Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Is your arctic still functioning?

Is your Arctic still functioning?

• Yes.

Votes: 16 69.6%
  • No.

Votes: 7 30.4%

• Total voters

Scottyzedinosaur

Just thought I'd open a poll, to have an idea of knowing how many peoples arctic is still working. Almost like a head-count.
Thanks for looking!

haveblue

I guess I lucked out. Mine still works perfectly. I ordered on 6/11 and it arrived on 8/18. I've only run about 4 AW2600 cycles through. I also removed the lens protector glass before ever turning it on.

udanis

Mine worked fine till the day I sold it.....although my charger died.

W4NX

Mine still works, removed the filter from the training lens to eliminate reflections back into the diode and also picked up better batteries.

jeffreythe00

i don't have an arctic, But if i did i'm sure it would not be functioning because i would have already thrown it out my window and probably damaged a neighbors car...... (not that any of that happened :whistle:)

MassLaserGuy

First post here. Arctic arrived 48 hours ago. Still works like new! :D

Last edited:

mikeeey

Haha I like this thread. My answer was no. But my Spartan is working PERFECT!

Hemlock_Mike

I've had my Spyder Arctic for over two months now and it works like the day it arrived. It's a G1 model and it matches my two DIY lasers easy. The Spyder seems to have more heatsink mass and the driver does'nt go into temp overload and flash.
HMike

aryntha

I have two.

One of mine has a problem with the "interlock pin" on the endcap not always making connection. (I don't count that as 'broken' but I would like to order a spare endcap from them if they'd ever answer my emails.) Rotating it some fixes that.

Besides that, no problems.

Hemlock_Mike

Aryn----
Mine had the same problem at first. The safety pin wanted to pop out. I used my Dremmel tool and removed some plastic from the button and it's good to go now. A simple fix.

HMike