Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

its been over 3 weeks

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
True, it might lessen them. Anyway most of the repeating questions come from trolls leaving a few genuine noob members.

BobMc

well I believe it has been just over a few weeks since I put an absolutely insane and not possible laser in my Signature wondering who was gonna be the first person to notice and when they were going to notice it. I am going to remove it soon I just wanted to see if someone was ever going to see my INSANE 2.2KW 589nm car mounted laser :crackup::na:

You got such a nice collection. I just thought it was one of the beauty’s you own. :)

Thats my story and I’m sticking to it! :crackup:

Last edited:
I don't even bother to list all mine, I just assume we all have a bunch of lasers and read the posts. :beer:

JimK

Mistype on the K, replace with M so that it's a plausible mistype and gives you moar POWA!

:lasergun: in orange

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
When you get deep into the hobby you can't list all of your lasers. It makes the signature too long or you run out of space. :D
That's why I made the graph so it's fixed space. ;)

GSS

I don't even bother to list all mine, I just assume we all have a bunch of lasers and read the posts. :beer:
Yup same thinking. I just list a few of the one's in some Star Trek toys as maby someone might have the same interest.
I got to know members units by memory pretty much and might look at a noobies.
I do still look at greens to see if they are 1W or more. Some do though post alot of their cheapie ebay's:whistle:

I noticed it! Didn't really think anything of it though :( Enjoy your 2KW 589 though :D

-Alex
haha! thanks Hap, this thing is so bright I can see the beam in the day! :crackup:

You got such a nice collection. I just thought it was one of the beauty’s you own. :)

Thats my story and I’m sticking to it! :crackup:
:thanks: bob but id say your collection is much nicer :na:

you're right Red, more than likely when I get some more lasers ill just stop adding to mine :wave:

When you get deep into the hobby you can't list all of your lasers. It makes the signature too long or you run out of space. :D
That's why I made the graph so it's fixed space. ;)

I actually really like your graph, how did you do that? or is it one of those things that if you tell me you'd have to kill me? :yh: :gun:

Yes, that graph is a good idea, the lists get tedious with all the duplicate run of the mill stuff, but for those who enjoy them more power to you, I just don't study them. :beer:

IDK. I started mine nearly five years ago. It was quite common back then to list your builds. I have removed many to replace them with new ones as I get them. My list is really only about half of the lasers I own. I guess old habits die hard.

There's nothing wrong with it, and I'm not saying anything against it, I just don't take time to make a study of who has what as a lot of it is " ebay greenie " and such.

I don't yet own a yellow laser or an argon, or a dye laser, I do have most everything within the common realm, however I buy what I like for myself, not to be in competition as a collector, and I wouldn't brag or even bother to make a long list about my 3 dozen+ dpss 532's of various output, or the dozen nubm44 builds I have, they are common, well some of my builds are special, but it's a common diode.

I suppose if people listed their exotic wavelengths only I might be interested, but when I have looked and I plow through a bunch of the same old common stuff I get bored with it, that's not a critique, just my personal feelings as to why I don't enjoy reading the lists.

But for those who do, by all means enjoy it, actually now that it's being talked about I have started to look for who has yellows and how strong they are, so I would like to recommend, as many already do, using the color text when making lists so the wavelength readers are interested in stand out. :beer:

Last edited:
The graph was made using Excel and Photoshop. :)
its funny because I recognize that background, I was looking up some laser stuff from a company called LaserFabrik in Germany and found lots of videos of that multiWavelength rainbow firing across the city and thought of how incredibly beautiful it was :drool: then not too long after I saw this I saw your background in your signature :D

There's nothing wrong with it, and I'm not saying anything against it, I just don't take time to make a study of who has what as a lot of it is " ebay greenie " and such.

I don't yet own a yellow laser or an argon, or a dye laser, I do have most everything within the common realm, however I buy what I like for myself, not to be in competition as a collector, and I wouldn't brag or even bother to make a long list about my 3 dozen+ dpss 532's of various output, or the dozen nubm44 builds I have, they are common, well some of my builds are special, but it's a common diode.

I suppose if people listed their exotic wavelengths only I might be interested, but when I have looked and I plow through a bunch of the same old common stuff I get bored with it, that's not a critique, just my personal feelings as to why I don't enjoy reading the lists.

But for those who do, by all means enjoy it, actually now that it's being talked about I have started to look for who has yellows and how strong they are, so I would like to recommend, as many already do, using the color text when making lists so the wavelength readers are interested in stand out. :beer:

I agree Red, I also don't own a yellow, Dye, or Argon :(
youre right about that fact that its almost pointless to put all your dpss 532s since everyone literally has more than 1. even though 520 seems to be more popular now i would still love to have a 1 watt 532nm :D

I just put a 532 DPSS in my sig for a bit of rainbow feel, but then I removed it and left LaserBTB pen in there, I had a nice 300mW 532nm before but it broke.
I was wondering about your car mount module thinking it was some sort of LEDs like the ones on big pickup trucks. :D

Last edited: