did a good job on that build for you...

Thanks for the kind words, and really glad you like the kit! :)

Nice
I Still gotta order my soloarforce kit from Jayrob.
When I get my taxes back, its on.

No Problem. Hope everyone likes the review... I think I repeated my self a little to much...

Man that's a pretty nice review! :gj:

Glutton really did a good job on that build for you...

Thanks for the kind words, and really glad you like the kit! :)

Very nice indeed, that Solarforce is one smokin host! Great review, and very well written. Nice crystals and geodes you have there as well!:D

Nice job, pics & review :beer:

Jayrobs Solarforce L2Ps are BY FAR my favorite hosts for lasers! Do you know what you need now Krogith? Do you?????

...another one! :D

DSC07444.jpg

Nice job, pics & review :beer:

Jayrobs Solarforce L2Ps are BY FAR my favorite hosts for lasers! Do you know what you need now Krogith? Do you?????

...another one! :D

DSC07444.jpg

I know... I know... It's very sad I'm Flat Broke now... I just need to Hibernate about 22 more days...

I like the pic with my post in the back ground :beer: I really like this host even more than I thought I would. Very Cool.

EDIT: what do you got in them 2 guys ATM?

Last edited:
I understand, we're probably not that far off of the same page... My insatiable thirst for flashlights, batteries, drivers & diodes (hehe) has left me living in the poor lane for awhile.

Yeah when I saw your post I had my camera & both Solars sitting right here, so I thought why not. :) I agree with you about the host also. I keep underestimating its heatsinking capabilities. My 2nd Solarforce has 2 flexdrives mounted in that heatsink, pushing 1.8A (2x.9) of 445nm beauty into anywhere it's shined (shone?)

BTW if you're not familiar with lighthound AND if you become as attached to your Solarforce as I have, they have a lot of Solarforce accessories that'll set you back further into debt than you're already climbing out from :beer:

I have looked around Lighthound some.

Does anyone Own both The AW batteries and the Tenergy? Is there a really BIG difference in the AW rather than Tenergy? I read there both good Right?

I'm looking at the 4 $ belt loop holder, You have it? Does it fit it good?

..not sure on comparing the AW/Tenergys. I've only gotten a few AWs from them as far as batteries go & I think they're great. I don't have the $4 belt loop holder, not yet anyways....!

jakeGT

Good review of a worthy laser, +1 to you my friend, hope the yob build is still holding up mighty well that I sold you!

EDIT must spread some more rep around before I +1 you again Krog. IOU

^ I owe like 4 or 5 people a +1 - - but I have no idea how long or how much other rep needs spreading around before I can rep them again :thinking:

DJNY

Pure awesomeness! I´m missing such creative pics like Krogith is providing.

Wow that beam is very nice!!!!

Nice to see your getting over 550 mW out of it!! And thanks for the kind words, I'm happy you gave me so much recognition for being an honest seller.

Thanks,
Jesse