Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Is your arctic still functioning?

Is your Arctic still functioning?

• Yes.

Votes: 16 69.6%
  • No.

Votes: 7 30.4%

• Total voters
Just thought I'd open a poll, to have an idea of knowing how many peoples arctic is still working. Almost like a head-count.
Thanks for looking!

I guess I lucked out. Mine still works perfectly. I ordered on 6/11 and it arrived on 8/18. I've only run about 4 AW2600 cycles through. I also removed the lens protector glass before ever turning it on.

udanis

Mine worked fine till the day I sold it.....although my charger died.

W4NX

Mine still works, removed the filter from the training lens to eliminate reflections back into the diode and also picked up better batteries.

i don't have an arctic, But if i did i'm sure it would not be functioning because i would have already thrown it out my window and probably damaged a neighbors car...... (not that any of that happened :whistle:)

First post here. Arctic arrived 48 hours ago. Still works like new! :D

Last edited:
Haha I like this thread. My answer was no. But my Spartan is working PERFECT!

I've had my Spyder Arctic for over two months now and it works like the day it arrived. It's a G1 model and it matches my two DIY lasers easy. The Spyder seems to have more heatsink mass and the driver does'nt go into temp overload and flash.
HMike

I have two.

One of mine has a problem with the "interlock pin" on the endcap not always making connection. (I don't count that as 'broken' but I would like to order a spare endcap from them if they'd ever answer my emails.) Rotating it some fixes that.

Besides that, no problems.

Aryn----
Mine had the same problem at first. The safety pin wanted to pop out. I used my Dremmel tool and removed some plastic from the button and it's good to go now. A simple fix.

HMike