Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

its been over 3 weeks

I just put a 532 DPSS in my sig for a bit of rainbow feel, but then I removed it and left LaserBTB pen in there, I had a nice 300mW 532nm before but it broke.
I was wondering about your car mount module thinking it was some sort of LEDs like the ones on big pickup trucks. :D

your 300mw 532nm broke? :(
lol nope no truck light, I just wanted to be funny :na:
I sure do wish I had a 2,200W 589nm. I imagine most everyone on this forum would wanna come visit me if I had something like that :crackup:

your 300mw 532nm broke? :(
lol nope no truck light, I just wanted to be funny :na:
I sure do wish I had a 2,200W 589nm. I imagine most everyone on this forum would wanna come visit me if I had something like that :crackup:

Yeah it was a "cheap" $100 ebay laser.
I want to visit anyone who has a yellow laser period. :crackup:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Richie, a top secret lpf mission would be planned if you had a 2.2kW 589. :beer:
50mW of 589 is great enough.

Yeah it was a "cheap" $100 ebay laser.
I want to visit anyone who has a yellow laser period. :crackup:
haha! I feel the same way since I have never in my life seen a yellow laser :(
most people have dream and things on their bucket list, things they would do before they die. mine is probably to own or just to see a yellow laser. :wave:
Richie, a top secret lpf mission would be planned if you had a 2.2kW 589. :beer:
50mW of 589 is great enough.
:crackup: a top secret "heist" against me :)

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Richie, it is well worth saving up for a DL Aurora/Spartan. I know its easier said than done, i'm struggling to get money together atm. 589 is not pure yellow, but it is amazing in it own way. I'm lucky to own 589 and 594 and they are a beauty.

Richie, it is well worth saving up for a DL Aurora/Spartan. I know its easier said than done, i'm struggling to get money together atm. 589 is not pure yellow, but it is amazing in it own way. I'm lucky to own 589 and 594 and they are a beauty.

you're right Curtis, I have bee trying to save up to get a 589nm Spartan but i always seem to have something come up :( truthfully, i dont mind taking forever to save up im just so affraid that Dragonlaers will one day decide to do what Laserbtb and many others did by getting out of the Handheld game :cryyy: hopfully that will never happen.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
I hope they don't as well. It is well worth it if you do manage to get one.

Richie, for $65.00 total, you can have a yellow laser exactly like mine and have it delivered in just four days from mainland China. There are many laser builds that cost far more than that. My only regret now is I didn't buy more of them at the time, but my skepticism kept me from spending any more money until I could verify this. If you buy one on these, I guarantee you, you won't be dissatisfied.

Richie, for $65.00 total, you can have a yellow laser exactly like mine and have it delivered in just four days from mainland China. There are many laser builds that cost far more than that. My only regret now is I didn't buy more of them at the time, but my skepticism kept me from spending any more money until I could verify this. If you buy one on these, I guarantee you, you won't be dissatisfied.

Just bought my 575nm, $61 total. How fast is DHL express? Its kinda weird how it let me choose any shipping method with no additional costs. :thinking:
Anyways I can't wait for it and Richie you should get one too, a couple people did already.

DHL Expess gets my packages to me from China faster than any other shipping option I have used. I have gotten many new diodes sent either by DHL or FedEx many times. This laser got to me in less than four days once it shipped. I paid $35.00 for that option.

DHL Expess gets my packages to me from China faster than any other shipping option I have used. I have gotten many new diodes sent either by DHL or FedEx many times. This laser got to me in less than four days once it shipped. I paid $35.00 for that option.

Good to hear, I also bought the little battery case holder with red and black wires, but it probably will take much longer to come.

Personally, I prefer to use a 12 volt wall wart as a power supply. The driver comes with a red and black wire harness that can be cut and spliced into the wall wart by cutting the plug off the end and just connecting red to red and black to black. As long as the supply can deliver 600 mA, this is your best, and cheapest option. Right now I have it connected to one of my CC/CV power supplies. I have several 12 volt wall warts. I may just add a plug to use the one I have on my 532nm 230 mW lab laser.

JimK

Do Opt do higher than 575?
It's very tempting at the moment either way.
I would get a 589 1mw otherwise.

Do Opt do higher than 575?
It's very tempting at the moment either way.
I would get a 589 1mw otherwise.

No, they don't. But, you won't get a nicer yellow color and the 589nm 1 mW will cost you five to seven times what the OPTlaser will at 30 mW.

Last edited:
hey paul, I went to the website but couldn't seem to find it :( I might be looking in the wrong area, then again when I did look for it I didn't look very hard.

Just bought my 575nm, $61 total. How fast is DHL express? Its kinda weird how it let me choose any shipping method with no additional costs. :thinking:
Anyways I can't wait for it and Richie you should get one too, a couple people did already.
$65 dollars almost sounds too good to be true but its definitely not :p
I really should go for it! I don't own anything even remotely close to yellow so this should be a no brainer :D

Try emailing Freeman at: fb@optlaser.com. Ask for the 575nm laser. I paid $65.00 for mine with shipping. Of that, $35.00 was DHL Express shipping which got my laser to me from mainland China in less that four days.