Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

It is Here.!!!!! 300mW "635nm" Mitsubishi.....

DTR

Put me down for a donation, DTR. I want to see what the one that is hopefully in my mailbox right now can do without hurting it. :)

No problem.

$5.70 a person.:beer:
azzman372
chipdouglas
midias
InfinitusEquitas
paulzimm
lazeerer
rocket689

Ooo. The mail truck just went by. My stuff should be here in about 5 minutes.

edit: or less ;) Jeez. i think it took me longer to unpack the stuff from the excellent packaging then it did to get from DTR to me.

Stupid question but I assume

red +
black -
white case

is the pinout?

edit 2: yep it is.

Last edited:
And, how is a CCD spectrometer different from a 3-pixel CCD?

It has a fiber, a grating, and a row of a few hundred pixels at least.

My point is that this "color sensor" probably won't be much better at telling you the wavelength than a picture.

:drool: Just opened my package. Packed well as usual.

I hope to get some time for testing tonight. :)

Actually, I'm in the works designing a basic (but pretty damn accurate) spectrometer using a much, much better (but similar) system. And some more, but that's a secret!

Last edited:
I just threw the module in my finned labby sink and did a quick power-up, just because it was calling to me. :wave:

Wow, you guys weren't kidding about the divergence.... :eek: It makes a 445's dot look great. Hmmm.

The beam is amazing, though. I never thought I'd have a red that the beam is so visible. :)

At 400ma, the "dot" (square) actually looks orange. :D

Lol, it's a love/hate relationship! :undecided:

I just threw the module in my finned labby sink and did a quick power-up, just because it was calling to me. :wave:

Wow, you guys weren't kidding about the divergence.... :eek: It makes a 445's dot look great. Hmmm.

The beam is amazing, though. I never thought I'd have a red that the beam is so visible. :)

At 400ma, the "dot" (square) actually looks orange. :D

Lol, it's a love/hate relationship! :undecided:

Tell me about it. :p

Outside you can barely tell the bad divergence.;)

I see the dot exactly like a 445nm "dot" a Line more the a Square.?

Yes i have to agree. This diode seems much ore orange then my other 635nm laser. Except for my 40mW one.

Last edited:
Well I couldn't wait to fire up this bad boy so I set it up as a labby in my Saik's heatsink powered off my bench supply. I checked the flexdrive's output using 3 didoes and measured 419ma. Using the stock acrylic lens it measured in at a steady 199mw on my LPM. I expect with AR coated optics I'd get reading in the mid to upper 200mw range. Hopefully I'll have it in a real host later tonight. Overall I'm pretty damned happy with this diode so far.

Well I couldn't wait to fire up this bad boy so I set it up as a labby in my Saik's heatsink powered off my bench supply. I checked the flexdrive's output using 3 didoes and measured 419ma. Using the stock acrylic lens it measured in at a steady 199mw on my LPM. I expect with AR coated optics I'd get reading in the mid to upper 200mw range. Hopefully I'll have it in a real host later tonight. Overall I'm pretty damned happy with this diode so far.

Something Is not right.:thinking:

At 420mA you should be getting alot higher then this.

What LPM do you have.? You sure you set your driver correct.?

Like i told you i the other thread. 635nm diodes like to stay very very cool. Let the Laser cool for about 1 hour then re test it.

Regardless you should be close to ~300mW at that Currant.:thinking:

Last edited:

Angelos-> yes, it is more of a "bar" than a dot. It has these annoying sharp spikes coming off of the ends of the bar, too. Does yours have that?

LtKernel-> whew! I thought I hurt the diode when I only got 205mw at 2.3V/400ma with a AR acrylic. I used my bench supply, as well. :)

Last edited:
Thats Low Guys.? Iam at 475mA and Breaking 400mW."FlexDrive" WIth the G1 I should get close to 500mW.

Thats Low Guys.? Iam at 475mA and Breaking 400mW."FlexDrive" WIth the G1 I should get close to 500mW.

Hmm... :( Well, maybe ill try a flexdrive later tonight. Im using my Kenometer with Coherent sensor, by the way.

Great work with the testing Lazeerer! Seeing as these require 2.2 volts, what kind of input voltage would you need with a flexdrive?

Last edited: