Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

iPad 3!

Meh i doubt storage space. There are already pretty expensive components in the ipad3. Adding more good stuff will make a ipad from heaven, but also a heavenly high price. Well they have a reputation by not changing Prices for new products, but still it might be to change...
For example their quad core and retina display didnt exist, they are all designed and made for apple. That costs alot.
Maybe a 128gb ipad but no i doubt more.

And you know it from rumour sites, or else its a pretty good gamble the whole world can say;)
But even when the pixel density of the iphone 4 will be quite more then at the ipad3, it still makes up to be one heck of a beautiful display like you already said. More then full 1080p hd on 10inch, come on thats
One thing that no one talks about is oled, i kinda hope apple will put this in. It makes for a badder screen outside, but the colors are greater. And for a 10inch screen it will also reduce battery drain, although not spectacular more.

Btw offtopic your avatar has been my iphone 4 wallpaper for about 8 months:D
Changed it with the 4s for third time.

Last edited:

Meh i doubt storage space. There are already pretty expensive components in the ipad3. Adding more good stuff will make a ipad from heaven, but also a heavenly high price. Well they have a reputation by not changing Prices for new products, but still it might be to change...
For example their quad core and retina display didnt exist, they are all designed and made for apple. That costs alot.
Maybe a 128gb ipad but no i doubt more.

And you know it from rumour sites, or else its a pretty good gamble the whole world can say;)
But even when the pixel density of the iphone 4 will be quite more then at the ipad3, it still makes up to be one heck of a beautiful display like you already said. More then full 1080p hd on 10inch, come on thats
One thing that no one talks about is oled, i kinda hope apple will put this in. It makes for a badder screen outside, but the colors are greater. And for a 10inch screen it will also reduce battery drain, although not spectacular more.

Btw offtopic your avatar has been my iphone 4 wallpaper for about 8 months:D
Changed it with the 4s for third time.

Please look at my location.... I'm saying nothing more. Apple is our largest customer by far!

Too much Crapple hype... I don't understand why people line up to buy something.. Wait a bit and you can probably get it for less even.

There's nothing revolutionary about the iPad 3. The iPad 1 was neat the rest are just little improvements here and there.

There will never be a best iPad ever. They will always add some little thing to it and +1 the number and that will be the best iPad ever for a year or so.

I sill have my iPad 1. It works fine and it does most of the stuff all the new ones do... Not enough to justify buying a new one.

My wife has an Ipad2, I have a dual-xeon Power Mac (that I bought used thankfully) and I just don't get the Apple brand hype. Both devices are fine machines, they do look VERY good, but nothing earth-shattering in terms of capability IMO.. certainly nothing that could justify paying full-price for a new Power Mac when I can build a superior feature set for far less, or worth standing in line like lemmings outside of some glitzy mall store..

This is the oldest debate in history though, and this is only my opinion. Different strokes for different folks.

Last edited:
My wife has an Ipad2, I have a dual-xeon Power Mac (that I bought used thankfully) and I just don't get the Apple brand hype. Both devices are fine machines, they do look VERY good, but nothing earth-shattering in terms of capability IMO.. certainly nothing that could justify paying full-price for a new Power Mac when I can build a superior feature set for far less, or worth standing in line like lemmings outside of some glitzy mall store..

This is the oldest debate in history though, and this is only my opinion. Different strokes for different folks.

I liked my iPad for web browsing and e-mail sometimes while lying in bed, though I haven't really used it since I got my Playbook since it fits in my jacket pocket so I always have it with me.

you know, il skip any appointments made to see the announcement of that ipad3, thats how exited i am about the new ipad 3 ^^

Well, you can read what you wish. The display that has already been released to the assembly company was a screen that was more than capable of doing 1920x1080pixels. 2048 x 1536 figure is correct as stated on the above link.This is the highest resolution screen ever built for a tablet device that we at LG know of. This when combined with the Quad core processor that apple is adding into the Ipad 3... Need I say more. I have an Ipad 2 and it has more than proved it's worth to me! I love it.
Yes.. it can display 1080p fine and also mirror 1080p via Videos and the apple HDMI media
cable. I can also mirror 1080p 3D movies as well.

Last edited:

Paddy

I don't see the point in I-Pads for general use if i'm honest.
My dad has an I Pad 2 and it's handy for him with work, i just don't see the point in buying one of these if you don't have a real need for it.
I just see apple as a fashion statement tbh, if you don't have an I this or I that you're deemed to not be up to date with technology.
Give me my Nexus one/Android OS device with (usually) better/similar specs at half the price.
(Also the constant tweeking of models then releasing them as new phone does my head in, why would you spend money on a new phone just cus it's a bit more updated. To keep up with the trends)
Peace. :)

What's the estimated release date for the ipad3?

I'm planning on picking up an Ipad2 WiFi with keyboard dock for doing work while travelling (mostly web, presentatoin and document work).
I have a 7 year old Dell laptop I use daily and th eIpad will complement it until I'm comfortable swithing over to the ipad 100%.
I'm really not a fan of apple though. I had a $1k mac in college and sold it in a few months. IMO, PC > Mac

I'm a console gamer so I don't worry about beefy computer performace. But if I need real computing power I boot up my homebuilt desktop PC. (8gb Ram, AMD Phenom II, watercooled, 1TB RAID0 HDD, 1GB Radeon, ...).

Eta: one and a half month for release and max 2 months. Announcement: within a month probaly about 2 weeks.

Yeah... I'm not waiting in line for days with a bunch of pretentious smelly hipsters.
I'll order it off the internet or just pay less for the older iPad2.