Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Introducing two new miniature drivers for portable lasers

OK cool. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't cutting off power supply or anything :D I might just solder a resistor between the pad and vcc, that way I can do PWM or normal operation just by removing the micro (hooray for pull-up resistors!).

jayrob

drlava, I just want to clarify exactly which jumpers your mean when you say that all 3 can be set to get 540-1200...

Kennom posted this picture:

boost.jpg

Is that what you mean by setting all 3 jumpers? (except it should be titled 540 - 1200)

drlava, I just want to clarify exactly which jumpers your mean when you say that all 3 can be set to get 540-1200...

boost.jpg

Is that what you mean by setting all 3 jumpers? (except it should be titled 540 - 1200)

Works great, by the way :D

Last edited:
you can get 1200mA out of this thing? Jeez, this driver keeps surprising me. Thank goodness I brought my soldering iron with me!

EDIT: I want to confirm this works. I asked in another thread, but just to make sure jmgallego have you tried it? Those extra 200mA would be nice.

Last edited:
you can get 1200mA out of this thing? Jeez, this driver keeps surprising me. Thank goodness I brought my soldering iron with me!

EDIT: I want to confirm this works. I asked in another thread, but just to make sure jmgallego have you tried it? Those extra 200mA would be nice.

Yes, made solder jump and I can see that things burn faster and the drain the battery is faster. I went around town today to pick the components to build a load test. I will let you know what currents I am getting. Also, as soon as I receive my LPM, I will check to power output.

Sweet. drlava or anyone else here, do you recommend I flood the pill where the driver sits with cheap-o thermal paste if I turn the driver up this high?

Last edited:

drlava

boost.jpg

Yes, that's what I mean. However (to others) I don't recommend doing that so you can reach 1200mA. 1200 might work for you, but it leaves no headroom for battery drain and it will give you very short run-times. Not to mention it's way past spec for the diode.

Cheap-o thermal paste is typically designed to be used thinly between flat surfaces. If you want to flood the area, you have to use the thick, high density thermal paste meant for bulk heat transfer, like what they use in some sleds. Also it has to be non electrically conductive.

Last edited:
Will the driver cut out sooner if you set it higher or something? I don't want more than an hour of runtime.... and people are driving these diodes at 2.2A, I figure 1.2 is just dandy.

I have been trying to load the website to order these drivers. And the website just isn't there anymore.

ANYONE HELP!!!

I have been trying to load the website to order these drivers. And the website just isn't there anymore.

ANYONE HELP!!!

Same here (but I already ordered and received my driver :na:).
However, I still want to get the updated PDF which explains how to do PWM modulation.

Looks like a server issue:

Hmm, hacylon.case.edu isn't loading right now.

The computers that run hacylon.case.edu are having some trouble.

drlava

Hi, there was a power outage over the weekend. I'll bring it back up in a few hours. Sorry about that!

drlava, my intent is not to inundate you with more corresponds, but can you please
pm me so I can hook up with some microboost awesomeness. Thank you in advance.

jander6442

P.S. I already PMed you about a week ago about my delima... :eek: